The Logoman Is Officially DEAD

So i guess i am the only one who thinks this card is cool? I'm happy if that is the case!:kick:

$(KGrHqR,!g4E5oU0,RRJBOcWnCPy)!~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqF,!lsE5ZVn7fVBBOcWnDTqrg~~60_3.JPG

Cheers
Matt

How can it be passing the torch when Seattle aren't even around? I don't think Kemp would like that card.

How can it be passing the torch when Seattle aren't even around? I don't think Kemp would like that card.

I think Kemp is more worried about feeding his 25 kids to worry about what cards he is appearing on! LOL

Personally I don't like Elite Black, but I also hate a number of Upper Deck products AND have always thought NFL & NHL do cards better than NBA... so, is it all Panini's fault, hmm some is.

Manufactured Logomen - as soon as I saw that on the sell sheet I halved my order... FACT.

I must say though I have ordered old Upper Deck 07/08 to 03/04 for customers by the case, customer certain they LOVE Upper Deck and they have come back every time with - "I had so much more fun busting the newer Panini stuff. Unless they hit a Jordan... lol

Anyway, Elite Black could've been awesome, but alas its not my kettle of fish.

you seem to like anything they bring out tho...?

Probably just as much as you hate everything that Panini brings out.

As someone who buys single cards of my PC players, if i like the look of the card, ill go for it simple as that! There are quite a few Panini cards that I have passed on because I dont necessarily like the look of them, same with Upperdeck/Topps etc. But there are also quite a few I like and have bought.

Probably just as much as you hate everything that Panini brings out.

As someone who buys single cards of my PC players, if i like the look of the card, ill go for it simple as that! There are quite a few Panini cards that I have passed on because I dont necessarily like the look of them, same with Upperdeck/Topps etc. But there are also quite a few I like and have bought.

:D yeah, good call...

People are missing the point, the cards LOOK amazing but when you saw a logoman in a pc u appreciated the time/effort/money spent to get it what panini have done has taken away that exclusive/elite status/admiration the logoman brought...now u see those in a pc u wont care. It's a pathetic idea as mentioned I liked the idea of the manufactured logos where it was shown on the card with a big swatch of material that was signed now they have purposely made the fakes look like the real

Slobby wasnt that once the case with autographs cards (pre 96-97), then it happened to game used cards (98-99), then patch cards (not sure when), then lettermen (08-09 probably) now logoman. It is just what happens and will continue to happen. All those types of cards at one point were rare and exclusive and over time and mass production slowly worked their way down to just another card. There will be another new great type of card (probably the video card) where the same process will start again.

I know trading cards need to evolve everything u mentioned is a valid point HOWEVER panin have faked the logoman they haven't just overproduced too many autos too many game used etc they have decided that everyone needs a logoman, they don't!

Coming back to the hobby I marvelled at logomans. They had an air of complete awesomeness to them and I had previously made myself at peace with the fact that I would never own one, especially not one of my PC players (this is before I started collecting Flynn too, smart asses). Now it seems very likely and even probable that I will be able to own one, and I'm not one bit happy about that, not even a little.

Coming back to the hobby I marvelled at logomans. They had an air of complete awesomeness to them and I had previously made myself at peace with the fact that I would never own one, especially not one of my PC players (this is before I started collecting Flynn too, smart asses). Now it seems very likely and even probable that I will be able to own one, and I'm not one bit happy about that, not even a little.

the other point to that is that you wont actually be owning one. youll have a cheap imitation...

I think manufactured logomans, logo patches like flags, trophys and even event worn GU are all the same. They are all cheap ways of passing off what some might actually think came from a game worn jersey. All RPA are like that as well. They put on a jersey and take it off making it an official "worn" jersey.

To that extent, does it really make a difference if it was worn or not? I mean an event worn was put on for seconds before taken off. How is that anywhere close to game used / worn? And even if its authentic game worn, is the authentication true? There have been so many suspect cases of authtication. Really, it just a witness who basically says "Yea its game worn, ill verify it".

I agree with Hawksforver. OVer time everything gets overproduced / watered down. It was just a matter of time before patches and logomen went down the same road. Jersey cards in 97 were 1:2500 packs. Today they are 4:1 packs lol. Autos followed the same road. So did numbered inserts and parallels. This is what demand creates.

I know this is going to sound funny but its truly becoming a "True collectors" hobby again. Whereby those who collect for the sake of following a player and collecting are getting various types of cards at affordable prices which they never could add to their collection for variety before. Its those in the hobby that speculate, bust wax to flip that are more worried than anything else.

The real logoman still gonna hold their value, the manufacture logoman just gonna pleasure those who cannot afford a real one or cannot find a real one.
As OP said, the problem is not really about manufactured logoman, the issue is they don't state these are manufactured and sell at $250 per pack.

Back
Top Bottom