Trip to the US soon!

chaddy42

James Worthy collector
Real Name
Dale
eBay User
chaddy42
Hi all,

I'm taking the family to the US for a couple of weeks doing the whole Disneyland/Universal Studios thing in Anaheim and Hollywood, then over to NY, driving up to Springfield to drop into the HOF, down to Lancaster to visit an Amish community (and dinner with SBF/Matt!), then on to Washington before flying back home.

We've already got tickets to a Ducks game, along with 2 Lakers games (floor seat...and will miss out on seeing Kobe by a week it looks like), a Wizards game and I'm going by myself to see the Knicks at MSG...can't wait!!

I haven't done much research in terms of card shops and I'm wondering if you guys can help me out a bit. Google throws up names like Beverly Hills Baseball Card Shop, California Sports Cards and The Bullpen for LA. NY and Washington DC searches come up with donuts.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge around some good shops? Also thinking of going to a Walmart for a box or two...is that a good idea, or do they just sell retail boxes?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

My trip to the US was one of the best things I have ever done! The Lakers game I went to will never be forgotten, well worth experiencing! Not many card shops in Hollywood, however since you are in Anaheim, there a few good ones there. Just ask a taxi driver to take you to one, they seem to know all the local spots.

Thanks Norm...I forgot about Anaheim. OC Dugout looks ok, I'll see if I can check it out on day one before 3 days at Disneyland!

That's the one we went too, heaps of singles there and tons of boxes. I suggest checking out their singles online before going there. 3 days at DL is heaps! Be prepared to wait up to 2 hours for popular rides even with express tickets!

I dont know if this is any help but in the becket it has a basketball dealer directory. For New York it lists Deluca's baseball cards, Royal collectibles, Chameleon comics, Dave and Adams card world x3 shops, Game On, DCS Sportscards

wow looks like a fantastic trip ahead of you Dale.
I was in LA last April and saw the 4 last Lakers game of the season (included the one against the Warriors when Kobe got hurt :cry:). This town is awesome and very BIG !!!
Don't forget your map or GPS.
I went to Disneyland too and California Adventure is one of my favorites theme park. Love the Soaring attraction and Cards land is very cool (for that you'd better grab your fastpast tickets as soon as you enter the park !!!). Universal Studios is nice as well, the view of the valey is spectacular there : the heart of the movies industry.
Didn't take time to go to a card shop cause I was pretty sure that it would have been almost impossible to find new cards for my collection. But maybe you'll be lucky and find a treasure ;).
For Wallmart, there is only retails boxes, not really interesting.
I'll be in USA for Christmas but in Texas this time where I have relatives. Will see a Spurs game against the Raptors.
Enjoy your trip my friend :wave: and wish you to see Kobe's comeback !!!

JP

Mate, I walked every street in NYC to find a quality shop and only came across one. Its in Beckett directory Chameleon Comics. I found that most of the dealers were outside the big city's in the burbs.
Beverly hills baseball card shop was another not far from the action. I was busting plenty of smaller 8-10 pack boxes from Wallmart/Toys R Us etc but didnt pull anything flash. But good times tho! Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom