Group Buy Star Wars Galaxy 6 - coming in March

AAARRRRRGGH: It's not customs that takes forever, it's getting sorted after customs :cry:

At Foreign Delivery Unit, March 09, 2011, 5:43 am, AUSTRALIA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, March 08, 2011, 6:51 am, AUSTRALIA
Out of Foreign Customs, March 07, 2011, 2:41 pm, AUSTRALIA

cmonnn Foreign Delivery Unit give us our boxes already! :mad:
man i think i need to go to box break rehab ;)

I hear ya.............I was so excited to get a bubble mailer today with 10 non-sport packs in it................:)
haha i usually call before i get home from work somedays to see if anythings arrived.

I feel the excitement....dont lose sight - a box full of goodies at the end of the rainbow - cmonnn
Box break rehab - so funny.... :)
The first step to the problem is admitting you have the problem..:lol:
Like i said before I'm really hoping for a Ray Park sketchagraph..... a particular artist i'm really keen on is Ryan Hungerford. I have just noticed his work from this series but he did other star wars sets. I bought a Yoda sketch of his from G6 over ebay and pulled a nice ESB 3D widevision sketch of his on the weekend. Really like his style.

Guess what - the smaller (1 case) box arrived today and I have just got back from the post office trip to send you all your boxes :wave:. This of course leaves me with none to open for myself until the other box arrives, but hopefully soon. :(

:D awesome.

You can enjoy the busts though us :p

Lets hope it comes from the right post office for me this time otherwise i have to get the damn thing transferred :lol:

Good luck everyone, lets hope we get a loaded case. one of needs one of those boxes like Graham got last time.

Yeh, the busts have been interesting. Topps is the main reason I switched to larger buys - not because they have good value but because their collation is all over the place. With a box, you can get anything from a dud (of which I have got more than my fair share) to loaded (occasional), but a case evens out the break.

awesome news Jen.

Here's hoping mine arrives for the weekend. Fingers crossed as it's being delivered to the Perth CBD area...but probably more likely Monday. Good luck with your breaks everyone...

The remainder of the order arrived today. I originally intended about 1 case for 'later enthusiasm of group buyers' but how many boxes I actually sell will depend on how my breaks go since I really want to pull something I intend to keep and my collection is narrow. Please let me know:
1/ how many boxes you want (original group buyers at same price $80, new buyers at $115 shipped)
2/ shipping method: either not express, or express bag but box will not be sealed. The problem is that the boxes are too big for the express bags so I need to open the box and repack if I am to fit them in the satchel.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so maybe I am being ignorant here. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly appreciate the quality of the art in those cards, but $1,000 a pop? It would want to be a diamond encrusted, gold plated card at that price. Are they one off pieces, or is it just a combination of the artist and the subject?

Some incredible cards @ some incredible prices! The Desbois cards are sold personally by him which doesnt suprise me the prices they went for as he has a huge following on deviant art so he would of been able to advertise the auctions to the masses. The Charles Hall cards are incredible....
Here's the highest sketchagraph sell price i could find..
Star Wars Galaxy 6 sketchagraph Hughes / Mark Hamill (eBay item 220753619352 end time 14-Mar-11 02:44:58 AEDST) : Collectibles
I'm not a Star Wars fan, so maybe I am being ignorant here. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly appreciate the quality of the art in those cards, but $1,000 a pop? It would want to be a diamond encrusted, gold plated card at that price. Are they one off pieces, or is it just a combination of the artist and the subject?
It's a good question mate but I think the question of selling price is better of aimed at trading cards in general as it's not limited to sketch cards. These artists are all very talented and are highly sought after for collectors just like Jordan, Lebron and now even Blake Griffin. Sketch card collectors showcase there cards to other collectors and aim at having the best centrepiece or centrepieces. In some cases some people just have a lot of money...
Take this Griffin card for instance..
09 10 NATIONAL TREASURES RC LOGOMAN AUTO BLAKE GRIFFIN (eBay item 380321265724 end time 13-Mar-11 12:15:25 AEDST) : Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop
$18k!!

I know someone who when he sees people spending those high, and sometimes absurd, amounts of money, always says they have it small (the penis), haha.

I know someone who when he sees people spending those high, and sometimes absurd, amounts of money, always says they have it small (the penis), haha.
hahaha oh man that made me laugh. I think whoever has that opinion could possibly be very right...
I think the same goes for some people that drive big flashy cars..

Has anyone one got a spare Galaxy 6 Sell Sheet.
Jen, did any sheets come wth the case.?

hi Rob. I don't believe there was a sell sheet actually printed. There was various art such as ads in NSU (go to Topps and click Galaxy 5 to see what I mean) but they weren't printed off. Some people use a home printer to turn these into folder covers. Since Topps haven't updated to G6 yet, some of the retailers may have the artwork posted (or Card Talk?)

Hi Jen, i saw someone selling one on ebay, and they said it was a fold-out, but they didnt have a picture of it actually folded out,just the front view, i could'nt find the completed auction as evidence.
I might email topps, and see what they say.

Hi Jen, i saw someone selling one on ebay, and they said it was a fold-out, but they didnt have a picture of it actually folded out,just the front view, i could'nt find the completed auction as evidence.
I might email topps, and see what they say.

I wonder of that is the foldout poster/artwork that came inside each box?

Back
Top Bottom