Trade agreement still unpaid. What are my options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
I made an agreement with a member and the thread was posted. The problem is the person still has not paid and I am 99% sure that they have been on the boards since I sent a pm asking what is happening. And I have not received a reply or payment. It is now nearly 2 weeks since agreement was made. What makes it worse is I could have sold some of the cards to other members. So what are my options.

easy way to find out if they have been on since your last PM is to look at their profile, tells you their last active date and then check that against when you sent the PM

I would send another PM to them, if again you dont get a response, negative feedback is in order, just my 2c

That, or just put them on your Ignore list, and forget about the trade.

I've had a member try that on me, wanting this, that and another, said they were gonna buy, even agreed to a deal, and then send me a PM the next day backing out on half, then the following day, back out on the rest of the deal.

People like that are obviously wasting time, but sometimes there can be the occasion where they have legitimate reasons.

it happens sometimes..
quite a waste of time..

better not deal next time even this deal is going ahead.

and i also want to suggest, both parties should come up with the price check, deal agreement, post responsibilities...... and some people just don't post feedback until you post it, i find it a bit weird because if you get first, u should post first, at least to honor the trader who posted quick and early.. anyway, it happens sometimes and patience is virtue in this case.. but better not deal next time...

If you sell something on here, you should leave feedback as soon as you receive payment, it tells other sellers for this buyer, that they do pay.

If you trade, you leave feedback when you receive your end of the deal (the cards the other party sends you).

If you buy, you leave feedback when you receive the goods.

There's no leaving negative retaliations around here.

Sure some people are slow with feedback, I too have not left feedback sometimes when I receive my stuff, and usually it's the other party when they leave me the feedback reminding me that I've been a slackarse.

Scotty,

thanks for explaining.. yes i do follow the protocol.. but i am just pointing out.. sometimes, it takes days to complete a deal and it's best to be patience for this once and don't do it later..

i never had any problem trading here... so far, none.... coz i do my best as i believe everyone will do the same..

i quite believe in action/reaction of minds... :)

I'd have suggested what Hill suggested, but stipulate if they don't reply in a certain amount of time, then sell the cards to other interested traders.

If they think they'll lose the cards, if they truly want them, they'll be in contact with you.

Honestly, I don't think its worth negging them for this. At worst, ignore them, and refuse to deal with them in future.

hi AJ, is this problem settle yet?

I have received bank details and refund has been given. I sent the other person a PM but NO REPLY what a surprise. I think it is slack of this person to make a deal and go on holidays then they are getting you to take care of it. But my thanks to you for your help, it is just a shame that the other person is not as reliable as you.

oh.. that's good. finally tis problem has been settled. :D

thanks for reply.
and merry x'mas to everyone. cheers

Name the person AJ !

They should be named, so we know what they are like !

Hi,
You are correct they should be named, but instead of that it is my early new year resolution to just relax more and be nice and instead of going off. I will remember the people who have done me wrong one way or another and when they really want something from me then it will be that much easier to say no thanks. So that is all I have to say.
Thanks did you have a good Xmas day.

while Im not a big fan of the public name and shame, I think appropriate feedback should be left, as to reflect how this trader applies themselves...

that was the whole purpose of us changing to this type of board, with the feedback system

I think they should be named so others dont have the same probs. In saying that i think the person being named has a right to voice their side of the problem. This way everyone can make there own mind up. If the person being complained against does not reply then guilty as charged.

What is funny is that even after I gave the refund I had Zodiac (who was left to sort it out as the other person was on holiday overseas I think) asking me after I said I had given the refund he asked me who I had paid the money back to, I told him the name. Then Zodiac asked who this person was as he did not know him (so it was not the member who was buying the cards from me). Then I tell him that I received the details from the original member. Then shortly after telling Zodiac this he says that he know understands what is happening the member had given me details of another person that he had purchased from and my refund to him was to pay for another purchase from someone else. How f###ed up is that. He was most probably late paying him as well.

But as I said in my previous post I will not name them for my reasons given but if the administrators decide that the actions of this member deserved to be named it will not happen.

I think they should be named so others dont have the same probs. In saying that i think the person being named has a right to voice their side of the problem. This way everyone can make there own mind up. If the person being complained against does not reply then guilty as charged.

I think I should not name as this has happened close to 5 weeks ago now so it is probably best to let it go and never deal with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom