The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Well have a sorta of shock loss to the Ponys....We got back to Business against the Hawks if it wasnt for Joe Johnsons 17PT 1ST QTR HAwks wouldnt have been in it, But to the boys credit we came out after the half and played like we should dominating O and D.....Bynum has been looking good so far and can only get better Crazy Ron had a decent as did LO....Well and Kobe was just nuts.......Hoping to get Pau back soon....Here are some of the highlights for those who missed it..

53 minutes of game time and only 6 bench pts? Whats with the starters having having to play so much time to put away OKC?

Backing it up in Houston tomorrow PJ obviously isn't worried about the Rockets and fatigue.

---------- Post added 04-11-2009 at 07:16 PM ----------

53 minutes of game time and only 6 bench pts? Whats with the starters having having to play so much time to put away OKC?

Backing it up in Houston tomorrow PJ obviously isn't worried about the Rockets and fatigue.

---------- Post added 04-11-2009 at 07:16 PM ----------

2009/10 season troll posts #1 and #2. :lol:

ARTEST!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

A little clutch once again just for the Houston Fans! :kick:

---------- Post added 05-11-2009 at 02:59 PM ----------

And Ariza comes straight back....

Not quite unfortunatly because i have Bynum and Brooks in my fantasy teams :)

Rockets don't roll over for anyone this season despite their depleted roster. Showing a lot of heart.

Anyone watch the game? Whats with Fisher and his production? 35 minutes for 0 pts, o ass, 0 rebounds and only taking 5 shots? Purely defensive?

Anyone watch the game? Whats with Fisher and his production? 35 minutes for 0 pts, o ass, 0 rebounds and only taking 5 shots? Purely defensive?

Yeah pretty much, i think Farmar is more offensively minded and thats not really what we need. Fish is more than happy to step in and take the hits to force a TO as he done a couple of times today against Scola. His D and leadership keeps him on the floor i think.

On a side note, i know its early but u can really see that not Gasol is really hurting us atm. Its nice to have LO starting but it really leaves not that much for the second unit forcing the starters to play bigger minutes. When u have something like whats just happened (2 road games in 2 days and 2 OTS) that will hurt and when cant keep it up as we arent a young team. Gasol is ment to be back within a week, i sure hope so.

I only caught the last quarter and OT. He's not exactly an offensive powerhouse or even a dime dropper in the Lakers system but he does stuff like this when called upon and that's why we love him... ;)

[Youtube]RodiAAns6Jk[/youtube]

[Youtube]_TkOyTDPmGY[/youtube]

Can anybody tell me what the hell my boy DJ is saying here? :lol:

[youtube]EtbBokX37eA&feature=sub[/youtube]

I dunno but I heard he got his first career double double today with the absence of Bynum and Pau, apparently had 5 blocks to boot. :)

Looking forward to catching the replay sometime tonight.

Fisher only playing for his defence? :lol::D That is gold...you could take that material on the road. :thumbsup:

The anti guard does draw the odd charge or two, but he is the Lakers biggest defensive liability. Fisher is an enigma wrapped up in a riddle...he is too slow, doesn't distribute as he should, and isn't an offensive threat...then he hits the big shot with no time on the clock to win the game (a 'regular' occurrence).

Won't say I love the guy, but if we need a game winner no one is better (including Kobe)...might make an exception for Big Shot Bob!

Well guys we havnt had a post for 3 WKS, its time to kick start this thread back......
7 STRAIGHT W'S!!!!!

Here is a look at our next few Games..With all of them possible Wins also...Y=The danger games are Miami and the Jazz but i think we should be ok over the next few weeks....
VS Heat
VS Suns
VS Jazz
VS T-Wolves
@ Jazz
@ Bulls
@ Bucks
@ Nets

My only concern and its only a small one is our bench play of recent everytime they are in they let large leads dwindle down....
But other than that the Lake Show is rolling on....Oz, Chaddy, Allstarcards your thoughts??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well guys we havnt had a post for 3 WKS, its time to kick start this thread back......
7 STRAIGHT W'S!!!!!

Here is a look at our next few Games..With all of them possible Wins also...Y=The danger games are Miami and the Jazz but i think we should be ok over the next few weeks....
VS Heat
VS Suns
VS Jazz
VS T-Wolves
@ Jazz
@ Bulls
@ Bucks
@ Nets

My only concern and its only a small one is our bench play of recent everytime they are in they let large leads dwindle down....
But other than that the Lake Show is rolling on....Oz, Chaddy, Allstarcards your thoughts??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, 7 wins and coasting, loving it right now. Since we've had Pau back I think we're avaraging at least 10 point margins in all our wins, good to see the starters sitting it out at the end on the bench, you know they've done their job. Oh, and we've just taken #1 seed in the west aswell!

I don't want to jinx us, but I'm feeling pretty good about alot of those match ups. the Suns and the Jazz games could test us but I'm really not phased, take them as they come and keep doing what they're doing.

One thing I'm loving is the emergence of big Drew this season. 18ppg and 10rpg with a couple blocks, great to get some consistency from the big guy and he's playing with alot of confidence right now. Is he living up to his potential yet? ;)

On the lead blowing side of things, I'm really not concerned there. Sasha has been sucking it up, Walton is out, the more these guys get to blow large leads where we still win by 8+, the less the starters have to grind it out in basket for basket games. We're doing alright at the moment and the second team will get there.

VS Heat
VS Suns
VS Jazz
VS T-Wolves
@ Jazz
@ Bulls
@ Bucks
@ Nets

I think we'll be right today. Miami coming off a back to back straight from Denver and sucking it up big time there, while we're playing well rested.

They did well covering Wade and not letting him get a rhythm.

Expect this one put away early. ;)

Tip off in just under 2 hours...

---------- Post added 05-12-2009 at 03:56 PM ----------

Unbeleivable... Trying to do the right thing with my NBA LP Subscription but the Lakers//Heat channel is 'Not broadcasting at this time'. :mad:

It's been great so far this season but i'm starting to wonder why I didn't just stay with 'Alternate Sources' that seem more reliable... :whistle:

---------- Post added 05-12-2009 at 05:32 PM ----------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone see that????????????????????? :woot::woot:

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

MVP - MVP - MVP - MVP - MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha Lakers were lucky in that one. I thought the Lakers would have won that one easily due to Miami's the big loss in Denver and the back to back nights, they fought back late and almost had the Lakers.

In the end all there is to say is Kobe is a beast!

Yes the Lakers were VERY lucky to pull that 1 out. 2 things that helped the heat was the fact that Kobe picked up the 2 early fouls so he didnt get us off to a flyer and 2 Odom getting ejected.

They still should have won but they couldnt hit their free throws (fatigue maybe) but in the end the Fish hits yet another big 3 and then up steps "MR. 4th Quarter aka the Closer" and iced it.

Back
Top Bottom