USA NBA holidays

atosha

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Atosha McCaw
eBay User
Toshie16
Hi,

I'm thinking of taking a holiday to the US to watch NBA, NFL and NHL (and possibly MLB depending on the timing of it , although the only time they cross over is spring training and world series...)

Has anyone done a big US sports trip? Any tips? I'm also happy to hear any stories about how good it was too. :)

I've been to about 8 NBA games, 2 NFL and 1 MLB game, all in Atlanta except for a NBA game in MSG and one in Oakland and the MLB game in Baltimore. I find November a great time to go in, so you can catch both NBA and NFL, and its not too cold yet.

As a tip, I suggest trying to plan your trip as soon as the NBA schedule comes out, then buying tickets as soon as they go on sale, especially if you are buying for a game that is likely to sell out. I tend to also look when the Hawks are having a 3-4 game homestand over a week and try to get there for that. Its a bonus if the Falcons are at home at either of the weekends too.

Oh and dont rule out seeing some College bball/fball. They are fun games to attend too.

Good luck!

I went to a Yankees game last July at the new Stadium. Had a blast and really enjoyed the game. Easily the best atmosphere of any game I have been to.

All ace stories. And good tips. Pretty much all i've got to decide is MLB vs NBA/NFL/NHL as to the time of year. Keen to see some college games too.

went last year in november - december. went to 2 clippers games, a golden state, a chicago game, celtics game and went to an la kings game as well as metallica. bloddy worth it and would do it again. i suggest buying tickets when you get there, alot cheaper through the scalpers on the day or night before. got courtside seats to the kings for $20, the other tickets were second row at about $15. the cheapest ticket was the bulls at $10

How the hell do u sit courtside for $20? Click here to enlarge

Was thinking the exact same thing!.. WTF.

My mission in life is to one day travel to the states and do a NBA marathon.. hopefully next year.

How the hell do u sit courtside for $20? :confused:

scalpers my dear friend,scalpers.
you wait the day or on the night at the stadium and thats how ya get em. craigslist is good as well.

it wont always work but its better than ticketmaster which is a total rort

Back
Top Bottom