Rusty Nail

Still a big kid!!!
Real Name
Neil
eBay User
dawsonneil
COMC User
NeilD
Got a couple of packages this week first in from a DACardworld a Totally Certifed Random, got the Falcons but came up not bad, another reasonable 2014 Rookie Auto

Falcons APR 15002.jpg

Had some Rewards points to use so got a couple more rookie patches, Ebron /25 (just 2 colour!!) and a AS-J /10 and added a Tannehill auto /99 to the pile. The Chargers are from a Ripkings Black Gold break. The Black Gold is very nice in hand, even the base of which I got 2 Antonio Gates /149.

Rewards APR 15002.jpg

Then some LBB stuff too, Manti /75 (also got another to /1206!!) and KA from 2013 Sterling, Campanaro /149 from Spectra (with an ex Charger!!), some Jace Amaro /25 & /50 from 2014 Sterling, Logan Thomas and an Evans Die Cut from Fire.

LBB APR 15004.jpg

Panini updated the rewards today and I managed to snaffle a Philip Rivers Auto patch from Select with some leftover points

Nice! Had a look at the Rams, some nice new Tre Mason's amongst them...must be where all his cards were that should have been in the breaks I was in !! :confused:

So many sticker autos. Wish I had more points. Couple of nice booklets (alas non auto)

Nice! Had a look at the Rams, some nice new Tre Mason's amongst them...must be where all his cards were that should have been in the breaks I was in !! :confused:
As a team or player collector it definitely makes you think about the worth of joining breaks, or buying boxes for that matter if the amount of hits is not as per advertised checklists to start with.

Yeah, but we as collectors keep going back lol. Been reading too much about the teddy b and objs being held back lol. I wish the cards in the shop actually represented what you got.

As a team or player collector it definitely makes you think about the worth of joining breaks, or buying boxes for that matter if the amount of hits is not as per advertised checklists to start with.

Certainly does. This hobby is really starting to turn into one big con job by the companies on us poor punters...and I can't see it getting any better with the changes next year...

Certainly does. This hobby is really starting to turn into one big con job by the companies on us poor punters...and I can't see it getting any better with the changes next year...

How many people will actually walk away though? I havnt met many people who have been able to strictly stick to buying singles. Even saw a post after flawless on Twitter, that the person wouldn't buy anything panini ever again, except for contenders and NT lol

How many people will actually walk away though? I havnt met many people who have been able to strictly stick to buying singles. Even saw a post after flawless on Twitter, that the person wouldn't buy anything panini ever again, except for contenders and NT lol

Yeah, I know... But everyone's probably like me, love their team, enjoy the hobby and the thrill of the chase, love to pull a cool looking card, but it seems we keep getting screwed just that much more each year...seems these days there's always some deception going on, like Flawless and this OBJ and Teddy thing...even seeing it in non-sport too where signers are advertised as being in the set when pre-orders are being taken, only to disappear when the final release date rocks around...

Does leave a bitter taste in the mouth at times....

Yeah agree. I have been tempted to chase singles only,but love the thrill of hitting an awesome card by chance lol

I will have to try and find the post, guy on blowout goes on a monster rant about the industry in general and that reformed gamblers have replaced their habits with cards and that breakers allow them access to "gamble" due to it being cheaper to break boxes in breaks. Had some strong points but then he lost the point lol. It's in the obj and teddy-gate thread.

I will have a PC addition to post when it arrives down under (Neil will appreciate it being a Ravens man). Picked up an awesome single on eBay and couldn't believe how satisfied I was lol. Kinda made me re-think how many breaks I want to get into lol.

Sadly there is a guy with a boo box product that could replace breaks for me if he does a football edition lol

Back
Top Bottom