eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17981099-23769,00.html

Rodman seeks NBA springboard
From Ian Whittell in Brighton, England
January 30, 2006

DENNIS Rodman wants to return to Brighton Bears next month to use the British Basketball League (BBL) as a springboard to an unlikely National Basketball Association comeback at the age of 44.

Rodman made his BBL debut for the Bears on Sunday (AEDT), three days after being evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother television show.

He scored four points and grabbed seven rebounds, three in the final 80sec, with the game on the line, as the Bears recorded a 91-88 victory over Guildford Heat in front of a 1700-strong crowd at Brighton Triangle.

"At the end, I knew we were going to win as long as I got the rebound," Rodman said.

"Those rebounds are easy. If I want to do it, I do it. That's not a problem for me.

"I'm not a shooter. If I miss, I miss. My game is defensive rebounding and when you wanted those crucial rebounds, I did it."

The former Chicago Bull, who proved a popular figure with the capacity crowd, is keen for Brighton to exercise an option to use him for two more matches, a league game against the Newcastle Eagles at the larger Brighton Centre on February 14 and at Wembley Arena, in a rescheduled match 24 hours later.

"It's a team game and next time I come here I'm going to be way better," Rodman said.

"I'm not going to have a situation where I've been locked in a house for three weeks.

"I hope there is a next time. If there isn't, I'll move on. I'm taking my ass home and be back hopefully in two weeks.
"London is a good city. I've nothing bad to say about the people here.

"Everyone's been very courteous. I don't kiss anyone's ass. If I think something, I say it, but you guys have been very nice to me and I want to come back and repay the favour and all the things you guys have done for me.

"If I worked out consistently for a month, I think my body is in very good condition. I just need to get the fundamentals back. "If it happens, it will be a mark in history."

Rodman, a forward who won five NBA titles with Detroit Pistons and the Bulls, has not played in the NBA since quitting Dallas Mavericks in 2000.

A successful return for Rodman would make him the oldest player in the league's history.

Robert Parish was 43 when playing with the Bulls in 1996-1997.

Forget his "comeback", but it's good to see him playing again.

7 Boards in his first game is pretty good. Dont worry about the BBL League thingy, he's 44, hasnt played since when????

he wont be back..
no team would want him..
i mean for a GM to say, "yeh i think dennis rodman could be the fit this team needs".. it would have to be a really crap team

He doesnt NEED to come back to NBA tho.

He still wants to play, it's in his blood. Not sure about playin with the Poms but hey, he's playin..... And enjoying it.

he wont be back..
no team would want him..
i mean for a GM to say, "yeh i think dennis rodman could be the fit this team needs".. it would have to be a really crap team

celtics maybe. lol just kiddin chad, metallica, vlad and any other celt supporter on here lol

hmmmm.. interesting, what would be real funny, would be Dennis Rodman in the Sydney Kings. Besides.. Rolan Roberts just went down with injury, they need an inside presence, bahaha!

apparently a guy who was a few years ahead of me at school plays in the pom league, and he couldnt even make our school team or even a half decent social league player...but he went over, tried out and made it (helped he had a pommy birth certificate)

would be good for hype, but naaaa i cant see the rodman bak in the nba playing...would be great..but naaa..i think i heard somewhere shawn kemp wanted to make a comeback aswell?? probably just all talk lol.......kinda funny....but all rodman has to do is box out and stuff...remember after the bulls (in the lockout year) with the lakers..he was crying cause he wasnt getting paid enough? wonder if he comes back what team he would consider....but what team would want a 44 year old?..maybe sign him to a 1 year deal?..be exciting for the nba to have him back....again haha (sounds a bit like MJ)

Yeah must be something to do with the bulls...Horace Grant will be making a comeback soon....LOL

Would be good to see if he could still match it with the better rebounders of todays game....Kenyon Martin etc...

if he comes back everything he does will make nba history lol.....oldest guy to get 1 rebound...oldest guy to get a tech foul...oldest guy to play more than 1 minute lol..oldest guy to get thrown out of a game etc....and i wonder what number he will wear this time? 44? remember #73 for the lakers and #91 for the bulls

jimboiitmac said:
hmmmm.. interesting, what would be real funny, would be Dennis Rodman in the Sydney Kings. Besides.. Rolan Roberts just went down with injury, they need an inside presence, bahaha!

Which is why they signed Sedric Webber.

The Worm won't play in the NBL or in the NBA. Hang them up Worm. Just look at Mike's comeback. Let us remember you as a rebounding machine, and not some old grandpa hauling ass for the Celtics!!!!

Back
Top Bottom