Postage costs

johnsmithysmithy

Banned User
Real Name
Andrew & Joseph
eBay User
userid4576
Hi guys

people with postage apparently of course people want cards to arrive in good condition but aren't willing to pay the cost for the card to arrive in good condition.

i think its stupid when people complain about 5 bucks or more to post a card in padded envelope. Nothing is free guys it cost to buy the padded envelope, go to the post office, then they charge you to post it go figure. So people who complain that it costs more than 50 cents to post something in padded bag are idiots.

Get real people if you want to buy a card from some were across the other side of Australia it costs money if you don't like it costs you 5 bucks to buy the card what is quite cheap then go to you re local shop and buy that card.

but thats it it doesnt cost that much and im guessing you brought this up after i complained about your friend who tried to sell me a card worth $1 for $4.50 posted in a padded envelope after i told him i wouldnt take a plain envelope.

It doesnt cost $3.50 to post something. For a small padded bag size 0 is 95c and 2 stamps are $1.10. Total would be $2.05 plus the card = $3.05. Ok now if you wanted to charge me for the top loader well then i could accept $3.50 but i dont want to be overcharged on postage.

Hi guys

people with postage apparently of course people want cards to arrive in good condition but aren't willing to pay the cost for the card to arrive in good condition.

i think its stupid when people complain about 5 bucks or more to post a card in padded envelope. Nothing is free guys it cost to buy the padded envelope, go to the post office, then they charge you to post it go figure. So people who complain that it costs more than 50 cents to post something in padded bag are idiots.

Get real people if you want to buy a card from some were across the other side of Australia it costs money if you don't like it costs you 5 bucks to buy the card what is quite cheap then go to you re local shop and buy that card.

hahahah what a crook of.......

It cost's excatly the same whether its sent within the same suburb, the same city, the same state or, yes, even across the country. If you think your time is to precious then dont deal with a side hobby!!

Anyone that sells on forums such as these, or even ebay but to a lesser extent, should not expect or need to make money from postage!

At least one thing has come from this, I know NOT to buy anything off of you.

:rolleyes:

It doesnt cost $3.50 to post something. For a small padded bag size 0 is 95c and 2 stamps are $1.10. Total would be $2.05 plus the card = $3.05. Ok now if you wanted to charge me for the top loader well then i could accept $3.50 but i dont want to be overcharged on postage.

This is the truth!!! Anything else and you need to find a new hobby! I can understand people that actuay use ebay as a form of bussiness charging more, but as a hobby, gtfo!

lol mate

not there to make money off postage it doesn't cost the same to post everywhere. If you live in a regional place it cost more. Lol recovering cost more like yer you but the padded bag and the pay costs for the postage what isn't like two stamps like you think. then of course you have to go the post office it cost you money weird to me that 5 dollars is a rip off who cares if it a 1 dollar card of 500 dollar card. Postage costs increase if there is insurance on a expensive card

if you're so tight with money why are you buying cards in the first place. Most place on ebay charge you about four or five dollars to send a card it covers all there costs and that is it. Its not a free service to post stuff. If someone was charging you 15 to 20 bucks to post a cheap card with no insurance i could understand but 5 bucks you got be joking be lucky to get much for 5 bucks these days

lol mate

not there to make money off postage it doesn't cost the same to post everywhere. If you live in a regional place it cost more. Lol recovering cost more like yer you but the padded bag and the pay costs for the postage what isn't like two stamps like you think. then of course you have to go the post office it cost you money weird to me that 5 dollars is a rip off who cares if it a 1 dollar card of 500 dollar card. Postage costs increase if there is insurance on a expensive card

if you're so tight with money why are you buying cards in the first place. Most place on ebay charge you about four or five dollars to send a card it covers all there costs and that is it. Its not a free service to post stuff. If someone was charging you 15 to 20 bucks to post a cheap card with no insurance i could understand but 5 bucks you got be joking be lucky to get much for 5 bucks these days

I'm sorry but i don't understand anything you just wrote in the first paragraph.

To reply to the 2nd paragraph. This isn't ebay, you don't charge over the top prices for postage.

I charge $3 postage, includes padded bag Toploader, softsleeve and stamps, I also post up to 10 cards for $3, no 50 cents extra per card, costs the same until you go over the weight or thickness limits, its people who charge $8-10 US in aus that give me the willys, I dont even bother watching the card or contacting the seller about the postage, just loose a potential customer.
Rob

lol mate you think the card magically just jumps into a padded envelope get packaged and magic fairies take the card to post office and send it out to you.

You forget its shipping and handling costs.

Im sure the type of person who buy some takeaway and goes my pizza costs me 6 dollars **** off im want it for 60 cents.

Grow up people this inst 1989 were i could buy 100 little sweets for a dollar its 2009 were you're lucky to buy anything for under a dollar.

Mate i hate to see what would you do if someone charged you for case of cards like 50 dollars for postage you would complain that like 5kgs or more didn't cost 5 dollars to post across Australia

lol mate you think the card magically just jumps into a padded envelope get packaged and magic fairies take the card to post office and send it out to you.

You forget its shipping and handling costs.

Im sure the type of person who buy some takeaway and goes my pizza costs me 6 dollars **** off im want it for 60 cents.

Grow up people this inst 1989 were i could buy 100 little sweets for a dollar its 2009 were you're lucky to buy anything for under a dollar.

Mate i hate to see what would you do if someone charged you for case of cards like 50 dollars for postage you would complain that like 5kgs or more didn't cost 5 dollars to post across Australia

you sound like the dumb w@nker who who charged me an extra $8 because he had to walk to the post office to send the card which was in his time and as he put it "time is money"

but thats it it doesnt cost that much and im guessing you brought this up after i complained about your friend who tried to sell me a card worth $1 for $4.50 posted in a padded envelope after i told him i wouldnt take a plain envelope.

and if you buy by a box of 100 I think they come down to about 47c each. so there is 50 cents for handling charge :lol:

johnsmithysmithy - how do you expect anyone on here to deal with you after reading this thread. I only charge the stamp price and sometimes dont even charge for postage. I recycle padded envelopes/sleeves and toploaders so it costs me nothing. If you are going to start charging for petrol, time, car insurance, car registration, wear and tear on your car/tyres etc you are not going to make many deals on here :rolleyes:.

Members on this forum should help each other out not count every cent, this is a hobby not a profitable business.

Why would anyone charge for handling? Most people walk past/drive past a post box during their daily routine, be it on the way to work, the gym, shops wherever...

lol mate

Alright, firstly I haven't the slightest idea what this bloke is trying to say and secondly, is there a need to argue of postage?
I simply have free postage, it takes a decent person to just put up a straight price for the card(s) (no matter how much it costs) and go and worry about the postage costs in their own time. I think it should be free postage across the board, I know others will not agree but I don't enjoy arguing.

Alright, firstly I haven't the slightest idea what this bloke is trying to say and secondly, is there a need to argue of postage?
I simply have free postage, it takes a decent person to just put up a straight price for the card(s) (no matter how much it costs) and go and worry about the postage costs in their own time. I think it should be free postage across the board, I know others will not agree but I don't enjoy arguing.

Free postage for a 99 cent card, may as well give it away after you take out listing fees, value added fee, paypal fee, you are probably paying to get rid of a card,

lol mate

No it doesn't!!! Regular post cost EXACTLY the same ANYWHERE in Australia, for the same Item, packed and posted the same way!!! Get that that through your head first!!!!!!

Secondly, this isn't bloody Ebay, and a lot of people trade/sell on here for that very reason....... I will always pay a tad more for postage off of the bay because I know it costs people just to list the item.

We all haven't got money to wipe our backsides with, but, from a lot of your posts it seems that you have. Some of us have family's and such to deal with, so postage and associated costs are a big deal for a lot of us.

At the end of the day, you seem to think you know a lot more then you actualy do and get up alot of people for it.

Have fun trying to get any deals on this forum again!

Because it may only have 1 bid, lol I start all auctions at 99 cents, so 1 bid means 99c
That's very decent, I just wouldn't sell a card if there was a possibility of making 1 dollar from it.

Hello,

If I may please add my 2cents in please guys.

If you're selling a card for 0.99 then it would not be fair to yourself if you gave free postage aswell. Especially if you were to receive payment via Paypal.

The 0.90cents size "0" padded envelope, $1.10 postage stamps, and 0.50cents toploader is the exact cost involved in sending up to 5-10 cards all over Australia (this depends on how many toploaders you use because if it goes over a certain thickness and/or 500grams in weight then it will cost a bit more). But when I hear people asking or stating they still "need to drive/walk to the post office" and they need to cover this cost in postage and handling charges then that just annoys me. If that's the case then people may aswell write they will be charging the current petrol price (e.g. $1.20) for each litre of petrol they will need. Total rubbish.

Sorry Graham for posting here when you did write and post the link to the official postage complaints thread, where this thread should belong. :v:

Regards

Back
Top Bottom