Sniping auctions using online sniping services.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Seeing a few have asked I'll give a short run down and you can post your questions here.

I use www.auctionsniper.com

I've found that the best. You simply join and you get your first 3 snipes free.

A snipe is a bid made in the last few seconds of an auction. This has a few advantages over normal bidding.

For one you don't push the price up and attract a bidding war. You hold your cards close to your chest showing your bid last.

You don't need to be at the computer to place the bid.

Stops you overbidding based on emotion. You place your max bid and if you lose you lost because you couldn't afford it.

Auctionsniper charges me 25 cents US for every winning snipe. For snipes that you lose on there is no charge.

You can add a snipe it now feature to your toolbar where you open the auction and a box opens. You set the time to bid when you want (I put the last 3 seconds) and your max bid.

Bidding is the same as eBay. You wining bid is the highest bid above the second last bid based on bid increment. If your max is $54 and the next bidder had $34 you win for $34.50.

There are a few other sniping sites around but I find auctionsniper the best. I get billed once a month and its set up as a direct debit but you can pay with paypal or a CC.

Scotty uses http://www.vrane.com/ but its features are limited.

These sites are huge with many users and fully secure and safe to trust with your eBay username/password and CC info. They rely on this trust to stay in the game.

Any questions?

Cheers for that mate:D ,couple of questions from me...
-can you re-enter a maximum snipe if your previous amount was out bidded ?
-does it register that you have placed a bid one you have "set" the snipe? or only show up in the remaining seconds?
cheers.

why do ppl always bid like few days b4 the auction ends i dont see the point i always bid at the last moment this way it does not push the price up n up

lil_pharm said:
why do ppl always bid like few days b4 the auction ends i dont see the point i always bid at the last moment this way it does not push the price up n up

Sometimes i think that can be worse for the buyer....everyone does a mad dash at the end and throws a higher bid than they would usually just to make sure they score it.Thats just what ive experienced anyway.

Force if you set your bid at say $50 and it goes above that with a few hours or days to go you get an email saying your snipe is too low. You can then set the snipe again if you want with a higher max. You can also modify snipes even if your snipe max is still above the curent price.

And your bid doesn't hit eBay till the final seconds. Although you can log onto your auctionsniper page for your account and see your snipes and max bids etc. The auction sniper service simply places the bid on your behalf under your eBay username.

And Iillpharm is right. As long as you always set the snipe to the max you want to pay then it matters less if you lose.

Thanks a lot chadjaja! this is the one i was loking for. I saw this weblink from ebay before but they seemed to have removed it from their website. I e-mailed them but they didn't give me the full details about it. This is great mate, it means I don't have to wait anymore for the last second. :D

No worries mate. I know a lot do this already but there is sure to be a few that are also learning it for the first time.

Once you go to sniping you never look back.

chadjaja® said:
No worries mate. I know a lot do this already but there is sure to be a few that are also learning it for the first time.

Once you go to sniping you never look back.

I wanted sign up when I first saw it but for what ever reason I didnt and when I thought about it again I couldnt find it from the Ebay website. Im pretty sure it was this one that I saw. I guess you got to teach me how to use this. :D I will likely use this for the Grant Hill's. Im pretty sure Graham has this sniper set up. Luckily for him, I really dont go too high on my bids. :D

The fees acumulate and I get charged once a month. You can have it direct debit, paypal or CC I'm pretty sure. I do the direct debit and have never had a problem in a few years of using them.

Sounds like it may be an improvement of the snipe I currently use. Have you had many problems with snipes not actually going through? (ie - your snipe was higher than the maximum winning bid). This has happened to a few items I have been interested in lately.

Billy, you still use that snipe site you sent me details for, and have you had much problems lately since they've come back online???

Just the odd once or twice but its usually related to eBay doing server maintanance etc. Just make sure you bid over the increments to preven the likely of being proxy outbid.

I just signed up... Can't wait to use....

Did you 'refer us'? (I noticed the ozcard link to this thread, does that count?) 'Cause I read at the bottom of the page that you get 3 free snipes.... :lol:

Success! I managed to pick up the card I was after!

Go the sniper!

Cheers
Matt

clarkescards said:
Sounds like it may be an improvement of the snipe I currently use. Have you had many problems with snipes not actually going through? (ie - your snipe was higher than the maximum winning bid). This has happened to a few items I have been interested in lately.

Billy, you still use that snipe site you sent me details for, and have you had much problems lately since they've come back online???

Here's some explanation why our snipe bids wont work. Just read thru the page... :D

http://www.auctionsniper.com/SnipeStatus.aspx?sid=33964697

Back
Top Bottom