Ozcards Free Throw Challenge!!!!

It's so hard to shoot FT's Chad!!!

All that pressure not to miss a "FREE" throw.

I used to shoot FT's really well when I was about 15 and 5'6, but after growth spurt, I struggle to even make 50%. Worst season I went 1/29. 3%. Ouch!!!!

I can fix that Clarkey. Anyone under 6'5 with smaller hands is easy to teach to shoot. Its all repeptitve motion and the ability to repeat it evey time. Each shot should look the same in flow and motion.

Once you think you are a good FT shooter there is no pressure.

One thing I never understood. OK, the shot from the Charity Stripe is USUALLY free from distraction, but why call it a FREE THROW? You've usually gotta work hard for them shots, unless it's dying stages, and they intentionally fouling.

Hey speaking of which, can someone update me on what happends (NBA here) if the game is under 2 mins, and you foul off the ball. Is it a Tech?

Was watching Spurs V Mavs game on DVD (Thanks Trey!!) and they did it, and they said that it was ok cos it was outside the 2min mark. Sure they got 2 shots cos of penalty, but what happends under 2 mins?? Ta

Dont think you answered it all Chadly...Sure, it's a free shot (ment to be).

But again, what happens if you (ready for this) foul off the ball under 2 mins left???

it might be 2 and side ball?

thats the "shaq" rule....they brought it in to stop hack a shaq...

how craps the ending to the game eh mavs? dirk has his hands in duncans back and he falls out...LOL

Cool, thanks guys. Just missing that little bit that made me confused about the game. So they can hack a shaq until 2mins left (when it's off the ball).
CHEERS!

Nice sjay2k, that's a top effort. Was it fresh, or after a run?

Well I managed to give this a go today. Got around to the local Sports Centre, and was able to use the court for about 2 hours. (it's great when ya know em!!!)

Started the challenge after about 20 mins shootaround-runaround.

18/25 FTs.
Tried it for the 3s as well....
Wasnt pretty. I dont normally hit em, and only managed 7/25... lol

Then my girl started kicking them back out to me, I drained... ready.... 14/25 3s!!!! That's a new record for me! 9 straight!!! I dont hit three's so it's something big for me!

But unfortunately, not enough to make Chad's team, he took Danni cos of her 25 boards.... :D

Yeah come on 25 boards in a few minutes for her size is some achievement! You go girl!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice work too, not bad for a center! [-X

I went 26-straight at work the other day. But tonight... not so good. 19/25.

I'll be back there on Monday to beat that, though. (By the way, I work at a Community Centre in Melbourne and we have just installed new bball rings. They're great)

Back
Top Bottom