Some new Garnett jersey # 5/x additions

LOWinMASS

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dennis
eBay User
dawn1202purple
How's everybody doing? I got to watch the Celtics first preseason game last night on tv. Garnett looked good for 13 minutes worth of playing time.

My last mailday on here was in early August so here goes and thanks for looking.

# 5/25
kgforphotobucket012.jpg

# 5/25
kgforphotobucket014.jpg

# 5/75
kgforphotobucket011.jpg

# 5/75
kghardwood.jpg

# 5/10
KG9-07005.jpg

# 5/10
kgforphotobucket005.jpg

# 5/2009
KG9-07003.jpg

# 5/48
KG9-07009.jpg

# 5/50
kgforphotobucket010.jpg

# 5/10
KG9-07010.jpg

# 5/50
KG9-07.jpg

# 5/499
kgforphotobucket006.jpg

# 5/299
kgforphotobucket003.jpg

# 5/35
kgforphotobucket009.jpg

# 5/99 Front
kgforphotobucket007.jpg

# 5/99 Back
kgforphotobucket004.jpg

# 5/90
KG9-07001.jpg

^This was my first KG auto and misplaced since January. I just can across it the other night. # 5 was Kidd's Nets jersey # as well. I possibly missed a few new arrivals so feel free to browse my bucket.

BTW-ljandkg is held responsible for this addiction.... :mad: LOL

sweet cards mate but if ljandkg inspired you to do the same couldnt you have picked another player to chase jersey numbered of, knowing thats what HE is known for?

Wow awesome mailday

The UD Premier "1995" quad GU is #/95 i think and not /10, mines a crappy 53/95 :p

Thanks for the replies by everybody,I appreciate it.

@ GarnettFan4Life - Yes he did,he also pointed me in the direction of a handful of them.

@ ozballer23 - I can't wait to see the mailday of the # 5/x you got coming in. I'm not one to beg other collectors for a # 5/x since they won it fair and square while I slept on it. I can't wait to see it though,feel like a little kid to be honest! If you ever offered me a shot at it,I'd be interested. ;) LOL
I know of 4 other members from other boards that have one or a few # 5/x cards. I would love them to be mine and all mine as well but we can't alway's get what we want which is depressing. LOL but so true.
PM when you post it in case I'm not on right away so I can drool all over my monitor.

@ vivo87 - It was exciting to watch Daniels play in a Celtics uni on Wednesday night. He looked sharp and impressive. I never got a chance to watch him while he was on the court since he was never a Celtic.

@ d2t - It's a 5/10,take a look again. Why would I say a card is a # 5/x when it isn't? You make me want to take pics of the serial numbers to add beside each # 5/x in my Bucket. Did I misunderstand you or where you telling me you got the # 53/95 version? Sorry for the misunderstanding if that is what happened.

@ slobbythegreat - # 5/x cards have been selling since 2007/08 basketball was released in August of 07. It all started with Topps or Bowman,I can't remember which one. I started collecting # 5/X in late March of 2008,Al hadn't any Boston # 5/x maildays during those Beckett days. He was only posting # 21/xx Minnesota cards during that time frame of August 2007 through March 2008. Nobody on any other board I belong to back then were collecting KG strictly Boston # 5/x. If nobody has started a certain thing,why not give that thing a shot? So after not seeing him post any in that time,it made me start. I had seen an 07/08 Premier # 5/50 with KG/LJ/KB triple and hit the BIN spontaneously after seeing it. After that first # 5/50 arrived,I felt as though one wasn't enough and the addiction had started.
I don't like to term this as an addiction but it truly is. At least I admit it because certain collectors are in denial about collecting due to the financial toll it can take on them. I have hit rock bottom a few times because of putting priorities in the secondary position and # 5/x first. I've learned from those past expierences....
I was collecting way too many names and everything else under the sun prior to the the # 5/x cards. I wish I had an experienced collector guide me with what to buy from Novomber of 2005 through late March of 2007. During that collecting run,I had spent an estimated $8,000.00-10,000.00 on garbage.
KG has helped Boston once again be what they once were despite the 08/09 injury. I witnessed way too many Boston tragedies since the old Big 3 I use to watch as a kid growing up in the 80's. KG is what Boston has been waiting for since the prior Big 3 era. Do you know how many times my hopes have been driven up since the Bird/RP/KM era? Waaaaay too many,names like Telfair,Dominique Wilkins,Iverson and many others to name. Also teasing playoff appearances to add to it. To have witnessed the Celtics have the worst record in the leauge during the 06/07 season was unbearable. To see them bounce back with the current Big 3 was simply amazing and left all of us New Englander's throughout these 6 states speechless.
It feels good at the age of 34 to collect an individual who has helped make the Celtics win that banner # 17 that now hangs from the rafters. I do go and see # 17 with pride as I look at the rest of them. Each time I'm under that roof,I walk in there with pride,respect and my head held up high. I like the Red Sox,Patriots,Revolution and the Bruins but there is nothing like the C's. I hope this answers it from the way you worded it. Sorry for the long read and getting off topic during this long explanation.

nice stuff mate! got a kg jsy #ed incoming myself! ;)

What number???!!!!!!! #5 or 21???? I've got money!!!:lol::lol:

Don't blame me for yr problems Dennis!!

In fact Slobby I thank Dennis for stopping me getting started on #5 cards - there are so many and they go for lots!!! I couldn't afford them and it's cool to see a good mate hauling them in one after the other - then when I go to the states I'll find out where he lives and send the boys around.....

Love that enshrinements mate.....

@ ljandkg - When I send you a package out of the blue,there will be a PO Box address. ;) Better do some skiptracing to locate me bro...
I'm getting the collection insured now,got my FID card to carry as well by the way. Got to protect the Mrs. and I from intruders wanting my # 5/x cards. She "inspired" me to get one since she's got that military mind after she served 2 terms in Iraq right before we met.

I hope you land that card you linked me,good luck.

farr out dude, cant believe you managed to hook up all these cards with them all basically being jersey numbered too. good stuff, & i can see a punch on come about over the horizon between yourself and ljandkg :lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. all the best to both of you there. cheers

Yep mines a crappy #/95 compared to your #/10, thats what i meant!

Yep mines a crappy #/95 compared to your #/10, thats what i meant!
Maybe I shouldn't come back for a few more months...

I got Slobby pressuring me on "why" I collect # 5/x when Al was collecting # 21/xx cards. I had to go off in numerous paragraphs to explain to him. But anyway,I apologized at the end of that on page 1 to you in case I misinterpeted it. It's the way you worded it,reread what you typed. No need for the hostile exclamation point over the internet...

Just coming over here to share new additions,not to bicker back and forth. :rolleyes:
Isn't that what a forum is suppose to be for??

Back
Top Bottom