Topps Premier Gold 2014/15 info

Yeah, if your paying for cards now in USD converting from AUS then its going to hurt a lot more.

The Russians have got it worst at the moment their currency is plummeting against the USD.

However those who buy at the right time protected their money and made a nice return.

For example with the 1 USD = 70 Rubles
but back in June 1 USD = 35 Rubles

Using today's exchange rate for sale prices and June for buying prices, expected box break return (auto/memo cards only) from the following collections:

Panini Prizm World Cup
Expected Box Break Return today = $50 or Rubles 3,500 (50 * 70)
Price of Box today = $120 or Rubles 4,200 (120 * 35)

ROI: 3,500/4,200 = 83%

http://www.priceguide.cards/box-breaks?views=PWC14&rrp=4200&currency=RUB

Futera Unique 2014
Expected Box Break Return today = $365 or Rubles 25,550 (365 * 70)
Price of Box today = $299 or Rubles 10,465 (299 * 35)

ROI: 25,550/10,465 = 244%

http://www.priceguide.cards/box-breaks?views=FU14&rrp=10465&currency=RUB

Yes because this thread was about buying Panini Prizm world cup in Russian currency wasn't it!? :offtopic:

Yes because this thread was about buying Panini Prizm world cup in Russian currency wasn't it!? :offtopic:

OK i was just responding to comments made by @adi888 and @GiRDS- (Nice buy on the colombian national team polo shirts btw)... but back on topic,

I've changed the currencies AUD, and i've included in Topps Premier Gold 2013-14 as an example.

For example with the 1 USD = 1.22 AUD
but back in June 1 USD = 1.07 AUD

Using today's exchange rate for sale prices and June for buying prices, expected box break return (auto/memo cards only) from the following collections:

Topps Premier Gold 2013-14
Expected Box Break Return today = USD 139 or AUD 235.46 (139 * 1.22)
Price of Box (in June) = USD 200 or AUD 214 (200 * 1.07)
ROI: 235/214 = 110%

Panini Prizm World Cup
Expected Box Break Return today = USD 50 or AUD 61 (50 * 1.22)
Price of Box (in June) = $120 or AUD 128.4 (120 * 1.07)
ROI: 61/128.4 = 47.5%

Futera Unique 2014
Expected Box Break Return today = USD 365 or AUD 445 (365 * 1.22)
Price of Box (in June) = USD 299 or AUD 319.93 (299 * 1.07)
ROI: 445/299 = 148.8%

Unfortunately I have not added AUD as a currency on to the website yet :)

Last edited:
I see the DB10 redemption sold. I hope the winner doesn't get duped by topps? Strange that another /11 crowning achievement orange was in a pack. It's not Bergkamp but would you not assume it should be the same (redemption) across the board?

Any more news about a checklist of crowning achievement?

Last edited:
Anyone seen any Arsenal autos other than Ozil and the Bergkamp redemption? Haven't seen a Giroud, although he now has plenty of sticker autos in Match Attax...

Nothing as yet Luke, I have spoken to a few ppl looking for Giroud. Mind you I have only seen 1 Joe Hart auto and that was the black version /25 i believe which was at a VERY reasonable price $70usd bin compared to the general " Falcao who is he, oh he plays for man utd lets ask $100 for a base auto" I wish I collected lfc or arsenal cards as they seem far more reasonably priced. Haven't seen a gerrard auto yet either.

That crowning achievement set turned out to be disappointing. Clearly they gave up on chasing legends after DB10. Funny prices as well. There are a few bargains to be had but for the most part most are over priced in BIN.
For me this set is a flop, poor selection of autos, condition issues straight from pack and for me they look a bit average. The variants of the base cards look far better than those of the auto and jersey cards. Glad there is only one united player as I wouldn't want many of these in my pc. Also not a fan of falcao so I will happily wait for good deals. Pleasing for collectors of other clubs as I have said before there is something for most epl supporters and it was definitely designed for set collectors more than PC collectors.

@S_Milligan I don't get your math?

Topps Premier is $209.95USD which lands in australia @ $307.02AUD including $30us shipping, acutal conversion rate of $0.805 (all banks) and 3% credit card fee.

Even without shipping it's real conversion price is $268.63.

Where does the $214aud come from?

Topps Premier is $209.95USD which lands in australia @ $307.02AUD including $30us shipping, acutal conversion rate of $0.805 (all banks) and 3% credit card fee.

Lol .... why? It was probably a mix up with Rubles. Seems that buying from America via Russia is all the rage

I'm using the June exchange rate to demonstrate how much a box cost back when we were buying them.

Price of Topps Premier Gold 2013-14 ~ USD 200

June Rate USD/AUD = 1.07

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=AUD&view=1Y

200 * 1.07 = 214

These calculations are not inclusive of shipping & card fees.

@S_Milligan ah, sorry buddy.

It is important to note that banks always convert at 0.01 or 0.015 less than the XE rate.

I'm always blown away by what customers think they have paid for a US box because, frankly, we rarely do the "deep calculation" of our bank statement.

Topps won't supply us or allow our US distributor to supply us with it either, really frustrating as it won't be available here until months after as I'm lead to believe the local distributors ship product in :(

Agreed @cherrycollectables , I find it amazing that people buying from abroad don’t check what they are really paying, although on occasion, just like everyone else, I’d almost rather not know!

Back
Top Bottom