PMG's - Why are bball so much more than football/baseball?

drsma1

Show us your J Lambs
Real Name
David
Football and baseball seem relatively cheap in comparison? The ones currently listed anyway. Why arent they as sort after?

It's not that they aren't as sort after it's simply the size of the set and player selection. Baseball and Football have more "stars" so therefore the sets are larger which means that getting a pmg of a star is easier. When you consider that the average basketball base set is 100-120 cards, the average football set is 200 cards and the average baseball set is 300 (all numbers for a single series set) you see my point.

I think the football ones are numbered to 150 as well compared to only 100 in basketball. but ya i constantly see 20$ BIN PMG reds in football whereas the cheapest basketball PMG go for around 200ish.

baseball had its 90s insert craze happen a few years back. It went gangbusters just like basketball 90s inserts are doing today. In my opinion the baseball collectors have had their fill and are now quiet. Plus in baseball, there are so much to chase down for PC collectors. Those who needed and wated it for their PC's have now picked it up which helps settle the market.

In my opinion the Basketball 90s craze especially on the PMG reds has more to do with very few PC collectors battling it out against Speculators/investors who are looking to flip it for $$. When a card like the Jordan PMG goes from a $2k card to selling for $11k in less than a year, it will attract those looking to make a dime off flipping cards. The two types of bidders duel it out and you get these crazy prices. You can tally it up to demand!!

Back
Top Bottom