Tap'n'Play Socceroos Asian Champions Boxed set

Jaede

EEL 4 Life
Real Name
Jaede
Tap'n'Play Socceroos Asian Champions Boxed set of 23 cards. Available in store (Ja ja's collectables) from tomorrow for $79.95 per set. Only 300 sets produced.

11218209_932808066741335_3893923875255585788_n.jpg

10689615_932808060074669_641680436077877852_n.jpg

Last edited:
I want it.... But at $80, thats a little steep for a basic set, isn't it?

I don't like to criticise much (and I've had a few dust ups on here about Tap n Play so I am reluctant to add my two cents worth) but I do agree. I follow Hawthorn in the AFL and the Premiership sets are $40.00 - which for 22 players is really good value I reckon.

TnP is like the 'Alien' of the card world...in space no one can hear you scream!

No Baliey Wright, but another Tommy Oar card to collect...woohoo!:kick:

I don't like to criticise much (and I've had a few dust ups on here about Tap n Play so I am reluctant to add my two cents worth) but I do agree. I follow Hawthorn in the AFL and the Premiership sets are $40.00 - which for 22 players is really good value I reckon.

Yeh, $40 sounds about right. I would pick this is up at $40. If the set were in foil or has that refractor kind of look than maybe the price tag is somewhat reasonable. But for a base set, its a little on a high side.

When I use to sell the NRL premier sets at $35 I wouldn't be able to tell you how many I sold in three years. Crazy amounts. $35-$40 is a great price that most fans would be happy to pay. The problem is that how much is Select making out of this set ? The wholesale price is $25ea so how much of $25 do they make once they have made design printed them etc. So really I think ESP/Tap N Play have set a price that they can make a better profit for the time and effort put into it. If that makes sense.

On another note if anyone wants this set I'm selling them for $70 ;)

Oh other thing I forgot to say was the Select sets have 2000-3000 sets made depending on what set and the ESP sets are only 500 made. The Souths set has to versions one red other green. Think that also factors into why it costs more. Less sets.

Can't imagine they spent much time and effort of these card given the look of them. I'd be very surprised if there was even close to 300 people wanting this set.

Don't know if I'm posting in the right spot or not but I'm looking for a Nikolai Topor Stanley, Western Sydney Wanderers card from the Tap n Play A League set released this year. It's the only one I'm missing from the team set which I would like to complete. Anyone know we're I could possibly get one??

Don't know if I'm posting in the right spot or not but I'm looking for a Nikolai Topor Stanley, Western Sydney Wanderers card from the Tap n Play A League set released this year. It's the only one I'm missing from the team set which I would like to complete. Anyone know we're I could possibly get one??

Hi Geoff - i can help you out. I'll message you.

Wow these cards came out even worse then the A-League release. Show's how much Tap n Play think about the Football collectors. Quality is absolutely horrible.

Wow these cards came out even worse then the A-League release. Show's how much Tap n Play think about the Football collectors. Quality is absolutely horrible.

The quality of the paperboard used for this release is quite disappointing imo.

It's better than the a-league release but nowhere near as good as TnP's cricket release. Would have hoped for a better grade of paperboard being used given the premium pricing for this release, particularly with only 23 cards in the set.

Obviously a smaller production run is more expensive (plus factoring in associated profit margins), but it just a shame that compromises appear to have been made that distract from the overall quality of this release.

Back
Top Bottom