Tharrrrrr She Blows!!!!!

Mamboblue72

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dan
eBay User
mamboblue72
As Brad so eloquently put it over a year ago, my white whale was the Steve Waugh Signature from the 97 Set. Well i am Captain Ahab no longer as i have bagged my prize!

I asked the vendor of a number of similar cards on ebay recently if he had, said white whale in his keeping, he did and after an offer it is now mine. He didn't list it as he wanted to keep it so my offer must have tempted him greatly. I still think i got a bargain.

And to add to the luck of recent times (tip for the young players, it comes from hard work) when meeting some cricket royalty, I can now announce that we are expecting Don Mambino in July. Some one to pass the Wisden's on to eh Ron!!

Many thanks to all who have had one eye out for me over the last couple of years,
Brad, Ron, Liam, Russell and Damian and to all the other members of the cricket Mafia. I hope to get back into the forum more regularly but have just started a degree and will have precious little time in the next year, and will have to hang up the playing boots after 1 maybe 2 more games if we win the Semi. Good luck to you all, keep looking as you will one day find all the cards you are after.

Oh Happy day of days!
Just got these in my hot little hands today! i will post better scans soon as we are moved house over the weekend and everything is in boxes.
Regards
Don Mambo

SR1 #67.jpg

SR1R #67.jpg

WOW!!!

Massive news mate, what a find!!!!!

Congratulations Daniel son, an epic search is finally over. Must be satisfying feeling.

Great persistence Dan. I'm sure that little Mambo will appreciate getting Wisden bedtime stories.

:thumbsup: Awesome work Dan. Couldn't be happier for you mate !

I hope that all the OCT newbies and new people to collecting can take away from this that collecting is not about how much money you have, or how big your collection is... its simply about persistance and being tenacious about what you set out to achieve. You had a goal, you executed a plan, ask for support yet got there on your own. Hats of too you mate :worthy:

It is fair to say you have now harvested one crop and seeded another ! A big congratulations to you and Mrs Mambo. A new chapter is to be written and a journey to begin !

Cheers Damian:v:

Damn that card looks like it was signed yesterday!!!

Very happy for you on both counts Dan!

Is the SW PC now complete?

Thanks Guys it has been great to share the journey!
while it constituted the last major card required there are still at least 20 cards i have identified that i am missing.
So the chase continues!
Keep chasing your dream

Hi Dan,

please post your wish list so we can keep an eye out for you.

Please post your big mail day of the little Mambo when the day arrives:D

regards Russell:thumbsup:

while it constituted the last major card required there are still at least 20 cards i have identified that i am missing.

Looking at your PC I am guessing that is mainly the odd ones like Eaglemoss, other indian, SA releases etc?! You seem to have the bulk of the "official" releases and all the high end covered, so I wouldn't stress about the rest and just pick them up when you come across them... Good luck mate...

AHHHH the sound of satisfaction, congrats to you mate. The cards are out there to be collected, it is patience.

Congrats with the baby news, the world will no longer be what it was........... It will be so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hodgie

Back
Top Bottom