State of the market!

Giddey Panini One RPAs for $200!

Unbelievable. Prices have well and truly settled and I am starting to think twice about breaking, especially with NBA. Saw a breaker charging $1200 for OKC in a case break. Could probably get a RPA /49, 99 and the low numbered base for that price at the very least :)

Just paid $250 for one because of Vodafone, but still...i might have to buy a vertical one now

Its amazing to see what cards you can buy if you spend the money on singles you like and want to keep rather than boxes and breaks which add up massively over time.
I don't even want to know.

I kept a log of a particular breaker I went with and I lost out on every break. Between 60 and 150 every break without fail. Never hit anything and it would be the same with most. I am a small timer who only bought cheap breaks so would hate to think what the big boys are losing

I don't even want to know.

I kept a log of a particular breaker I went with and I lost out on every break. Between 60 and 150 every break without fail. Never hit anything and it would be the same with most. I am a small timer who only bought cheap breaks so would hate to think what the big boys are losing

Why spend 100's or 1000's on breaks and get squat when you can go and spend 1000 and pick up 5 Giddey one and one signed RC's?

Why spend 100's or 1000's on breaks and get squat when you can go and spend 1000 and pick up 5 Giddey one and one signed RC's?
Yeah I never buy expensive teams and never hit them with random teams so it's the way I have to go.

I'll still buy undervalued NFL teams in case breaks, but not every single week

Anyone seen the documentary that recently came out called Behind the Card? I am currently part was through it and was pretty keen to watch a documentary about the hobby but so far just about investing and not actually about the hobby. This seems to the trend for the last few years which is really off putting to me.

Anyone seen the documentary that recently came out called Behind the Card? I am currently part was through it and was pretty keen to watch a documentary about the hobby but so far just about investing and not actually about the hobby. This seems to the trend for the last few years which is really off putting to me.
Does anyone have a copy they could send rather than having to give over my personal details to watch it online.
Regards

Lootbox TV just interviewed the guy who did this doco.

I might have to watch, but not really keen on investing part of it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T0dd-BLdX0&ab_channel=LootboxTV

This will be an interesting discussion - comps etc with TheHobbyAus/130point/OCT's very own legend Laine @nissangtr35

Wed

comps.JPG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHD3GKMcwXk&ab_channel=SportsCardsLive

I’m struggling to sell much on any Facebook group atm even below comps…hate using eBay and rather deal in Australia then overseas…
The funny thing is though when the shoe is on the other foot everyone else wants top dollar for their cards! Or they use the old “he is playing well and hit cards are going up”….I’m quiet honestly over it and might go into hibernation to things improve….

I’m struggling to sell much on any Facebook group atm even below comps…hate using eBay and rather deal in Australia then overseas…
The funny thing is though when the shoe is on the other foot everyone else wants top dollar for their cards! Or they use the old “he is playing well and hit cards are going up”….I’m quiet honestly over it and might go into hibernation to things improve….

I actually sold 5 higher end cards on US ebay just before Christmas and sales were very strong and $20-40 AUD to ship them tracked and signature and all arrived within 6-12 days which was good considering ut was the lead up to Christmas.

Will probably move some more stuff once Feb rolls around.

They might want top dollar, but everyone is in the same boat...not selling.

Back
Top Bottom