The road to season 2015

Brad Sewell's future in serious doubt after not being offered a new contract by Hawthorn. At this stage it is unlikely that Sewell will leave the club to play for an extra year or so.
I would love for melbourne to offer him a year on our list he could teach our kids a lot

I would love for melbourne to offer him a year on our list he could teach our kids a lot
He still has it as an inside mid.
Would be a great asset to have at a club for a year or two as a playing coach.
Like GWS did with Cornes and Brogan.
Then move into a full time coaching position

Brad Sewell has officially announced his retirement after playing 200 games and winning two premierships at Hawthorn.
I am lucky enough to own one of Brad Sewell's guernseys - from 2010 vs Richmond. One of my most prized possessions. I adore Sewelly, he has been a Hawthorn great. Truth be told, it was always going to be tough for him to command a regular spot in the Hawthorn midfield next year as the likes of Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne and Hodge - despite being prolific - are not blessed with pace and the likes of Langford, Hill, Rioli and Smith provide that pace.

Day 7 (~179 days to go)

A sad day for many Hawks supporters, with Brad Sewell announcing his retirement. At his best was one of the best inside midfielders, however with many young guns coming into the Hawks side, someone had to make way and in the end it was Sewell. But he had a fine career! Also making the headlines today was a Heritier Lumumba's bizarre speech at Collingwood's B&F night. It was awkward enough having him speak after leaving the club, but it must have been extremely weird listening to that. No free agency moves today, wonder how many more there will be.

Day 8 (~178 days to go)

Today there was heaps of free agency activity...(note the sarcasm). In fact was there anything interesting today? I should mention Jordan Lewis' B&F win last night, decent effort in a premiership team! Tomorrow's release of Future Force will heighten our knowledge of the possible recruits at the Draft in late November, good luck everyone with your busts!

Phill Walsh is expected to be named as Adelaides new coach within the next few days I have heard from a few people.
With Riccutoo being one major factor

James Frawley is officially a Hawthorn player. No offence to "Chip" personally but I'm not as excited as others about this. Melbourne have done nothing of note during his eight year career with them (last finals appearance was 2006) so as I wrote earlier, he will be no automatic selection in Hawthorn's team next season and will have to work extremely hard. There is a bit of a stigma attached to some players because of the club they come from although I guess Brian Lake is an example of a player who can become very influential in the right set-up.

A lot of trade action expected today! In Father-Son recruiting news, Collingwood have picked up Darcy Moore (son of Peter Moore), Melbourne have picked up Billy Stretch (son of Steven Stretch) and the Western Bulldogs have picked up Zaine Cordy (son of Brian Cordy).

James Frawley is officially a Hawthorn player. No offence to "Chip" personally but I'm not as excited as others about this. Melbourne have done nothing of note during his eight year career with them (last finals appearance was 2006) so as I wrote earlier, he will be no automatic selection in Hawthorn's team next season and will have to work extremely hard. There is a bit of a stigma attached to some players because of the club they come from although I guess Brian Lake is an example of a player who can become very influential in the right set-up.

A lot of trade action expected today! In Father-Son recruiting news, Collingwood have picked up Darcy Moore (son of Peter Moore), Melbourne have picked up Billy Stretch (son of Steven Stretch) and the Western Bulldogs have picked up Zaine Cordy (son of Brian Cordy).
Not sure if it's confirmed yet but Eagles have committed to picking up Alec Waterman (son of Chris Waterman).

Yeah Mark Robinson is starting to grind my gears. His constant shrining of Hird is so blatantly obvious as his latest piece pretty much tried to deflect all blame, if Hird's sacked, onto the club, Thompson and the AFL.

Hird still Essendon's coach for another day.

Chairman Paul Little, in a statement issued by the club, said the board resolved to retain its existing football structure "in the immediate term".

Little said there were several complex matters of significance currently in progress, including Hird's Federal Court appeal and the expected re-issuing of show-cause notices by ASADA.

"As such, the Board believes it would be potentially reckless to make any decisions of significance until there is further clarity on these crucial matters," Little said.

"The Board recognises the rights of James to pursue his appeal of the recent Federal Court decision.

"James remains senior coach of the Essendon Football Club and will work closely with other members of the Football Department during this particularly important trade and planning period in preparation for the 2015 season.

"The Board has set no timeframe on further considering these matters, however, will monitor developments as they occur."

Yep, it would have been suicide to sack him before the appeal hearing in the Federal Court. What an appalling, irresponsible, agenda-driven, deceit-filled mess this whole thing has become. ASADA, the former Federal Government, the AFL and the Essendon Football Club are neither trustworthy or blameless for what has now been one and a half years of propaganda, lies and cover-ups.

Gold Coast have snagged Malceski, guessing on the 3 year deal that was widely reported earlier.

And apparently Nathan Bock has taken the coaching job at Southport Sharks, with Josh Hunt to be a playing assistant coach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom