Remaining 2013 ESP Elite Parallel Case cards to be destroyed shortly!

I don't know how old u think I am, but I have worked my arse off for 20 years to get what I have in cards probably earning less than you do. I know what I want in cards and that's what I buy when I can afford it. Clearly I missed something somewhere along the way. Obviously there is a lot in the trading card business that I don't understand. From now on, I will keep my opinions to myself, which is what you should do before shooting your mouth off about someone you have never met and don't even know

I'm glad they're taking this stance, People seem to be under the impression that because it doesn't sell out that it is somewhat devalued.
They hold off waiting for the price to come down...

Collectors will soon realise that if you want it, You best get it while you can... It won't wait for you whilst you make your mind up.
I disagree, if it doesn't sell out it is because the price is too high. Simple economics of supply and demand should set the price.

Even if they don't sell out they should still keep them for sale at the original asking price if need be but as the cards are serial numbered they should not be destroyed unless they are willing to re-stamp everybody's card who bought one with the new number.

as you said, us poor buggers can't afford it.
So how are are you going to buy a case.
I suggest you pay more attention to the site and participate in whats going on.
We have all had a chance to buy items.
Pay attention in school, get a job, work your arse off, then you can afford to pay for cards.

That's a bit harsh.

I don't know how old u think I am, but I have worked my arse off for 20 years to get what I have in cards probably earning less than you do. I know what I want in cards and that's what I buy when I can afford it. Clearly I missed something somewhere along the way. Obviously there is a lot in the trading card business that I don't understand. From now on, I will keep my opinions to myself, which is what you should do before shooting your mouth off about someone you have never met and don't even know

Don't do that. It's a card forum, everyone's allowed to have a say or ask a question.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with supply and demand.
If it doesn't sell and they're in a position to destroy them
They supplied 50 of each (at $200) and there wasn't enough demand for 50 of each at there price sounds like it has everything to do with economics.

Apart from Atari I can't think of any other company that destroys products rather than trying to sell them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial

While I didn't purchase one of these I think it is a good iniative, it helps protect the value of the issue. Its not like they were only available for a few hours or days there was plenty of time to get one if you wanted to.

If you bought one early (the main supporters of thew product)the last thing you want to see is the same cards sold off for half the price in a fire sale to those that waited.

While I didn't purchase one of these I think it is a good iniative, it helps protect the value of the issue. Its not like they were only available for a few hours or days there was plenty of time to get one if you wanted to.

If you bought one early (the main supporters of thew product)the last thing you want to see is the same cards sold off for half the price in a fire sale to those that waited.

Ahhhh.... Common sense!!
They wanted $200 for them, They sold most - Destroyed the rest.
Good on them for having the backbone to stand up for the integrity of the product they produce.
Realistically, They probably cut up $10 worth of cards....
And now collectors know they won't be dropping their pants for them.

I also think destroying the left over cards is a great idea. Batboy is 100% correct in saying that Riff has every right to say if these cards are not all sold by a certain day and time, bad luck you had your chance to buy for months. This also keeps the collectors wanting to try and save up to buy a certain card for their collection before it either sells out or is destroyed.

I agree with batboy! Which doesnt usually happen but i think hes nailed it here.

Rif has forever stuck to his guns with prices and it's been no different here

The reason i dislike esp so much is that nothing so far has held any real value, which is something i appreciated about select

The four brothers parallel was it sd seperate like the case cards or is it the ones in packs?

I was out of the hobby for a while so missed my chance at buying the smith/gallen when they first come out. Have since bought one off here though luckily

no I do not know you or your situation, as with a lot of people, a lot of people on this site are the same we scripm and save and do deals to get what we want or need to finish sets.
All I am saying is do not whinge about not getting an opportunity to purchase items. Do a deal with somebody to get the items you are chasing, there are plenty of collectors on this site willing to help other collectors get what there after.

The last thing post I will say on the matter is that in my opinion the destruction of the cards doesn't benefit the card collectors it only benefits the investors.

Despite what may have been interpreted in my earlier posts the price of the card does not need to be lowered (I think the price for a non-sig parallel was too high to begin with but that is another debate) but the cards could sit on the shelves for the same price for 5 years. To the collector that bought one it does not make an ounce of difference as they wanted the card for their collection and they got it. But by destroying them the investor who bought them trying to make a quick buck (which they are perfectly entitled to do) can finally try to sell their cards on the secondary market as no one can buy them at the original issue price.

As I said before given the cards were serial numbered out of 50 ESP and Rif should have ensured the cards were kept available for sale so that all cards got out to the market.

I know I'm way late to this thread but I just wanted to add my thought. I think it is so stupid and a massive waste to destroy numbered cards that haven't sold out buy a certain date. Why not just keep them for sale on ESP website or run a competition etc? They are sold as being numbered to 50 so keep it to the actual 50.
Just my thoughts :)

I know I'm way late to this thread but I just wanted to add my thought. I think it is so stupid and a massive waste to destroy numbered cards that haven't sold out buy a certain date. Why not just keep them for sale on ESP website or run a competition etc? They are sold as being numbered to 50 so keep it to the actual 50.
Just my thoughts :)

At least kept 40 to make even number.
i wonder Did David Get #36 in these.

Back
Top Bottom