PS3 NBA2K13 Online Association

That's actually pretty cool. Cause you get the continuity of the league not lagging, as well as being able to see what other people are doing and top that! Very cool.

So what teams are currently taken? I'm keen to jump in tomorrow arvo when my exam is done. Real live rosters?

Also man 1 calendar day every 3 hours is heaps. So you go through a week in a day?! You really gotta play your games then, don't most NBA teams play at least 3-4 games a week. Haha so that's in a day farout.

Haha, no. We play a 29 game season so it probably works out to be about a game per NBA week. Yes, restricting it to 4 weeks ahead does keep everyone stats relative unlike previous years where some teams finish the season and other teams are back on 5 games completed. Has all the usual players of the week, and month awards and end of season awards too....rather than last year when we had to do a poll lol

It was a fantasy draft so rosters vary greatly, but with all the trading and the upcoming FA period and new rookie draft our teams are always changing anyways. I think when you go in and select a team to take over it will show you the 3 main players on each team before you select one. Just search for league OCT and password ozcard

Haha, no. We play a 29 game season so it probably works out to be about a game per NBA week. Yes, restricting it to 4 weeks ahead does keep everyone stats relative unlike previous years where some teams finish the season and other teams are back on 5 games completed. Has all the usual players of the week, and month awards and end of season awards too....rather than last year when we had to do a poll lol

It was a fantasy draft so rosters vary greatly, but with all the trading and the upcoming FA period and new rookie draft our teams are always changing anyways. I think when you go in and select a team to take over it will show you the 3 main players on each team before you select one. Just search for league OCT and password ozcard

Hey now, the poll was still fun :p

It was our way of showing that we were into it. Great can't wait - I'll see you guys online tomorrow night :)

PS. Hopefully the gameplay isn't too different to 2K11. Not keen to jump on and get whooped too many times to start off with haha.

well it definently seems like the CPU AI is a bobcats fan man that was frustrating....good luck Nen...

if its any consolation i spent the last 2 minutes trying to break some if not all of the bones in Kobe Bryants body....FAIL

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 07:37 PM ----------

PS. Hopefully the gameplay isn't too different to 2K11. Not keen to jump on and get whooped too many times to start off with haha.

alot harder to score in the paint this year...3 ball and mid range jumpers are the keys this year

Hey now, the poll was still fun :p

It was our way of showing that we were into it. Great can't wait - I'll see you guys online tomorrow night :)

Uhhh don't expect it to be anything like 2k11 :lol: For 1 thing, never try to pass the ball into the paint..in fact, when starting out, never try to pass the ball as you would have in 2k11...you simply can't. Also, jumpshots, take them, alot of them, all the time, from everywhere, the D sags off.

well it definently seems like the CPU AI is a bobcats fan man that was frustrating....good luck Nen...

if its any consolation i spent the last 2 minutes trying to break some if not all of the bones in Kobe Bryants body....FAIL

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 07:37 PM ----------

alot harder to score in the paint this year...3 ball and mid range jumpers are the keys this year

I have found it easier to score in the paint since the last patch though. Previously it wasn't unheard of for me to have 6 PIP to 46 :lol: And that wasn't a choice either...I simply could not get it done in there...

Damn, Bobcats...they crushed me in the final game of the season...made me cry...nearly :lol: Hard luck. Do we know how long it takes Playoff games to Sim? Cause After about 10 tonight, I likely won't be able to get on again for at least 24 hours...so I could possibly miss the entire 2nd round of the playoffs?

Uhhh don't expect it to be anything like 2k11 :lol: For 1 thing, never try to pass the ball into the paint..in fact, when starting out, never try to pass the ball as you would have in 2k11...you simply can't. Also, jumpshots, take them, alot of them, all the time, from everywhere, the D sags off.

Well knowing me it's likely I find a way to get it in there ;)

If not no biggie. I've spent the last few months playing 2K11 MP where my dude is rated like 97 and he's made all his money as a shooter ;)

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

I look forward to it though. For 2k12 MP I'm thinking of making a PF/C to try something new.

Well knowing me it's likely I find a way to get it in there ;)

If not no biggie. I've spent the last few months playing 2K11 MP where my dude is rated like 97 and he's made all his money as a shooter ;)

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 08:46 PM ----------

I look forward to it though. For 2k12 MP I'm thinking of making a PF/C to try something new.

Well if anyone can, you can Jimbo! :D I think you're the only guy I have ever played a zone against cause if you play a zone against anyone else you get dominated :lol: But that won't happen in 2k12...that'd be even more suicidal than trying to play off-ball D and letting the CPU defend the shooters...or should I say, watching the shooters...as they drop shot after shot on you...

Do we know how long it takes Playoff games to Sim? Cause After about 10 tonight, I likely won't be able to get on again for at least 24 hours...so I could possibly miss the entire 2nd round of the playoffs?

Think it will depend on the results at 10pm. There are 3 series left, if any of those series get tied up then the Game 3 of that series isn't for another 12 hours. If they all end up being sweeps then maybe the game will be available immediately.

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 09:22 PM ----------

Actually, looks like Giddles played his game and tied the series so it has to go to a game 3....i think you'll be safe for 24 hrs

Everyone been scouting rookie prospects??
With the draft and FA just around the corner should be able to give Orlando a bit of a flush

Going into next season with...

PG Curry / ...........
SG ......... / Eyenga
SF Granger / ...........
PF Ibaka / .............
C .......... / Pryzilla

Restricted Free Agents
M Gasol
A Afflalo

Unristricted Free Agents
A Kirilenko
L Powe
J Thompson (would like to keep)
V Carter
K Koufos

Also have 114 points to chuck at training camps, now it's just a waiting game.. :)

I've kept the scouts busy but haven't read to much into their reports until i know where i'm actually drafting.

Currently i'm looking at:

PG Rose / Gibson
SG Kev Martin / Morrow / T.White
SF Beasley / Budinger
PF E.Davis / Murphy / R.Evans
C Dalembert / D.Jordon

Red are guys that are off contract. Maybe look at grabbing another young PF. I could use a another backup PG. Definetly a SF if Beasley leaves. I'll recruit in FA and then draft by need.

I've kept the scouts busy but haven't read to much into their reports until i know where i'm actually drafting.

Currently i'm looking at:

PG Rose / Gibson
SG Kev Martin / Morrow / T.White
SF Beasley / Budinger
PF E.Davis / Murphy / R.Evans
C Dalembert / D.Jordon

Red are guys that are off contract. Maybe look at grabbing another young PF. I could use a another backup PG. Definetly a SF if Beasley leaves. I'll recruit in FA and then draft by need.

Losing B Easy would be a blow, wonder wether the draft order will run during finals..?

Jimboi pretty cool that you'll be able to get in a preseason prior to season 2 kickoff
At least you'll be able to put your own hook on whatever team you choose through FA and maybe draft not sure if all teams still have a pick

Losing B Easy would be a blow, wonder wether the draft order will run during finals..?

Jimboi pretty cool that you'll be able to get in a preseason prior to season 2 kickoff
At least you'll be able to put your own hook on whatever team you choose through FA and maybe draft not sure if all teams still have a pick

Sure sounds like it. What round is the playoffs atm?

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

I also see that 2K isn't doing the league in text form on their website.. Must have had some maintenance problems or something..

Sure sounds like it. What round is the playoffs atm?

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

I also see that 2K isn't doing the league in text form on their website.. Must have had some maintenance problems or something..

2k are opening new site some time this century NBA2K.com | Home should open a lot of new doors for association

Finals are at round 2 almost

Team as it stands:

PG: DJ Augustin / Luke Ridnour / Eric Maynor
SG: Nick Young / Charlie Bell
SF: Rudy Gay / Jared Dudley
PF: Jeff Green / Darrell Arthur / Jason Smith
C: DeMarcus Cousins / Ronny Turiaf / Semih Erden

Red are guys that are off contract. Would hope that DJ comes back, but not holding my breath. Could save some cash by having him leave anyway since I have Ridnour and Maynor (both of whom are very capable and much much cheaper). Bell has been a good fill in off the bench, but unless he wants minimum I'll probably let him walk and fill the void from FA or Draft. Young WILL be returning :lol: Very interested in keeping Smith, so likely will. Turiaf was a cheap return, so I brought him back, which probably spells the end to Erden despite his solid improvement (without playing a single game, that I controlled anyway).

Not sure what needs filling most. Since I locked up my PFs and my SFs have another 3-4 years on their contracts, I guess SG is my only real need. If no DJ, a young PG to develop could be good. A reserve quality C wouldn't go a miss either :)

my team as it stands

PG: aaron brooks/ steve blake
SG: stephen jackson/mike miller/gary neal
SF: kevin durant/quentin richardson
PF: paul millsap/udonis haslem/channing fyre
C: tyson chandler/zydrunas ilgauskas

will be going after the best player left in the draft when it comes to my pick need a upcoming center and a either a sg or a pg depending if brooks stays , since ilgauskas retired gonna need a big c to help chandler in the paint

---------- Post added 10-11-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

about to play emveespree in the semi conference finals best outta 3 gonna be a battle

---------- Post added 10-11-2011 at 10:50 AM ----------

well i knew it would happen , just got slaughtered by chicago(emveespree) in the first game , he was unstoppable in this game cp3 just wouldnt miss after the first quarter of shooting 17% fg i knew i was gonna , i was missing everything open shots , layups and got out rebounded HARD 21 to 48 3 offense to his 14 lol , exact opposite of our season game lol well i can safely say ill see you all next season lol

Haha, i was talking to Andrew yesterday and we said to each other --- there is no way Jimbo goes past Dallas.

You just picked one of only 2 remaining CPU team in the playoffs so that means you now have games to play against JayRoy. I think Game 1 is due by 10pm tonight ;)

I'm in guys. Lots of quality teams. Lakers had D-Wade and a team had LeBron - but I couldn't go past the inside/outside combination of Dwight Howard and Deron Williams at Dallas.

Get ready to spend mucho casho Dwill and D12 are both UFA: )

Back
Top Bottom