OZ card trader hall of fame!!!

I put the link below, check out their criteria, it is pretty strict. I dont really know everyone on here but i would think only a few would make it. It is not all about size, also about value too. Its all well and good to have 1000 cards and 600 of them total $9!! Check it out.

ok heres what i think

5 year club 10 year club
500 card pc (player) 100 card pc 2000 card pc
10000 posts
and a public nomination where one person a year makes the life membership or something

Post counts don't mean much.....we could all have 10,000 posts and have said nothing but "nice cards" and "PM sent".
It has to be about contribution to the community.
People like ShawnBradleyFan (for example) are the ones who deserve recognition....for going above and beyond the call of duty.
Number of trades is another good indicator of how active you are and also how trusted you are in the community.
Years of membership is somewhat relevant....but being active the whole time would be a determining factor.
Foundation members.....those who came across from the old site.....may be another consideration.

This could be a good idea... but there could be a lot of fighting and hurt feelings as well.

Heck, I've done lots of nice things for people on here, conduct my deals with integrity and think that my collection is pretty damn pleasing, but I wouldn't think that's particularly HOF worthy. Just means I respect people and enjoy collecting. Why need a label for it?

To be honest it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Great idea but it would be pretty embarrassing if it backfired and a so called HOF collector went bad ! I am pretty Sure that a certain Steve who liked good old bball would have made the list with the way he conducted himself up until his last deal that is. Pretty sure he had the most feedback on OCT too.

What ever happened to the hobby being about fun rather than gloating excessively

And people that own teddy bears should be unable to qualify

There's nothing wrong with Teddy Bears, just Bainy's.

There are a lot of a-holes with great collections and a lot of a-holes whose post counts are high from being dicks. There's not a lot that go above and beyond exceptional simply because they are good, well meaning people.
I think Graham and the mods know who those great members of the community are and they should be the ones to induct people if there was a HOF.

I believe that only mods and admins should be in the HOF - the amount of ****ers we need to put up with makes us automatic inclusions!

And that way, slobby will NEVER make it :)

funny, ok how bout we go with the super collections, it was actually the one i was thinking of. I dont think i would qualify, be interesting to see how many would.

Just a suggestion for the HOF

Maybe like a 200 trade minumim on the site
Say over %90 of cards collected (If player collector)
And just all round good members.

a hall of fame is a big thing for any sport or even hobby, usually criteria is such that one can't just qualify for on field or on court, star players may be potential hall of famers, but it takes more then just stats to be a hall of famer.

I think first there needs to be a hall of fame commitee, should be a combination of admin & distinctive members.
the previous mentioned criteria ideas could be applied in selecting the commitee.

then sort out exactly what the hall of fame criteria will be, have an annaugral hall of fame event, induct the innaugral hall of fame members, it has to go back to the start and not just current members.
so it might be any number of people, say 34, as selected by the commitee.
they also select a team of hall of fame legends from the 34, maybe 5 people.

every year after, at the OCT Hall of Fame Dinner, they induct 3 new hall of famers, old or new, and also 1 new legend from the whole group, so an original hall of famer could be made a legend at anytime, so only 3 new hall of famers every year from that.

maybe then we could have an OCT innaugral hall of fame set of cards, 40 to collect, 34 HOF inductees, 5 legend cards and a "5 auto" legend autographed card /50

Just a suggestion for the HOF

Maybe like a 200 trade minumim on the site
Say over %90 of cards collected (If player collector)
And just all round good members.

90% of collections some players have over 3000 cards and each year more are added so percentages will change making it very hard to keep track of
i like the 200 trade one thouygh :) however some people like angpin havent got many trades but are concidered hall of famers?

It could go by postive Feedback?

A year seems a bit long, maybe have a poll which goes from the 1st to the last day of each month. Have all members vote in the poll, And nominate say 8 members each month.

Or have some sort of trophies which you have to collect, as we all love collecting! :)
Could be things like:
100 Feedback , 200 Feedback etc
30 Feedback in a month etc
Player collection %

Im sure alot more could be thought of!

instead of a hall of fame, why not an awards system, i know there is one available to run within the forum as im on a gaming forum that runs the same software that has one.

dont know how much it costs though.

Back
Top Bottom