Group Buy Star Wars Galaxy 6 - coming in March

Thanks for the breaks links. I think if I was a dealer doing live breaks, I'd at least try to know what I was looking for before opening the boxes.

I want my boxes to arrive now, why do we live so far away? :cry:

I used to say 10-14 days after release but it now tends to be a little over 2 weeks instead of under. At one stage I was getting them 3 days after release because the manufacturers sent to wholesalers early and just embargoed, but the wholesaler would send early knowing that I wouldn't get them before embargo date anyway. I miss those days. Too many people broke the embargo and ruined it for the rest of us.

I will post here when they arrive. Depending on the day of the week, I will either mail out the same day or the following day (it's affected by how long between me getting them and the post office closing). All will be sent by express post.

Hopefully, should see my boxes tomorrow , just in time for the w/end (fingers crossed/everything crossed)
Reading the various forums, is appears many are very happy with the breaks they have enjoyed thus far (often 2 sketches in a box)

Cant wait !!, Come on, bring it on (my daughter 5 yr is all excited - she is my little "mojo") has most of the luck pulling the "special cards" as she likes to call them

I'll keep you all posted - good luck to ALL !! :)

Hi Jen
I should clarify & i do apologise to you Jen & all for any confusion

Allow me to clarify, I wasnt part of the group share on this site (i made my own arrangments through my business colleagues in the USA)
Take care :)

Good luck Andrew

would love to see someone here pull a original artwork 1/1 from the insert set :p

wishful thinking i know, wonder what the odds are this time, 1 in 65000 packs :lol:

Good luck Andrew

would love to see someone here pull a original artwork 1/1 from the insert set :p

wishful thinking i know, wonder what the odds are this time, 1 in 65000 packs :lol:

I'd be happy enough with a Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher or Ray Park sketchagraph!

I actually pulled an original artwork once - one of the Kayanan Lord of the Rings. I couldn't believe it and the artwork was astonishly detailed.

wow....would love to see a scan if you have? you still got or did you sell?

I sold. I loved the sketch but it was worth way more than I would ever pay for a sketch. My intention was to buy a Kayanan sketch with part of the proceeds but I have never really found one that matches my collection.

I have emailed you the scan. Anyone else who wants to see it, please PM me (with your email address). I don't display it anywhere because I think the owner should have the glory (and wouldn't want to clog up a SW site with huge scans of LOTR :) )

What a day - what a fiasco (in edit, please excuse my rant - urrrrr)
Been tracking my package all day with UPS
Refreshing tracking website (checking with my wife whether delivery had been made)
Left work early, got home 2.30pm, still nothing
Called UPS - usual tone - scheduled for delivery today
3.30 - same " "
4.30 - starting to worry - Friday pm & all - called UPS usual tone - scheduled for delivery today - i'm starting to get a little frustrated
5.00 - same usual tone - scheduled for delivery today (of course , as you can appreciate you are spekaing to a customer service person in Asia - do they realise the time ? etc
Asked for supervisor, manager, general manager - whomever was in charge, finally spoke to someone, assured me they would email despatch in Sydney, Australia & have someone call me in 1hr (yeah right)
5.30 - same rubbish
6.00 - spoke to another supervisor, finally got them to find/call the warehouse - no answer - at this stage, it was all over :(
I insisted they give me the tel no for Sydney warehouse (transferred to various supervisors/managers), like trying to draw blood out of a stone (as they say) - finally got a number - rang/out repeatedly
By this time 6.30pm or so, tried again, Finally human life - spoke to a warehouse guy, got the usual, dont know.... - call back Monday
I used some storyline that the package was required for an exhibition - MUST HAVE by tomorrow - Sat am - was told give you number & someone would call back (oh yeah 6.45pm Friday - unlikely
At this time, i had resigned myself to the fact that it would be Monday *if that
Eating my ravioli - mobile & phone to hand - get a call from the warehouse, yeh mate package here - excited but 7pm or so - i asked if they could deliver - a simply NO chance reply - all drivers finished for the day - next delivery Monday
I pleaded with the guy & asked if i could come down to collect - he finally agreed
The DARK side took over, in the car, speeding my way down to their warehouse @ Botany area (20min drive - seemed like i got there in 10min)
Walked in the door, asked for the contact by name - there it was - my package !!!!! (felt like Christmas) mixed emotion excitement/angst

Package is home safe now, put the kids to bed & i might crack a box or 2 tonight (i feel tired/weary - up since 5.30 or so)

Sipping on my short black coffee right now as i write this message - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) :)

Good luck to everyone , look out for me - i'm certain i will have cards to trade - talk soon....

Faced with the similar situation i dont think i would want to wait until Monday so good work getting a hold of your parcel and good luck with the break.

AAARRRRRGGH: It's not customs that takes forever, it's getting sorted after customs :cry:

At Foreign Delivery Unit, March 09, 2011, 5:43 am, AUSTRALIA
At Foreign Delivery Unit, March 08, 2011, 6:51 am, AUSTRALIA
Out of Foreign Customs, March 07, 2011, 2:41 pm, AUSTRALIA

Back
Top Bottom