The general ebay/fb thread

I don't know this is common, but I've had a high number of offers on my BIN/BO listings, and when I counter I'm not getting any response. It's not something that bothers me as it's usually just people offering less than 50% of the cards buy value, but I generally respond with a fairly reasonable offer to the seller. I don't get responses or even declined offer, they just seem to sit there until they expire 48hours later. I just find it odd as I don't tend to make an offer on a card unless I am actually interested and I either accept a counter or decline and move on. Part of me is guessing it must just be people who send a lot of lowball offers just to see if any sellers bit and accept.

Always nice getting some prick to request you cancel their bid near the end of the auction. Just another addition to the block list

I don't know this is common, but I've had a high number of offers on my BIN/BO listings, and when I counter I'm not getting any response. It's not something that bothers me as it's usually just people offering less than 50% of the cards buy value, but I generally respond with a fairly reasonable offer to the seller. I don't get responses or even declined offer, they just seem to sit there until they expire 48hours later. I just find it odd as I don't tend to make an offer on a card unless I am actually interested and I either accept a counter or decline and move on. Part of me is guessing it must just be people who send a lot of lowball offers just to see if any sellers bit and accept.

I usually just get lowballs that counter my counter with an equally crap offer.

Haven't had any radio silence.

$2000 near, for a box of 2010 Panini world cup premium and it came with no more than a strip of card board around it. From Melbourne.
It was like a sleeve the cardboard and it fell straight out when I opened the roughly treated parcel with no padding..
Feedback was huge five figures and a power seller..... pfffff... power puff more like it...
But you just know that deep down they do not care for cards or they just don't understand that cardboard bends and cardboard is well' CARDBOARD ... buggers, snaps me that does// Perhaps I am bit a bit harsh people but..
Too rough with the cards these people these days...way to rough... That the mistake Playing cards and Trading cards,, massive difference..
thanks for listening
Have a good night all.. Enough bitching from me...
Baggza..

Latest Ebay drama is someone who made an offer on an item which I accepted, and THEN decides to ask questions about the item's condition.

Immediately got red flags that I was dealing with a Gem Miner, but answered their questions and they paid for the item (type of card that is very prone to having weird surface issues, which I explained before they paid).

Now they've told me they've received it and after I'd told them it was "perfect" (which I never did - since I specifically mentioned the surface issues), have found said surface issues and now making out like I lied to them, and this is the exact reason they asked questions in the first place.

Told them if they're unhappy then send it back and I'll refund. Crickets.

UPDATE: buyer has put in a return request.

Moral of the story - I should have listened to my gut and cancelled their order at the first sign of red flags :crazy:

Last edited:
What do you guys make of these bidding patterns?
Screenshot_20211002-161708_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-161650_eBay.jpg

And this one from the same seller
Screenshot_20211002-162114_eBay.jpg

Hi guys

Just bought this off the bay...

Can any of you tell me anything about this? I haven't been able to find any information about it through google searches myself. It's obviously a re-pack of some sort.

Screenshot_20211005-100736_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I have been seeing those same patterns since ebay first existed...
There is something fishy about it.. No question..
bay is good but it is far far from great...

I am getting over lowball offers on ebay. I admit it's largely my fault for not previously setting strict parameters on my listings, but this was because I was happy to accept a low offer or give someone a good deal if they were making multiple purchases, but with doing this I've found I've opened myself up to lowballers like crazy.

I list my prices generally at or above market value knowing fair well I'm going to get a BO that's less than what I'm asking, and I don't mind that as I'm not here to make a killing and I'm pretty happy to move stuff at this stage.

I had one guy I've had to block because he kept offering me like 20% of market value on cards which are pretty easy to move. After denying them all he decided to message me on every listing saying 'whats your lowest $?'. Now I will happily work with someone if they are interested in multiple items, but the lack of tact/courtesy people have is somewhat disheartening.

I had started selling as a means to thin out what I felt was becoming more of a hoard of a collection, but the more I sell, the more I don't want to sell, but at this point I'm looking to move basically everything that isn't part of my core PC.

Sorry for the rant guys!

I haven't been getting many offers because I don't want to sell anything I like!

I get the occasional one on my cheapies, but nothing to really worry about.

I've received a lot of decent offers as well which I am happy about, but the 40% of bidders trying to get a $80 card for $20 has felt super common lately. I also just had a message that rubbed me the wrong way which was the catalyst for my rant just now.

I don't want to be too negative as I have still had a lot of good transactions, it's just I would never want to insult someone with a low offer so I find it somewhat perturbing that I've received so many lately.

I've been a lot of decent offers as well which I am happy with, but the 50% of people trying to get a $80 card for $20 has been super common lately, and I just a message that rubbed me the wrong way which lead to my rant. I don't likely to be too negative as I have still had a lot of good transactions, it's just I would never want to insult someone with a low offer so I find it somewhat perturbing that I've received so many lately.

I have sold two through offers this week. Nothing major at about 50-70% off what I had it set for (happy to move it on), but there only has been a couple of occasions where a ridiculous offer would come through.

Good tell tale sign is when you counter, they just leave it the same or go up a small amount. I just walk away from those.

I imagine the bigger cards would be a nightmare to sell.

I have been seeing those same patterns since ebay first existed...
There is something fishy about it.. No question..
bay is good but it is far far from great...
agreed, alot/most times its pretty sketchy, signalling shill bidding. but to be fair, this is also a common/popular bidding 'style' for people who dont want to make a decision on their final bid...
i know a few people that bid like this (my dad for one), and they are not trying anything dodgy. they think they can get it cheaper somehow...unfortunately, no amount of reasoning can persuade them that their way is pointless.

I am getting over lowball offers on ebay. I admit it's largely my fault for not previously setting strict parameters on my listings, but this was because I was happy to accept a low offer or give someone a good deal if they were making multiple purchases, but with doing this I've found I've opened myself up to lowballers like crazy.

I list my prices generally at or above market value knowing fair well I'm going to get a BO that's less than what I'm asking, and I don't mind that as I'm not here to make a killing and I'm pretty happy to move stuff at this stage.

I had one guy I've had to block because he kept offering me like 20% of market value on cards which are pretty easy to move. After denying them all he decided to message me on every listing saying 'whats your lowest $?'. Now I will happily work with someone if they are interested in multiple items, but the lack of tact/courtesy people have is somewhat disheartening.

I had started selling as a means to thin out what I felt was becoming more of a hoard of a collection, but the more I sell, the more I don't want to sell, but at this point I'm looking to move basically everything that isn't part of my core PC.

Sorry for the rant guys!

Are you me? This is my experience exactly, reasoning and all. There's always been lowballs, but it's unreal these days.

I do the same - set prices a bit high, so a lowball offer is actually closer to what I'll sell for anyway.

I'm also really petty so if someone offers 20%, then I counter, and then they go up to 25% - I let them burn through their offers before sending a final that's 99% of the listing price.

If someone asks me what my lowest price is, I just reply with "what's the most you'll pay?" and leave it there.

So I have an offer on a card from someone in Canada.

I would like to accept the offer as they have 2,500+ positive feedback, but have no idea about how i post this to Canada.

Would I simply buy an Australia Post International Standard 500g satchel and fill out a customs form?

Back
Top Bottom