Topps UFC Round One Live Box Break

911_Turbo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Glenn
eBay User
muscle_buster
Howdy all,

Got my hands on another box of Topps UFC Round One. By what ive heard and read, doesn't seem to be too many boxes left of this, so id say this will be my last box :(

Also got it at a cheap price, they are now going for over $200US per box :blink: They started out around $120US per box, looks like greater demand than they imagined....

3 autos and 3 relics per box, lets get cracking!

No one interested, oh well. Here we go

Pack 1

Ben Saunders Auto :)mad: thats my 2nd one from 2 boxes!)
Shane Carwin Silver Parallel #191/288

Pack 2

Top 10 Fights Of 2008 - Reljic vs Gouveia
Cain Velasquez Silver Parallel #171/288

Pack 3

Victourious Debuts - Antonio Nogueira
Wilson Gouveia Silver Parallel #226/288

Pack 4

Victourious Debuts - Nate Marquardt
Dan Henderson Silver Parallel #210/288

Pack 5

Chuck Liddell Gold Parallel

Pack 6

Ultimate Gear - Georges St Pierre #190/500 :)

Pack 7

Top 10 Fights Of 2008 - Diaz vs Neer Gold Parallel #35/88
Herb Dean Gold Parallel
Bruce Buffer base card :)woot: Yay, needed this card to complete the base set from my first box!)

Pack 8

Top 10 Fights of 2008 - Wiman vs Tavares
Randy Couture Gold Parallel

Blown8, should be able to get some pics up of the hits later on :thumbsup:

Pack 9

Clay Guida Autograph
Nate Diaz Gold Parallel

Pack 10

Victorious Debuts - Quinton Jackson
Rameau Sokoudjou Gold Parallel

Pack 11

Top 10 Fights Of 2008 - Diaz vs Pellegrino
George Sotiropoulos Gold Parallel (Only Aussie fighter in the set)

Pack 12

Top 10 Fights Of 2008 - Griffin vs Jackson
Josh Koscheck Gold Parallel

Pack 13

Victorious Debuts - Dan Severn
Authentic Mat Relic - Wilson Gouveia

Pack 14

Mac Danzig Auto
Stephan Bonnar Silver Parallel #233/288

Pack 15

Authentic Mat Relic - CB Dollaway Gold Parallel #39/88

Pack 16

Fabricio Werdum Gold Parallel

Well, that concludes the break. Didnt do too badly, would have hoped for a different autograph except for a double :(

Will get some pics up soon.

Cheers all :thumbsup:

Nice break mate. Pulling the GSP, Rampage and Severn cards would make me happy. Can't wait for the scans:thumbsup:

Anything you don't want from this break would you be intertested in selling? I'm looking to collect UFC but don't want to import at this stage so i've been searching the last few weeks for an Australian seller but no luck yet.

LMK mate and thanks for sharing.

Nice break mate, i cant get over the price of these things on ebay. i really wanted to collect but trying to get a set together is gonna be bloody costly i think. I really didnt think they would be that popular

It's not unexpected. The sport is growing at a incredibly crazy rate and a series of cards for something like this is a fantastic idea. Demand + Popularity = Crazy prices. It would probably be best to wait a while but who knows if it'll die down, the sport is still rapidly growing.

I REALLY want to collect for this series but as everybody knows it'll be pricey, anybody looking to offload any cards LMK.

Finally got around to taking some pics, sorry for the bad quality....

SDC10486.jpg

SDC10486.jpg

Bdean - Yeah, the prices have gone up a long way since they first came out. I believe pre-order prices for a box were around $90US, however now the prices are $200+US. Im glad i got the boxes when i did.

Eido - Whether the prices die down or not, probably depends on if they release another set of these, which would be the smart thing to do :) As you said, demand and popularity equals alot of money for Topps.

Ive got a bunch of doubles from the set, if anyone is interested in them, LMK via the usual means :thumbsup:

i managed to get a sh1tload of stuff on ebay the first couple of days these cam out. i picked up a base set for $10, 4 autos, 3 match used gear cards, 10 matc relics and 2 gold mat relics. i didn't pay more than $5 a card, and some i got at 99c! I still have some stuff in transit, but since then i haven;t had much luck. As everyone has said, the prices have gone through the roof and i am not sure which sets i am going to be able to complete now. Hopefully prices will drop, as i would like to at least complete the sets i have started.

arent you missing a hit in the photos from the box? Wasnt it 6 Hits per Box?

Oh and im probably gonna do the same as Nyana and just buy anything i like off of Ebay.

i had already taken it the 6th hit off his hands, as it was double of the ben saunders auto he showed pic of in other thread

i swear more than half the box breaks ive read/seen have involved a ben saunders auto or relic card. its weird.

Back
Top Bottom