The AFL Question/Answer Thread!

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
Let's get some more discussion going! You may have noticed an increase in the chat between members recently, both about cards and AFL in general. Great questions have been asked and awesome insights given, so how about we make this a regular thing and put it into one thread.

Here's how I'm thinking it will work: every Wednesday, I will ask a question. It could be about cards, footy in general, etc.. Post your answer, insightful, funny or whatever you want, and hopefully there will be some good responses.

For this to work we need as many people to respond as possible! Don't be afraid to share your thoughts!

The first question is: What has been your favourite card collecting moment this year?

Ok, let's hear some great moments!

As not a huge AFL collector - but jumped on the case share - most definitely pulling the Bob Skilton Masters Brownlow sig from my box.

Whilst watching the NRL fill 4 cases to be broken and a lot of AFL fans losing faith in the AFL releases compared to the NRL ones, I was pleasantly surprised how good Honours was (plenty of changes i'd make but i was impressed)

For me: would have to be acquiring my 1000th Eagles card. Seems to have been a long journey already, but in reality it's been 2 years and hopefully there are 50+ more to come!

Sorry for the late reply, only just saw this thread! Probably a good thing, as my favourite collecting moment came on Saturday when I made a snap decision to buy four packs of Honours from my newsagent (can't remember when I last bought packs or boxes of ANYTHING, probably a year ago!) - and got a Premiership Redemption card :)

Sorry for the late reply, only just saw this thread! Probably a good thing, as my favourite collecting moment came on Saturday when I made a snap decision to buy four packs of Honours from my newsagent (can't remember when I last bought packs or boxes of ANYTHING, probably a year ago!) - and got a Premiership Redemption card :)

That's how you get dragged back in

I'll give this one more go:

What are your hopes for Future Force 2014?

I hope numbers don't rise I would go back to the same card numbers as 2012, maybe another insert would be nice it's such a boring bust once the sig is hit need something else in the box

I'll give this one more go:

What are your hopes for Future Force 2014?
A 1:2 box insert. It is so easy to box search, and sell off the remaining packets as a box. My local newsagent still has boxes of 2012 & 2013 Future Force which I know have been searched.

O.K Here's an idea.

Since Select have stated there will be no draft pick signatures in honours 2 next year....

Ditch Future Force and release Select AFL Draft Day.

Release a draft centric release and i for one would be in HEAVEN.

Draft Pick Rookies. 1 in 72 packs numbered to 150-200

A Photo shot of the drafted player holding,wearing club colours. Within a few days of the draft every player is photographed by the club with official gear.

Go at least two rounds but gee i'd love to see the whole draft done.

Draft Pick Signatures. 1 in 36 packs. Numbered 150-200 First 50 numbered signed with gold ink.

Don't worry about making two different numbered sigs just concentrate on one. Go at least the first two rounds. Club Colours again and personally for me i love it when i get to see a bit of the jumper on my draft picks sigs.

06, 09 are two of my favourite designs, one an action shot the other a portrait but with a good portion of the jumpers colours on show.

All Australians 1 in 8 packs..... no need to elaborate

2013 Rising Stars 22 card set 1 in 12-36 packs Perfect set to put these in and acknowledge this years young guns.

So many other ideas i could think of.

Dual Draft cards. Two players drafted on one card.

Next in Line. The top draft players in a photo shot, on the other side of the card the player they are most likened to upon entering the AFL.

Father & Son. Could be a similar concept to a back to back card but with Moore, Waterman and perhaps a few others coming in this year alone it's a shame we don't celebrate this unique event within our sport with our hobby.

Game Breakers. A set that focuses on the players who test elite within one category at the draft combine. For instance Billy Hartung smashing the beep test record at this years combine.

If everyone wouldn't mind the price going up and for a quality release i wouldn't perhaps they could add...

Retrospective Draft Pick Signatures. 1 a case. Numbered to 100

You pick a few stars that weren't selected in the first and keep the design of their draft year.

The players they could choose from would be endless.

Rockliff, Fyfe, Carlisle, Duncan, Shuey, Walker, Bruest, Cloke....

So many stars without sigs and this would be a great concept to keep the spirit of draft picks alive.

This would have me in collecting HEAVEN.

Last edited:
More inserts would be nice but how could you not agree with shueygaffdarlingnat!

In no order: Sydney Swans, Freo, Geelong, Port, Hawthorn, North, Adelaide and Richmond.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Fremantle
5. Port Adelaide
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. West Coast

West Coast just by percentage and Richmond will finish 10th not 9th this year I reckon hahah *they have left their run too late.
Unlucky Adelaide will miss by 1 per cent i reckon!

Last edited:
1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Port Adelaide
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. West Coast

West Coast just by percentage and Richmond will finish 10th not 9th this year I reckon hahah *they have left their run too late.
Unlucky Adelaide will miss by 1 per cent i reckon!
Sydney are going alright but they can't finish in the top eight twice. So I'm guessing one of them is geelong?

Back
Top Bottom