Trade Rumours

IMHO this would be GREAT for the WCE & the players involved:

WEST Coast has confirmed that the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions have emerged as probable destinations for premiership ruckman Mark Seaby and popular utility Brent Staker in next week's exchange period.

Both players have asked the club to find them new homes, although Staker is contracted to the Eagles for 2010.

List and contract manager Steve Woodhouse told afl.com.au on Wednesday that the club was in negotiation with Seaby and Staker.

"Seaby (is) looking to go to Sydney and we're discussing that with his management ... the same with Staker, who has been up to Brisbane," he said.

"We're in discussions with them and we've got to work through that over the course of the next couple of weeks."

Seaby has played 102 games for the Eagles since his 2004 debut, while Staker has appeared in 110.

They played just 11 matches between them in 2009, though Staker was injured for the majority of the season.

The West Australian had reported that the Swans were showing significant interest in Seaby and that the 25-year-old had been offered a three-year deal.

West Coast coach John Worsfold suggested on Seven News last week that Staker could cross to the Lions in a deal that might see midfielder Bradd Dalziell return to Western Australia.

Seaby deserves another chance at the AFL Level (He IS good enough) and Dalziell added to our midfield woud cover the loss of Fletcher / Stengline.

What do other WCE supporters think?

Yeah sounds good in theory Richo but Dalziell has not proven himself yet, and as much as Staker frustrates supporters I have a feeling he is in his prime and will hurt us maybe.Where would he fit in the Lions side? Seaby is a church boy who was just too nice, good luck to him though, definately a great set shot in front of goal too.

Looks like The Hawks for pick 9 and (ive heard) Campbell Brown ,Jordan Lewis,Schoenmakers .......................so who knows.Lovett looks set to go to the Dockers for pick 4 which in return they want to use to try and get Junior from the Power

Pick 9 yes, but guaranteed NONE of those three players will be traded. Hope to tempt them with a Tuck or McGlynn.

Gibson to Hawthorn will probably happen for pick 25, and 41. Hawthorn would probably get Kangaroos 3rd round pick in exchange, although still being negotiated.

And rumours are Josh Kennedy (Haw) is being wooed by Sydney with the offer of more game time.

Pick 9 yes, but guaranteed NONE of those three players will be traded. Hope to tempt them with a Tuck or McGlynn.

Gibson to Hawthorn will probably happen for pick 25, and 41. Hawthorn would probably get Kangaroos 3rd round pick in exchange, although still being negotiated.

And rumours are Josh Kennedy (Haw) is being wooed by Sydney with the offer of more game time.

Funny how quiet you have been this year AJ.....in regards to AFL :whistle:
Hawks must of had a poor year (tic)

In all seriousness though pick 25 & 41 for Gibson is a STEAL!

the additions of gibson and burgoine for a 2 or 3 draft picks and a player, would be perfect for the hawks... especially considering the draft is apparently reasonably weak compared to other yrs

we already have enough young talent as it is... a heap of them cant even get playing time due to our solid depth

add these guys, get all the players fit and firing with a full preseason and watch them bounce back stong in 2010... heres hoping

Am happy with 9 and McGlynn.Word around the traps is the Jnr Burger is shot,Am hoping not love watching the guy in full flight no matter what jumper hes wearing.

Funny how quiet you have been this year AJ.....in regards to AFL :whistle:
Hawks must of had a poor year (tic)

In all seriousness though pick 25 & 41 for Gibson is a STEAL!

Actually have been pretty quiet most of the year in regards to everything, barring that month where I actively collected again... have been too busy to say much.

I wasn't expecting Hawthorn to set the world on fire this year, so a losing season, didn't stop me from posting. I just had other things to do :p

Pies after Jolly apparently.
7 clubs said no on Fev. Looks like pies, Lions or no move at all most likely options

saints have offerd port there top draft pick and luke ball 2 port for burgoyne.
and bulldogs may trade dylan addison to get big bad bazza

anyone else think carlton is just pulling everyones leg on the Fev trade? Is he out of contract?

I reckon -

Carlton says they are shopping him.
Gets no/little interest
Tells fev no one wants him after recent shambles and his value has therefore dropped

anyone else think carlton is just pulling everyones leg on the Fev trade? Is he out of contract?

I reckon -

Gets no/little interest
Tells fev no one wants him after recent shambles and his value has therefore dropped

he has 2 more yrs to go on his current deal... its only so long and large $$$ b/c the late dick pratt loved him and was very generous

I reckon -

Gets no/little interest

Agreed, yeh he has 2 years left on contract.
Early on i thought they might be getting rid of him, such a huge player for them to loose tho

The Dalziell/Staker trade is done but with a twist!!!! It involves 3 clubs in the same trade,

Brisbane Get: Brent Staker (WCE) and Amon Buchanon (SYD)
Sydney Get: Mark Seaby (WCE) and Draft pick No.28 from Brisbane
West Coast get: Bradd Dalziell and Draft Pick No. 22 from Sydney

Pretty complicated stuff but it works for us!!!! West Coast have bargained big time!

The Dalziell/Staker trade is done but with a twist!!!! It involves 3 clubs in the same trade,

Pretty complicated stuff but it works for us!!!! West Coast have bargained big time!

with seaby's arrival it all but confirms jolly coming back to melbourne... collingwood sounds like a strong suitor

I like how you say it's "done". Trade week starts tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom