The general ebay/fb thread

1679452916864.png

We getting card Authenticity Guarantee program soon?

Who is going to assess the cards in Australia?

1679452916864.png

We getting card Authenticity Guarantee program soon?

Who is going to assess the cards in Australia?
It's already rolled out in North America. Saw a person post a card from eBay the other day in a group I'm in that came in a box with an authenticity thing on the back.

It's already rolled out in North America. Saw a person post a card from eBay the other day in a group I'm in that came in a box with an authenticity thing on the back.
Yeah i have been buying through the guarantee for about 12+ months. Works well, but a bit tedious

Yeah i have been buying through the guarantee for about 12+ months. Works well, but a bit tedious
I dislike that for cards going to authentication from a seller in a one-touch, are authenticated and forwarded on to buyer in a card saver. If I'm dropping good coin on a card, having it sit in a card saver is shitty.

I dislike that for cards going to authentication from a seller in a one-touch, are authenticated and forwarded on to buyer in a card saver. If I'm dropping good coin on a card, having it sit in a card saver is shitty.
Didn't happen to me.

All my one touches were received

So i am in the midst of an non-paying buyer.

I sent the invoice the day after I accepted the offers for the cards, and stupidly sent another invoice as a reminder last night.

Just be aware that if you want to cancel the sale and strike the buyer, if you send another invoice, the 4 calendar days you have to wait to cancel gets reset and you must wait again.

So I have to wait another 4 days to cancel and strike this buyer.

Also, I never knew Ebay handled this automatically, and you can update the settings to handle it for you after a set amount of time:

• Automatically Cancel
  • 4 Days to pay (that's fair)
  • Automatically Relist
  • Block them once it's over

1688097199128.png

I never knew about the sending invoice resetting the 4-day timer. I do all my unpaid cancellations manually - some people I'll give 7 days if they've bought a bunch of stuff, others you just know right away that they're not gonna pay so once it hits 4 days - gone. I also don't set any buyer filters since someone not paying someone else doesn't mean they won't pay me, but EVERYBODY goes on the block list once they don't pay.

I never knew about the sending invoice resetting the 4-day timer. I do all my unpaid cancellations manually - some people I'll give 7 days if they've bought a bunch of stuff, others you just know right away that they're not gonna pay so once it hits 4 days - gone. I also don't set any buyer filters since someone not paying someone else doesn't mean they won't pay me, but EVERYBODY goes on the block list once they don't pay.
This is the first non payer I've had with the filters on strong. Funny enough he got a negative positive just before I accepted. I would have declined and blocked him before.

I always check their feedback before accepting offers but not for low end stuff :(

Yep, after the next 4 days elapsed, got the option to cancel due to Buyer hasn't paid.

1688355767154.png

Old mate has set up another account or used another throwaway account to put offers on the same cards he just didn't pay for.

Blocked

Have had a big eBay purchase PC card 'missent' by USPS and not update tracking for 2 weeks now. Everything I can find says 'missent' usually delays a day or two.

Hopefully an enquiry from the seller gives it a kick-start again :lol:

Have had a big eBay purchase PC card 'missent' by USPS and not update tracking for 2 weeks now. Everything I can find says 'missent' usually delays a day or two.

Hopefully an enquiry from the seller gives it a kick-start again :lol:
Well you are safe as houses. I had a missent one from Canada to Oregon that was only delayed a day

Back
Top Bottom