Ray strikes again??

He is just shill bidding right - im mean how obvious can you make it??

According to his description he is going to live forever..........pity.

Its been relisted because wegotstock99 bought it. Wasnt he the same guy from HK who Bondgirl and Rubes-PMG seller accused this same guy of rejecting payment after finding out who they were? I find it funny that he bid on his auctions again and someone probably informed him its the same seller so he is rejecting paying for it.

I dont think its shill bidding. Obviously wegotstock99 was willing to pay that much for it. Why is that when this guy lists an auction and sells for crazy amounts, it shill bidding? But if someone buys it for that amount from another seller, its cool? Just asking this question.

Its been relisted because wegotstock99 bought it. Wasnt he the same guy from HK who Bondgirl and Rubes-PMG seller accused this same guy of rejecting payment after finding out who they were? I find it funny that he bid on his auctions again and someone probably informed him its the same seller so he is rejecting paying for it.

I dont think its shill bidding. Obviously wegotstock99 was willing to pay that much for it. Why is that when this guy lists an auction and sells for crazy amounts, it shill bidding? But if someone buys it for that amount from another seller, its cool? Just asking this question.

Because he's known to shill auctions!?

doesnt look like an obvious shill bid tho. could be legit...re-listing gives the shill bidding some more credit, but i wouldnt call this particular sale 'obvious'...

Good call on wegotstock99 being the top bidder and yes, it is the same guy that was accused of the scam. How about the auctions in post #38 of this thread, any idea why that was relisted?

Good call on wegotstock99 being the top bidder and yes, it is the same guy that was accused of the scam. How about the auctions in post #38 of this thread, any idea why that was relisted?

Its tough to say with some auctions. I think that Jordan patch was relisted moreso because buyer didnt pay. I could be wrong. But it seems like there are alot of auctions that go unpaid for these days. I had 2 buyers back out this week with dumb excuses. One said he just didnt have the money because he spent it over the weekend lol. Umm then why did you bid on my auction last minute on sunday night if you had spent your money already? Sorry excuses everywhre!

---------- Post added 12-09-2011 at 08:53 PM ----------

Because he's known to shill auctions!?

I think shilling is the norm in most auctions these days anytime something looks suspect. Ebay is making it tougher to find out more and more everyday. They hide names. They let it happen all day long. There is a lot of questionable business going on out there when it comes to final ending prices.

I think the one example everyone seems to overlook is Ending prices on auctions that never go through. There seems to be more and more auctions ending higher and higher and we dont know for certain if the card actually switches hands. And if people are going to determine market price based on recent sales, then that throws everything into a whirlpool in my opinion.

You know there's this '2nd chance offer' thing... if the first guy won't pay for it you can offer it to the second... Or you know, maybe mention in the description why you've relisted it so it doesn't look completely fishy, like the MJ Scripted he relisted for a higher BIN...

You know there's this '2nd chance offer' thing... if the first guy won't pay for it you can offer it to the second... Or you know, maybe mention in the description why you've relisted it so it doesn't look completely fishy, like the MJ Scripted he relisted for a higher BIN...

I have seen a ton of people relist cards due to non payment and they dont mention anything from the previous sale. Whats even worse is when someone relists a card because the previous buyer didnt pay and they still leave positive feedback. Thats total nonsense.

As the 2nd high bidder of an auction, I always decline when given a 2nd chance offer because I always feels like the winner might not have been liegit. Usually the card sells for less the 2nd time around as well.

I think the real quesetion at hand is to ask why wegotstock99 can break a legal contract and not pay and nobody finds that to be wrong. Its funny how we give passes to people because we happen not to like the other person. I think wegotstock99 should be suspended from ebay for continously not paying up for auctions he/she wins

I have seen a ton of people relist cards due to non payment and they dont mention anything from the previous sale. Whats even worse is when someone relists a card because the previous buyer didnt pay and they still leave positive feedback. Thats total nonsense.

As the 2nd high bidder of an auction, I always decline when given a 2nd chance offer because I always feels like the winner might not have been liegit. Usually the card sells for less the 2nd time around as well.

..which is kinda my point...

Also with someone so fishy like this guy (what will his next username be...?) don't you think it's in your best interests to mention that it wasn't paid for..? I mean the Jordan is a joke. It 'sells', then a whole month later he relists it with a much higher BIN price than it 'sold' for...

I had an open mind to this guy and was trying to get a card off him. However his ebay behaviour is pretty damn suss.

I think the real quesetion at hand is to ask why wegotstock99 can break a legal contract and not pay and nobody finds that to be wrong. Its funny how we give passes to people because we happen not to like the other person. I think wegotstock99 should be suspended from ebay for continously not paying up for auctions he/she wins

If I won an auction off of Ray when I initially didn't realize who it was I wouldn't be paying for it either, so no, it's not wrong.

Frankly all you seem to do is defend the guy, which I find a bit strange.

If I won an auction off of Ray when I initially didn't realize who it was I wouldn't be paying for it either, so no, it's not wrong.

Frankly all you seem to do is defend the guy, which I find a bit strange.

I dont defend him. Maybe im defending him as much as those who defended good ole bbal...but that was okay i guess. Thats like saying you defend those who purposely bid and dont pay. Arent both unfair? Why should we keep putting the blame on one party but claim the other innocent. There have been enough threads of his username change. Its not hard to keep up with.

I think both parties are dumb. One for changing his name so often and the other for the sake of non stop bidding.

What seems very strange is he is accused of shilling this auction. then we find out the bidder was legit. So was it shilled or not? Did the buyer pay or not? If the buyer didnt pay then he himself broke the rules just like shilling is breaking the rules

I dont defend him. Maybe im defending him as much as those who defended good ole bbal...but that was okay i guess. Thats like saying you defend those who purposely bid and dont pay. Arent both unfair? Why should we keep putting the blame on one party but claim the other innocent. There have been enough threads of his username change. Its not hard to keep up with.

I think both parties are dumb. One for changing his name so often and the other for the sake of non stop bidding.

What seems very strange is he is accused of shilling this auction. then we find out the bidder was legit. So was it shilled or not? Did the buyer pay or not? If the buyer didnt pay then he himself broke the rules just like shilling is breaking the rules

I didn't say he shilled this auction, but that the others were right to suspect that as he has been known to do it (amongst all his other shady activities). Again, what is wrong with WGS!? Are YOU comfortable paying for an auction from a known scammer/dodgy character?

..which is kinda my point...

Also with someone so fishy like this guy (what will his next username be...?) don't you think it's in your best interests to mention that it wasn't paid for..? I mean the Jordan is a joke. It 'sells', then a whole month later he relists it with a much higher BIN price than it 'sold' for...

I had an open mind to this guy and was trying to get a card off him. However his ebay behaviour is pretty damn suss.

Raising your BIN or BO price in my opinion is ok. We cant tell people what to price their cards at. If anyone things they can get that, let them. Maybe the card will sell for more. Who knows

---------- Post added 13-09-2011 at 05:04 AM ----------

I didn't say he shilled this auction, but that the others were right to suspect that as he has been known to do it (amongst all his other shady activities). Again, what is wrong with WGS!? Are YOU comfortable paying for an auction from a known scammer/dodgy character?

If he has a card that I want for a price that I wanted for, id bid. Ill watch out to see if its shilled. But if its being shilled, I wouldnt bid. As for dodgy character? I think a good 25% of sellers of sports cards are dodgy. Im sure we are blindly buying cards from dodgy sellers all day long. I used to want to inform people of these questionable characters in the past, but now I dont. It seems like you get trashed when you question those who are "friendly" to certain forums. Its a no win situation.

/\/\ granted the winner has 0 feedback, but hes also had very little to do with (bidding wise) the seller. the 'winner' only made a single bid (the winning one) on this item aswell.

Stll seems a little suss to me, zero feedback and nothing to indicate he's a new member, I dunno.

yeah, its a little suspect, but everyone starts on 0. not sure how you can tell hes not a new member? cant see any bids more than 3 days ago...?
the one thing saving him (for me) is that hes bid on so many things from quite a number of different sellers. most single bids.
maybe hes just unlucky and hasnt won anything yet?

Back
Top Bottom