The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

did i say 20pt wins........

Whoops nearly 30 points off! LMAO Easy money today on the ridiculous line of 12.5pts.

The Truth had 18 points in the first quarter today against the Heat, I thought he was going to have a huge game. And Boston had an almost 30 pt lead at one stage. I really thought Miami was going to cut it a bit closer but the Celtics held on, 95-85 and improved to a (still) league best 13-2.

This was the first time I'd watched the Celtics play this season and with all this talk about Rondo, I think he's pretty good considering the situation he's in and the pressure to deal with 3 all-stars on his team. He had 5 steals, 6 assists and was 100% from the floor (1-1 :rolleyes:) but he's got a sweet knack of penetrating and having the luxury of throwing out to Pierce or Garnett.

I've fallen behind on the C's games now I'm back in Oz, but they seem to be doing well without me! lol. Continuing to go strong which is good.

I FINALLY got to see the C's play the other day - I caught the 2nd half of the Heat game. Coupla observations.

Rondo drove me nuts!!!! Goes all the way to the hole and instead of dunking (which he can do) or laying it up - he kicked it out every time!!! FINISH STRONG!! They started picking off his passes cos they knew he would dish...he needs to mix it up

It also drove me nuts again how Pierce and Allen who missed a combined 21 shots in a row, kept shooting - KG would set a pick to get one of them open - usually Pierce. KG had Shaq marking him!!! Go to the rack KG!! I just wish he was a bit more aggressive. Allen and Pierce weren't hitting and they needed to try something else. KG was hitting open jumpers until the 4th and then stopped shooting them and just passed....

Having said that, Pierce was going to the hole and eventually the free throws got them home...

Loved watching them play.

Rondo, Posey and everyone was helping on the boards which was great as KG was holding Shaq off!!!

14-2!! Can't complain....(although I just have been!!)

Yeah, I agree though, from some of the games so far, they have done things on the offensive end that didn't make complete sense. With so much offense though, it usually works it's way out anyway. Rondo will get better (hopefully) at all those other things. One main point you hit on is him not finishing aggressive enough. Often he misses the shot on a fast break or is too worried about passing the ball than finishing and it creates the turnover anyway.

No such thing really. Good teams close games and philly are already saying that same thing. They didn't close and boston's reserves stood up and made the plays when they counted. One would call that clutch.

I seriously need broadband again. This sucks big time.
Anyway,
17 - 2 now after a road win against the Bulls. Still the best record in the league. Could easily have been flawless still. There's still work to be done before some big showdowns in the West.

Boston's only other 20-2 start came en route to the 1963-64 NBA championship.
:D

No Ray tonight again and the C's in cruise mode like most of the season so far. REally starting to look after the ball now and correct the TO column that was a problem before. Solid road win and back to home for another two after this :v:

I get on and wait 10 minutes to see the results, but it's worth it lol! An amazing 20 - 2. We're winning the games we should be winning. They all add up. It allows us some testing when we meet some of these West teams coming up. These games won't be so crucial initially now. It will be more of testing the waters to see how we can compete with them and win against them.

I think it's been an excellent start!!! Rondo playing better and better. KG's numbers are way down but he's also getting well rested and shooting about 56% from the floor. Pierce playing great.....

Good to see Baby Davis and Tony Allen doing the business too - House, Posey adding punch from the bench - Not just a 3 headed monster anymore - would be intersted to know where the celts rank in bench production cos they often give us a spark....

Well the C's go down today - saw none of it but a disappointing loss. Looks like Allen went from hero with a steal with 5 secs left - to villain with a foul with 0.1 left!!!

Also a bit disappointing to see, with a whole 5 seconds left the best we could do was a 16 footer from Pierce who was 5-15 for the game. Allen and KG both had great nights, thought Doc mighta drawn up a play for either of them....then again he may have - u never know....

Not bad performance from Allen, considering it's his first back since his ankle.

Glad KG had a good game for a while, hasnt done that since the opening games.

And it was Tony Allen's fault not Ray's ;-)

Championships are won or lost in December so I hope they at least learn from today and move on.

I meant tony sorry!!! And KG hasn't had a good game?? I'll beg to differ on that, numbers have been down though.....

Back
Top Bottom