The Logoman Is Officially DEAD

Just another BS thing Panini is doing. The sooner they are out, the better!

Atleast more people can now afford the logoman! Just like the way they have been putting those Kobe autos in boxes lately. :)

Everybody doesn't have to have everything - sure it'd be nice if everyone could have a logoman, but as someone else said you appreciate it a lot more if they aren't overproduced and you saved up a long time to get one. Some things have to be more exclusive than others, otherwise when looking through your cards you don't get much of the "in awe" moments.

So i guess i am the only one who thinks this card is cool? I'm happy if that is the case!:kick:

$(KGrHqR,!g4E5oU0,RRJBOcWnCPy)!~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqF,!lsE5ZVn7fVBBOcWnDTqrg~~60_3.JPG

Cheers
Matt

It WOULD be cool if they were real!

Its those in the hobby that speculate, bust wax to flip that are more worried than anything else.

Sorry, don't agree with that at all. Whilst they may worry too, as you can see from this thread pretty much everyone else is too.

Didn't Upper Deck create the fake Letterman, fake Autograph, fake neck patches, fake 1 auto patch per box ratio, fake Jordan rc?

I think they also pay Jordan & Lebron in fake dollars which is why the two are so pot committed to staying.

I mean I have 0809 Ultimate coming in where customers for $250 might be lucky enough to pull a plain jersey card numbered to /199...

Agree with Slobby, the Logoman was perhaps the last holy grail - but only becuase it was the one thing UD hadn't 'had it's way with yet'.

Anyway, I think every Panini release this year has been worse than the 09/10 releases (rookies aside) except Classics & Gold Standard which have been terrific value!

Didn't Upper Deck create the fake Letterman, fake Autograph, fake neck patches, fake 1 auto patch per box ratio, fake Jordan rc?

Yes they did. I've pretty much always hated lettermen cause they're fake.... frankly I dislike all manufactured stuff. The thing is though the Logomen were the holy grail of collecting and now they have gone and ruined it...... UD started it with numbering logoman out of 10+ when they were clearing their cupboards and then Panini came along and basically said "Pffft...... we can do better than that at destroying the exhilaration you get when you pull a logoman" and hence the fake logomen were born.

As a logoman collector I thought I might add a few comments

I do not think this will affect the value of the logoman/men cards from upper deck's past releases, personally I think it will drive up prices. As upper deck are no longer in business and the true 1/1 logoman will show its real worth one day just as the precious metal green gems.

It is up to the collectors in the hobby to understand the rarity of the cards which may not be until 20 years after the original releases.

As for these logomen cards inserted into the Panini Elite Black product I think Panini may have actually seen some maildays from sites showing collectors creating there own cards and sending these in for the players to autograph (TTM). Which may have lead to them thinking "oh we can do that for you and then charge you $250 a box".

I do not think Panini should be charging anywhere near that price for the box of Elite Black, I do agree with Matt I like the design and agree that some of those cards would be very nice additions to some kids PC's (buy buying singles) because they cannot purchased the high end logoman 1/1 cards.

As I said it is up to you the collectors in the hobby not to devalue the original 1/1 logomans from past releases trying to pick them up for 99 cents on ebay auctions and understanding the rarity.

As a logoman collector I thought I might add a few comments

I do not think this will affect the value of the logoman/men cards from upper deck's past releases, personally I think it will drive up prices. As upper deck are no longer in business and the true 1/1 logoman will show its real worth one day just as the precious metal green gems.

It is up to the collectors in the hobby to understand the rarity of the cards which may not be until 20 years after the original releases.

As for these logomen cards inserted into the Panini Elite Black product I think Panini may have actually seen some maildays from sites showing collectors creating there own cards and sending these in for the players to autograph (TTM). Which may have lead to them thinking "oh we can do that for you and then charge you $250 a box".

I do not think Panini should be charging anywhere near that price for the box of Elite Black, I do agree with Matt I like the design and agree that some of those cards would be very nice additions to some kids PC's (buy buying singles) because they cannot purchased the high end logoman 1/1 cards.

As I said it is up to you the collectors in the hobby not to devalue the original 1/1 logomans from past releases trying to pick them up for 99 cents on ebay auctions and understanding the rarity.
Exaclty what i would have said had i been eloquent enough.

That logic sounds great and I do agree, but it hasn't worked in the past when cards have evolved, so why would it this time...

Nothing beats the original :thumbsup: many collectors are turning away from Panini due to their poor designs and questionable ideas to sell their products (such as these manufacturing Logomen). Many have high expectation when Panini came into NBA cards hoping they will be more creative and innovative items than UD products. It turns out Panini is dishing out same lame effort such as millions of stickers auto and now this manufacturing jersey/ patch / Logomen.

I think Panini must have contributed to the increasing 90's inserts craze where collectors are paying top dollar for design originality and arguably much better looking cards to collect.

I personally like a lot of the manufactured patches on cards. i believe they serve a purpose and offer a whole new range of cards and possibilities. I think Panini's real problem is their lack of disclosure over what is real and what is fake. That comes from incorrectly stating where the game used part came from. Being guaranteed says nothing. They should state what team it was from, even what season it was worn in. I think it is the lack of detail that is hurting them.
I think what is annoying most people on here is the fact that they are doing this in a "high-end" product. To me that makes sense, when you sell cards for the upper end price bracket, by charging $250 for a pack of 8 cards that comes with certain expectations. If that pack is sold for $80-$100 then most people probably wouldn't have a problem. You charge high end prices people expect high end product.
In saying that people have short memories. There has been lots of Upper Deck junk over the years where they charge huge prices for effectivly a product full of ordinary GU and autos of 2nd round rookies.
I personally think upper deck has been caught in the middle of markets and confusing them and forgetting/or just getting wrong which markets some of their products should be aimed at (particually from a price point of view). If you sell a box for $100 and has 36 packs then collectors shouldn't expect super patches and on-card auto's. However if you sell cards like Elite Black for effectivly $30-35 a card (8 by $250 approx) then the buyers of those pack/boxes have expectations. Perhaps it is a case of an OK concept, just the wrong product to place them in.

I'm sure everyone knows that a real logoman card will still hold it's value and collector's will still appreciate a real logoman just like an on card auto compared to a sticker auto, people will always appreciate a nice on card auto compared to a sticker and this will be the same for logoman cards. It's true that your not going to be impressed when you see a pc loaded with these cards but should we really be concerned about what others think about our cards?

This does allow the other collector's without the deep pockets to have one even if it is a cheap manufactured version, not everyone needs one but It would be safe to say that the majority of collector's will want one, as long as that person likes the card who really cares what other people think.

Panini should at least disclose what is real and what is not and at least give something back worthwhile.:v:

Back
Top Bottom