PARRA"whatthehellsthe"MATTA???

#1 Eels fan

a 1 eyed EELS supporter
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Mighty Eels
I Love my eels, they are the best, but even i have to ask "the best at what?"

We are on our fourth coach in 3 years (including Taylor) numerous players have left and not not many have arrived, WHY?, and now we have Finch who wanted out and got it, "what the hell".

I know Finch was not the best half-back around but he is good and he was the best half-back we had, now what? shuffle a few players around? introduce a lower grade half back into the position, a half-back that wasn't good enough to get the position when Finch was there?

There is news that there will be some others to go as well, even cayless our captain for the past 8-10 years was mentioned, comments about player egos have been mentioned.

i know it's easy for me to sit back and have a rant but that's how i see it.
so if anyone can tell me the truth then please do because as a devoted eels fan i am increasingly becoming frustrated at my much loved team that has a heap of talent in various positions either not wanting to be there or are just being misguided

Cheers dave

"I Love My Eels"

Have faith in Daniel Anderson, i rate him as a coach but like most new coaches he may need a couple of years. If Cayless comes on the market, i hope the Sharks pursue him aggressively. Finch isnt the greatest half back around, in my opinion he is average, There are massive raps on the Mortimer kid and having Joey at training alot would be awesome for any young half.
This is not the end of the world, but if it was Mateo who left, for parra fans it would be.
If hes not Selected for the Blues this year, it will be another case of NSW selectors losing Origin for us before a game has been played.

If WHO's not selected for origin? Mateo??? Can't you pick an AUSSIE without having to poach another islander? This is why world rugby league will not prosper in the forseeable future. Sure, Oz, NZ and the Poms will keep going, but geez, give the smaller countries a go, huh??? I can see why you'd want him in a Blues jersey, hell I would too. But he's not an Aussie!

Anderson is a nutter, that's why the Warriors got rod of him. He made some of the best players leave the club, in Lauiti'iti, and was trying to force Stacey Jones out.

Finch is one of the players at the club that did give 100% each week ... although ideally they could have had a better player there, I'd have been looking elsewhere if I was going to cut players.

But anyway, after you have had Michael Hagan coaching you, you need a coach to come in and cut all the useless/underperforming/unmotivated players ... so if Anderson is going to do that then it will be a good thing for Parra in the long run. Look at what Brian Smith has done at Newcastle after taking over from Hagan, he has completely turned the club around.

Still, Finch, and talk of Nathan Cayless ... no way I'd be cutting those two.

Hmm born in Auburn NSW, doesnt make you Aussie??
Giving smaller countries a go and not letting them play origin is a contradiction in terms!
The ARL forces the hand of players who qualify for 2 countries by not allowing them to play origin if they dont make themselves eligible for Australia. New Zealand and many other pacific nations have lost great talent to Australia strictly because of their passion to play Origin. This has hindered the possibilties of a competitive International rugby league games for years.
Coming from a Queenslander your comments are quite amusing, Karmichael Hunt and Petero Civinoceva (to name just a few from last year alone) who from your comments you wouldnt classify as Aussies and many more past and present like this or whos heritage is not Australian.
Just because you were born overseas, doesnt mean you dont have the necessary passion to play for NSW or QLD. You can play junior footy for your state if you arent born here, so why is there a difference in the seniors.

Hmm born in Auburn NSW, doesnt make you Aussie??
Giving smaller countries a go and not letting them play origin is a contradiction in terms!
The ARL forces the hand of players who qualify for 2 countries by not allowing them to play origin if they dont make themselves eligible for Australia. New Zealand and many other pacific nations have lost great talent to Australia strictly because of their passion to play Origin. This has hindered the possibilties of a competitive International rugby league games for years.
Coming from a Queenslander your comments are quite amusing, Karmichael Hunt and Petero Civinoceva (to name just a few from last year alone) who from your comments you wouldnt classify as Aussies and many more past and present like this or whos heritage is not Australian.
Just because you were born overseas, doesnt mean you dont have the necessary passion to play for NSW or QLD. You can play junior footy for your state if you arent born here, so why is there a difference in the seniors.

Nah, matey. I moved to QLD with my family when I was six, still support the Blues with my brother, although my fathers gone to "the dark side"... lol! As for letting them play origin and still play for their countries of heritage, I'd be all for it. It's just that the NRL has made it apparent they're not budging any time soon on the issue. I'd like to see something like an Islander team in Origin, make it a tri-series, something like that. It's only 2 or 3 more games. And we saw how entertaining Tonga and Samoa were (also Fiji/PNG) and yet we only see these teams whenever the bigger nations can agree to a World Cup. And despite all the talk of building on a successful WC, where's the incentive to play for their countries of birth/heratige, if you only play 3 games every 4 years or so, and even then might get tied up in court trying to play ala MoiMoi and Tuiaki?

Heh axeman23, u know it should be mandatory for anyone who moves from 'down below' to the glory that is QLD to change their origin allegiance from that blue color to Maroon.............pls consider the pot stirred...........:)

I definately agreee on mateo playing for the blues. I know im a roosters fan but anasta has to go as well, give campese a run.

matt head hasnt had a solid club for a few years now good player hope he stays at saints ....
finch to melbourne i heard?haha i hope they do sign him dont no where he would play though ...

i believe Anderson is the right coach, he had taken the hapless warriors to the grand final then in England he took St Helens?? to grand finals so he has what it takes.

time is the key for the eels i think, time to get it together and obviously clean out the cupboard, so to speak,

Having said that i still get the feeling there is more to this finch wanting out thing and the look of the players as a team, they just don't seem happy.

that is just my rant

Cheers Dave

matt head hasnt had a solid club for a few years now good player hope he stays at saints ....
finch to melbourne i heard?haha i hope they do sign him dont no where he would play though ...

Finch would play 5/8 at Melbourne and Inglis would return to his rightful spot in the centres. It would be a great signing for them, and would greatly improve the balance of their side. Remember how well Parra went in 2007 when they had Tim Smith at halfback and Finch at 5/8?

As for Head, he's washed up, injury prone and over the hill. A poor replacement for Finch (although he's gotta do more than the number 19 who replaced Finch tonight).

Have faith in Daniel Anderson, i rate him as a coach but like most new coaches he may need a couple of years. If Cayless comes on the market, i hope the Sharks pursue him aggressively. Finch isnt the greatest half back around, in my opinion he is average, There are massive raps on the Mortimer kid and having Joey at training alot would be awesome for any young half.
This is not the end of the world, but if it was Mateo who left, for parra fans it would be.
If hes not Selected for the Blues this year, it will be another case of NSW selectors losing Origin for us before a game has been played.

it may def take sum time with anderson 2 gel, i rate mateo but have never seen his hands as slipery as friday nite, was like he was playing with stumps, another game or 2 like that n the blues may not select. persoanlly tho, i hope they dont, queenslander. hand in there dave, where been going thru similer at Penrith over prvious yrs, just gotta keep the faith.

I hate Parramatta, i really do but if Anderson wants to cleanout the joint and the CEO agrees, then that'll be good for Parra, couple of players been there too long. Hopefully for me they'll go along they're merry way losing :thumbsup:

PS. David are you aware of the horrible record the Eels have over the Tigers? That contributes to it but there's plenty more lol

haha eido parramatta arnt playing that great of football of late but nor are the tigers they have to make there tackles and stop droping the bloody ball that was a very boring game to watch this arvo against manly and i thought manly where pretty bad aswell long season ahead for a few teams i think

jono

Back
Top Bottom