Topps at it's Finest

crackberry

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Minh
sorry if this has been covered before. but this just happened to me and i find it pretty funny.

i got this registered mail this morning - signed the pink slip, looked at the postage cost and thought awesome must be one of the higher end autos i bought off ebay :D

i ran inside and tore the envelope open and couldn't contain myself :woot: (image below)

granted the card is numbered 11/25 but geez i wouldn't think it was worth registered mail. unlike some unfortunate members who got absolutely jibbed by topps - in hindsight I now wished they couldn't fulfil this order and gave me a replacement since they think this card must be worth something :cool:

envelope up for sale/trade - start bid at $15US :wave:

scan0029.jpg

Whats funnier is that even if you have 20 topps redemptions, they send them all individually like yours at $11 + a pop.

I think it was bargey had HEAPS of them sent a few years back the same way.

Same here, all 07/08 Finest redemptions.

I'll start the bidding on the envelope... $11.99 USD :)

lol i've noticed this myself. I've had 3 arrive from them the same day, 2 in my mailbox then i've had to got to the post office to pick what i thought was something valuable nd it turns out to be another topps redemption that really didn't need to be sent registered.

Maybe the whole replacement card at equal value includes the postage, that would explain the Spud's and Thomas's

Hi,

It's a nice card due to the fact that it's sequentially numbered to only /15. And a valid point made by Verse1 about Topps making up the value for the redemption by using $15US in Registered Post costs, LOL.

I know that Upper Deck will be finishing up on producing NBA licenced cards as of next season, but is this also happening to Topps? Any help would be appreciated but it's not really important.

Thanks

And is it a plain envelope? No padding? At least they could invest a little on that?

sick mate thats a great looking envelope, nice brown colour, good placing on the stamps...topps really outdid themselves on that envelope, such an amazing piece of postage paraphernalia

Back
Top Bottom