Ozcards/Panini Giveaway - Panini Gold Standard Break and Giveaway! Enter now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Started in 1991.. bought my first pack from a christian bookshop of all places!!

2) I collect Michael Jordan and his heir, Kevin Durant!

3) The fact that it brought me up to speed with everything I had missed in about 10 years of wilderness and that i don't feel so weird about collecting cardboard now :lol:

1) When did you start collecting?
Around 1996 stopped then started again about 2007

2) Who do you collect?
Jason kidd, Grant Hill, 90s stars

3) What do you love about Ozcards?
Mostly the people, my fave sub forum to read is mailday pics! just love how people share their goodies and excitement!

I started collecting basketball cards when I was 14 years, in 1997.

2) Who do you collect?
Marcus Camby, Ray Allen... and a few more.

It's a real friendly community ! I love box breaks too. I don't write a lot but I'm still a loyal member :)

As a kid in late 1983, was in hospital and the kid in the next bed had an album of Scanlens cricket stickers - so of course I told mum I wanted one too. By the next year it became league footy stickers as well and by 1986 Scanlens stopped the stickers and did cards, we thought the cards were the coolest since we could play flicks - so thats when the "card" collection started.

Started my American card collection on a 1987 trip to the states, still have a pile of 1987 Topps Baseball and Football cards at home. Unfortunately I never knew about, saw or could buy what we now know as the best modern day sports card set - the 86/87 NBA Fleer cards on sale.

NBA collection actually started in 1991 , good old NBA Hoops, Fleer and Skybox. Drifted away from 1997 until ~2008

2) Who do you collect?'
T-Mac, Aussies (Bogut, Mills, Lauren Jackson mainly) and take a shine to the "retro" auto / jersey cards - Gervin, Gilmore, English, Dantley etc
Back in the 1990's Larry Nance - yep the Ayatollah of Slammola the first slam dunk winner and Run TMC's Mitch Richmond

Aussie Major League Baseballers - have at least 1 card of each of the 29 Australian's who have played MLB

NRL Canterbury Bulldogs Cards - commons, inserts and IP Autos.

Pretty much everyone here is not simply in it for the cash, Id say most are genuine collectors and willing to help each other out whether via trading or tips.

Since 1997

2) Who do you collect?
Anfernee Hardaway for 14 years!

Love to talk with people outside of US. Different cultures and different view of basketball.

Thanks.

1) started collecting in 1995 and took a break for a while and got back into it more so when i meet my 2nd wife (or wife to be really, ,my first wife used to spend all the money) and she has a better job than me so i actually had money to spend on cards again...lol

2)kobe is my main player, but have some nice cards in my lebron/durant 2nd collection and am piecing together nicer pmg green/reds

3)its just such a great community, everyone here is friendly and helpful, i believe the trust factor is better than we give it credit for even though there have been some hiccups of late, i think its a credit to matt, graham and all the team for bringing and producing such a site!

2) Who do you collect?
Grant Hill and Jason Kidd

The members, in general, are honest.

Started collecting in 1994/95. Collect Patrick Ewing, Detlef Schrempf, Lamond Murray, Jalen Rose, Charlie Ward, Kevin Garnett, Mario Bennett, John Wallace, Gerald Wallace, LaMarcus Aldridge, Steve novak, Jeff Green, Patrick Mills. I like Oz Card Trader because the guys here are bloody great and the aussies (most of us) are Typical Aussies - we look out for each other.

Both of us collected cards when we were younger, but started again after Hawthorn won the Premiership.

2) Who do you collect?
Cyril Rioli and Hawthorn

It gives us a good (fairly) safe place to trade online.

1) When did you start collecting? 1993 Regina NSWRL

2) Who do you collect? Canberra Raiders and Seattle Sonics sigs from around the 95-96 era

3) What do you love about Ozcards? It provides the only opportunity I have had to discuss NRL cards since all the card stores closed down in NZ around 1996.

1. Started collecting NBA in 1993 but dropped off after 96. Rediscovered my love for the hobby via AFL cards thanks to a little market stall near my then new workplace wich was about 4 years ago.

2. Collect mostly AFL now, specifically Brisbane Signatures and inserts. Some passing interest still in the NBA with NOH and specifically CP3 stuff...

3. Love OZCT as it really ignited my involvement in the hobby again, having such a diverse community of like minded folks

1) When did you start collecting? When ball blew up on the Australian scene in 94 but took a long break.... back in the game picking up bits and pieces.

2) Who do you collect? Kemp... Livingston and Jr Smith...

3) What do you love about Ozcards? Friendly environment, with great members and some of the best cards you can get your hands on.

1993-1994 before having a big break, and starting again this year.

2) Who do you collect?
I collect all Western Bulldogs and Many other AFL sets, Dallas Mavericks and anything else that appeals

I love being able to share my excitement about collecting cards with all you guys who share the exact same passion :)
I also love the fact that my missus doesn't tell me to get off the computer anymore, she tells me to get off OCT!!! :lol:

Ozcards/panini giveaway

2) Who do you collect?

Let's see, where do I start....

See picture below:
14MixedNBAPlayers.jpg

- Its Australia's NUMBER 1 & the BEST Card collector website. If not one of the best in the world ;) !
- The most easiest, user friendly website to use.
- Great Members & Oz Card collectors
- It's actually my "Home Page" :D - 1st thing I go to when I start my computer :lol:
- Love the way we all help each other

I first collected when there was a card boom in the mid 90's then stopped collecting till 2007, brought a box of 06/07 Fleer Ultra and pulled a stephen marbury GU and thought wow these game used are pretty cool and havent looked back since.

2) Who do you collect?
Collect Jason Kidd, and a few 07/08 SPGU GU sets.

Love the fact that you can chat to a number of like minded people in a relaxed enviroment. And having 530 postive deals shows how many honest people are on the site, The site has had 39,124 Feedback with 99.7% being positive which is pretty impressive and shows what a good job the admin guys do and what a great community we are apart of.

Yeah!

2) Who do you collect?
Peja Stojakovic and Michael Jordan

People I can talk to (type to) regarding NBA Cards. I have no friends or family who are interested to if it was not for Ozcards, it would me and myself.

Ersk

1. 1995
2. All AFL, NRL, Cricket & Benchwarmer cards as well as bits and pieces of other sport and non-sport cards
3. Excellent community everyone looking out for each other

Thanks for the promo and good luck everyone!!

Started collecting in Grade 4 (Age 10) at school among friends. I would score a pack of Futera 1993 cards for washing Mum's car!

2) Who do you collect?
Australian players. Gaze, Bogut and all NBL. Also Shaquille O'Neal and Larry Johnson.

I've only joined a month ago but it's a great community, and I've already stared trading with other fellow collectors. Being a part of the site forces me to closely examine all my cards.
I guess I love Ozcards as it makes me appreciate my cards even more!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom