OT: Ebay help

Also update from ebay, they have told me to request the seller to cancell the items. And "in the event the seller doesn't respond to your request please contact us, I am willing to remove the strikes placed on your account once cases close."

So fingers crossed this all works out in the end!

Also update from ebay, they have told me to request the seller to cancell the items. And "in the event the seller doesn't respond to your request please contact us, I am willing to remove the strikes placed on your account once cases close."

So fingers crossed this all works out in the end!

You will be ok on this I think, ebay do have a policy about overcharging on postage.

Well I am bringing up dodgy ebay sellers, I should warn everyone to keep an eye out for bigboydsportscards3.

Firstly let me say he is a power sale with a lot of listings and I have made a few lower end purchases from him with not much trouble at all (one card was damaged which I returned and was issued a refund). But I have seen a lot of posts about him in other message boards lately while I have been browsing and none of them are ever good!

Most of these come down to bad seller practices more than anything (have not yet seen one where he has failed to ship or that sort of issue). He is known to "shill" alot of his auctions, to have very fague / misleading auction titles and add random values to his auction titles that actually mean nothing (might say "$250" in the title when the Beckett value is $50).

Like I said I have never had an issue with him myself, but I have only normally purchased lower end cards from him. He has posted pretty fast and has good shipping rates for internatioanl (from memory I think it's $3 for the first card then $0.50 each card after). So just be cautious if anyone is looking at his stuff.

If anyone has had issues with other sellers I would love to know too.

I have actually been looking at a couple of this blokes cards recently. Seems that a lot of these power sellers have pretty good overall ratings, high 99%, but on closer scrutiny of their feedback they have quite an alarming number of negatives. The sheer volume of their sales keeps that rating % very high. I'm not likely to go too high when buying from these US sellers, $20 is about my limit, so not gunna get stung too bad if it turns to shit.
Having said that, I've been getting a few cards from US sellers lately without any issues, actually found some to be very decent people. Would also be interested in those to avoid. Might give "bigboyd" a miss for now.

I have actually been looking at a couple of this blokes cards recently. Seems that a lot of these power sellers have pretty good overall ratings, high 99%, but on closer scrutiny of their feedback they have quite an alarming number of negatives. The sheer volume of their sales keeps that rating % very high. I'm not likely to go too high when buying from these US sellers, $20 is about my limit, so not gunna get stung too bad if it turns to s***.
Having said that, I've been getting a few cards from US sellers lately without any issues, actually found some to be very decent people. Would also be interested in those to avoid. Might give "bigboyd" a miss for now.

I buy individual cards off ebay all the time with 95% being from America (Asia has a few sellers too) and for all the sellers I have dealt with only a very small amount have ever ended badly. Most are very good to deal with. I have even contacted a couple that state "no international shipping" saying I was very keen on a certain card and would they consider shipping to me here and most have been very good, we have agreed on a shipping price prior to me bidding and I have had no issues.

Like I said with bigboyd, he does have a reputation amongst other forums where people seem to love sticking it to him, but I have personally never had an issue. Other than the one damaged card (which I got refunded on so hey could have been an honest mistake) I have had good service with quick and good priced shipping. Just be weary of some misleading auction titles and the shilling on some auctions to increase the price.

For example, I recently just missed out on an Elway Logo jersey I was interested in for my set. I noticed though before I bid that it looked like this could have been one of his shill auctions. As you can see on this below, this bidder has had 500 total bids with 100% of them being on bigboyd auctions. That is very fishy!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....Name=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLink

I was also a little skeptical because the jersey patch was a two colour swatch when this was the standard jersey card and not the "prime" version. Getting a two colour patch does happen often enough in standard jersey cards to not be a big issue, but it is still unusual when there is a prime swatch version of the same card. I was still willingly to have a go but was very cautious I didn't overspend.

I've bought from Bigboyd myself a number of times and have never had an issue. Actually just got a couple from him today. Not sure what he's doing to others but I can't complain about his service, been pretty good...

Don't know on that shill stuff though, 100 % bids to one seller does sound a bit odd. Just checked a few I'd lost and won from him recently and it all looks legit though...

Really can't say I've had a bad seller issue lately and I've been buying a lot of Rams and NASCAR stuff. Must say I do tend to stick to known sellers if I can and those that do a good shipping deal, so maybe that weeds out a few of the dodgeys...

I've bought from Bigboyd myself a number of times and have never had an issue. Actually just got a couple from him today. Not sure what he's doing to others but I can't complain about his service, been pretty good...

Don't know on that shill stuff though, 100 % bids to one seller does sound a bit odd. Just checked a few I'd lost and won from him recently and it all looks legit though...

Really can't say I've had a bad seller issue lately and I've been buying a lot of Rams and NASCAR stuff. Must say I do tend to stick to known sellers if I can and those that do a good shipping deal, so maybe that weeds out a few of the dodgeys...

Yeah like I said I have had a few purchases with Bigboyd myself and have been pretty happy overall. But having been searching a few other forums recently on the lookout for Miles Burris and Rod Streater cards, the number of threads that have started about him is very alarming! Maybe because I have been buying lower end? I did see one thread about a rare Eli Manning Auto I think it was (#d less than 5) that had been sold previously by a different seller who listed in their auction that card had some damage on the bottom edge. The photo of the card within Bigboyds auction I believe had been in such a way to make sure the damage wasn't visible. Happy to try and find the thread if anyone wants to read it.

There is definitely a lot of good sellers. I have had some excellent service from a few which has had me as a returning customer now.

Well I am bringing up dodgy ebay sellers, I should warn everyone to keep an eye out for bigboydsportscards3.

Firstly let me say he is a power sale with a lot of listings and I have made a few lower end purchases from him with not much trouble at all (one card was damaged which I returned and was issued a refund). But I have seen a lot of posts about him in other message boards lately while I have been browsing and none of them are ever good!

Most of these come down to bad seller practices more than anything (have not yet seen one where he has failed to ship or that sort of issue). He is known to "shill" alot of his auctions, to have very fague / misleading auction titles and add random values to his auction titles that actually mean nothing (might say "$250" in the title when the Beckett value is $50).

Like I said I have never had an issue with him myself, but I have only normally purchased lower end cards from him. He has posted pretty fast and has good shipping rates for internatioanl (from memory I think it's $3 for the first card then $0.50 each card after). So just be cautious if anyone is looking at his stuff.

If anyone has had issues with other sellers I would love to know too.

Bought the odd bits and piece off him... yes, his BV$$$ is laughable, yes he has been accoused of shilling and also busted selling fake jordans or something but I have picked up a few cards off him... If I like the price and it doesnt seem suss then Im happy with it. always got cards quickly and never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom