starting up again after a long layoff

mitsumopar

#1 Zo fan!
eBay User
mitsumopar
G'day, just got back into the NBA basketball cards after 10 years or so. Looking to complete sets etc from 91-97 (the golden era!). tend to collect Upper Deck over any other, just the way it worked out I guess.

My favorite NBA player of all time is Alonzo Mourning, I had about 200 of his cards 10 years ago but they all got pinched :( I'm looking to start a collection again. Have about 20-30 so far.

The one thing i've found is this: Basketball card collecting seems a lot cheaper than it was ten years or more ago. Is it bgecause the cards have become cheaper to buy or is it cause I earn more money? I don't know hwich it is. Thoughts?

Other than collecting cards, I enjoy playing 8-ball, basketball, and LOVE my motorsports and cars in general!

Look forward to meeting everyone here.

By the way check my wantlist in the "wantlist" section please! Thanks!

Tate

Hey thanks for the welcome!

I'm from Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne. I found the site by accident, looking for a cardlist for the series 2 91-92 upper deck cards. Thankyou Google, lol!

My favorite card series would be the 1992-93 and 1993-94 upper deck NBA cards. They blew my mind back in the day! And favorite insert set: the original Michael Jordan's Flight Team. Have 10 of the 20 so far (and another 4 in the post) thanks to EBAY.

And yes i'm looking to bump up my ZO collection.

Hey man, welcome. I have quite a few Zo doubles that I wouldn't mind sending your way. I can also hook you up with a Beckett list if you pm me your email addy. Talk to you later on :thumbsup:

Welcome abroad buddy. Yeah my favourite back then was the 1993-94 upper deck NBA cards set as well.:)

welcome back into the basketball card hobby world, always good to see people coming back. Enjoy ur time in the board.

Hi Tate,

welcome to the forum...

there are a couple of Zo collectors here.. i am sure ur collection will be really pretty in a few months time...

hope u enjoy this community.. coz i pretty much love it here..

:)

welcome to the site...Flight Team was always my fav insert set too...i remember pulling the Derrick Coleman when i was a kid and that it was the best thing ever! haha...What part of melb? my inlaws live way out east in Kilsyth

Welcome tate! I too also had my entire collection pinched when i was in high school -- but one lesson i learnt, need to REALLY look after your cards!!!!!!!!!!!! .... i ended up trading most of my Zo's to a couple of ppl on here when i first started ... hehehe good memories! Welcome and enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom