Sports results in thread titles. Last warning.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Hey guys once again I want to remind you all about the following rule.

i) Threads with spoiler results, particularly in the thread title, but also in posts, are strongly discouraged. If you want to chat about a result, the thread title must be clearly labeled with the term “SPOILER” and not give any information away about the event in question. Please respect the enjoyment of other members who have not been able to catch the game yet.

Twice in two days we have seen spoiler titles on the boards and I'm getting sick of reminding people about it. Take this Admin announcement as a final warning reminding everyone. The NBA season is only a week old and I don't want this a problem all season long. Next member to put up a spoiler title will get a weeks ban period, maybe then people will take note of how they can ruin peoples days with information about results before they have had the chance to see replays etc.

I'm sure everyone understands why this rule is in place especially with timezones and peoples work hours preventing watching live play.

Cheers
Chad.

i agree with you chad i cant watch the games as i am at work but i record the games so the last thing i want to know is a scores in the thread titles
cheers steve-o

we need a thread that has all the game results and who against!
because people would be at work and school and stuff so they can come home go to that thread and see who won!

we need to have a thread were everybody just post's who won the current games and all because its really to keep track of scores and stuff and who vs each other thanks

Not really sure what you mean, but can't you just go to a news/sports site for that? If there was a thread here that can contain results to any game being played, then who is going to go in there to post, knowing that they might see a spoiler result for a game they might not have seen yet?

we need to have a thread were everybody just post's who won the current games and all because its really to keep track of scores and stuff and who vs each other thanks

that makes no sense

like people just say who won the latest games and who against thats it!
and say it after the game has finished!

like people just say who won the latest games and who against thats it!
and say it after the game has finished!

So, the thread can be called "Results to games you may or may not have watched"? There is no sense or benefit in that, just do a google search.

yeah but it would be easier to just see it in here!
and have the title SPOLIER as well and just have every score to stop all these threads getting made up for just 1 game
just forgot it iv made a big drama i am leaving

A lot of teams have their own threads here on the site with daily up to date info and results. Its easy to just go to one of the teams threads for the info you want.

Basically the sports section is to chat about sport so IF you don't want to know ANY result its best not to even open any thread discussing games. Its just common sense and it doesn't impede others being able to post and contribute to the site.

Back
Top Bottom