Tap 'N' Play CA & BBL 2015/16 Official Thread.

Looks nice, can't wait for the release for both codes.

At the end of the day I would rather have a delay than a low quality release, kudos to TNP for thinking about us collectors rather then pushing out any type of low quality product =D>.

I did get to see the quality of the first batch of printed cards, and they definitely made the right call to reprint.

For what its worth, there may be some more cricket cards being released over the coming few months (especially with a technology aspect).

Even heard rumblings of patch card featuring a legendary player...... ;)

Cheers
Matt
Any clues on who this legend may be! ;)

1948 Invincibles squad

Donald Bradman, Sid Barnes, Ron Hamence, Ian Johnson, Ray Lindwall, Colin McCool, Arthur Morris, Ron Saggers, Ernie Toshack, Lindsay Hassett, Bill Brown, Neil Harvey, Bill Johnston, Sam Loxton, Keith Miller, Doug Ring, Don Tallon.

Decent side that. Wonder how the current test side would fare against that lot?

A top six of Barnes (Test average of 63.05), Morris (46.48), Bradman (99.94), Hassett (46.56), Miller (Batting average 36.97, bowling average 22.97) and Harvey (48.41).

Surely a finer combination has never formed an Australian top order since that famous series. These were the days of uncovered pitches, no restrictions on bouncers-per-over and of course a lack of effective protective equipment.

Last edited:
1948 Invincibles squad

Donald Bradman, Sid Barnes, Ron Hamence, Ian Johnson, Ray Lindwall, Colin McCool, Arthur Morris, Ron Saggers, Ernie Toshack, Lindsay Hassett, Bill Brown, Neil Harvey, Bill Johnston, Sam Loxton, Keith Miller, Doug Ring, Don Tallon.

I think the only team that would come close would the team under Waugh and Ponting with that same bunch of players who played together for a lot of years,but my money would be on the invincibles
Bradman was worth two batsmen,no one has even come close to his average

1948 Invincibles squad

Imagine the headache the selectors would get having to pick a final XI with that squad!

I think the only team that would come close would the team under Waugh and Ponting with that same bunch of players who played together for a lot of years,but my money would be on the invincibles
Bradman was worth two batsmen,no one has even come close to his average
Totally agree Craig....The team Under Steve Waugh that started on the 1999 tour of West Indies was a ripper... From top to bottom... and just look at the calibre of players that missed out....
I would however have my money on this modern day team for two reasons..... Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath... bowlers of this calibre the invincibles never got to play against !!

Oops... sorry for the thread hijack !! :red:

Totally agree Craig....The team Under Steve Waugh that started on the 1999 tour of West Indies was a ripper... From top to bottom... and just look at the calibre of players that missed out....
I would however have my money on this modern day team for two reasons..... Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath... bowlers of this calibre the invincibles never got to play against !!

Oops... sorry for the thread hijack !! :red:

It's a really good point you make about the bowling line-up. Covered pitches, protective equipment and batsman-friendly playing regulations I think highlight how great McGrath and Warne were. If I was picking my "all time" Aus XI I'd favour pre-1980's batsmen and post-1980's bowlers.....with Heals at No. 7 or 8 :)

It's a really good point you make about the bowling line-up. Covered pitches, protective equipment and batsman-friendly playing regulations I think highlight how great McGrath and Warne were. If I was picking my "all time" Aus XI I'd favour pre-1980's batsmen and post-1980's bowlers.....with Heals at No. 7 or 8 :)
Loving the posts... just shows we all love our cricket and all have different opinions.... Test cricket is still alive and well.. and great to see the young fellas throw their 5cents in....

Matty.. agree with the above.... Is there room in that side for Gilly as well ?? Heals was a superior glove-man hands down but Gilly was that raw X factor we haven't had for along time... In fact, Gilly was our best all rounder since Miller.... All rounders just don't have to bat and bowl people !!

Australian cricket has had a fetish forever to find another Miller.... in saying that we have had some great part-time all rounders....Benaud, Noble, AB, Tugga, Warne... Johno.. However not to the standards of players like Kallis, Sobers, Kapil Dev, Botham, Vettori, Freddy and Imran Khan... just to mention a few....

So.. Gilly for me !!

Loving the posts... just shows we all love our cricket and all have different opinions.... Test cricket is still alive and well.. and great to see the young fellas throw their 5cents in....

Matty.. agree with the above.... Is there room in that side for Gilly as well ?? Heals was a superior glove-man hands down but Gilly was that raw X factor we haven't had for along time... In fact, Gilly was our best all rounder since Miller.... All rounders just don't have to bat and bowl people !!

Australian cricket has had a fetish forever to find another Miller.... in saying that we have had some great part-time all rounders....Benaud, Noble, AB, Tugga, Warne... Johno.. However not to the standards of players like Kallis, Sobers, Kapil Dev, Botham, Vettori, Freddy and Imran Khan... just to mention a few....

So.. Gilly for me !!
Very good point... I would personally go with Gilly as he can keep and he definitely can bat!

Back
Top Bottom