OT: Ebay help

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Does anyone know if you can contact ebay in anyway in regards to a seller who has decided to charge a crazy amount for shipping?

Bascially I won a few auctions from a seller for some cheap Gridiron cards for my set (10 cards, $0.60 total!). Auction stated shipping of $3. Seller is now trying to charge me $30 for shipping for the lot! I have tried to contact the seller and he has been a complete jerk.

Anyone know if I can report this to ebay anyway? Otherwise I will just refuse to pay and have a non-payment against me, but don't really want to go this route after getting one just last week when I purchased a Redemption and I asked the seller before I bid if they would just email the code. He said yes, so I thought sweet no postage charge, then tried to charge me the $10 post charge and refused to email the code through!

damn bud that sucks... I have bought over 300 singles and never had this problem.... I even had a dude go above and beyond on 15 Antonio Gates signed cards last week to get me insured shipping for a good price (dude did some leg work)..... Sellers of Chargers fans = nice ppl :thumbsup: Sellers of Raiders cards = typical thug Raider fans ;)

Terelle looked alright last week tho bud (watched replay last night as I was in Adelaide over crissy/ new years).... at least he looks like he might have a shot in the NFL..... I was rootin for Terrelle even tho he was playing the chargers... perfect outcome - Chargers win, Terrelle goes well (some nice touch throws) and AJ Smith gets fucking fired :thumbsup:

Meanwhile back on topic

I would say you would have to have some recourse thru ebay... this is like low level extortion....

Seriously, there has to be guidlines for this shit

again, getting side tracked

Gonna have to put a trade together for that V. Brown as well soon as Im saving my last 3 boxes for the mass break (so what ive got is what ive got) but have some raiders stuff hopefully to work out a trade

Until these two I had very little issues buying of ebay (a couple shipments never arrived by got money back thanks to paypal protection so that was all good). But by the looks most buyer protection is only after payment has been made :mad:

Yeah Pryor looked pretty good considering he was only practicing with the starters for half the week! I had been hoping for Pryor for weeks now, so was good to finally see him. Half of his incompletions were due to drops by the receivers too. And I liked how he was about to keep plays alive with his feet and mobility when they broke down. Hopefully he is given a chance next yer because I really don't want to see Palmer back (have hated this trade from day 1)!

Sweet, LMK after the break and I'm sure we can work out a deal for the Brown (hopefully he will be back next season at full health). I hope to get a couple boxes for the mass break soon too all going to plan.

When you get the items you can open a case on eBay for the crazy postage price. I bought 2 Butler autos a while back and the guy told me $30 postage. I paid it as it was 2 jersey numbered cards I wanted. 2 days later he refunded me $14 saying the post website had quoted him way over the actual postage price.

I was thinking that, but when I contacted the guy asking why it was so expensive as I normally only pay $6 for that sort of postage, he basically said it was his "international fee". This after listing on the auction that the shipping was $3!

There's a Customer Support link. Go through "Contact Ebay" and on the list is "report a member". They cover excessive postage so there are recourses available. I've never had to go that far but I have negotiated to cancel a transaction due to massive postage costs that were not in the original description, from Canada from memory. Worth a try anyway, "international fee" is a crock of shit.

There's a Customer Support link. Go through "Contact Ebay" and on the list is "report a member". They cover excessive postage so there are recourses available. I've never had to go that far but I have negotiated to cancel a transaction due to massive postage costs that were not in the original description, from Canada from memory. Worth a try anyway, "international fee" is a crock of s***.

Cheers mate will give it a go!

Have not heard anything back from ebay yet. The last response I got from the seller was why didn't I check the shipping costs in the Auction.
My response..

"I did. Shipping stated $3 within the auction. If this is the case, and you are now charging $30, I assume you don't do combined shipping? In which case why have you sent a total with all the auctions combined? If no combined shipping is offered there should be 10 different invoices sent - one for each card. I would then expect each card to be packaged seperate and sent indivdually in their own seperate envelope. Is this your plan?"

Yep $3 per card. Orginally it stated $3 and he would combine shipping. Now he says combined shipping only applies to USA shippers! So it is just straight $3 per card even when these are "combined". So really it is not combined at all!

By the looks now though, somewhere along the time I put the bids in and the auction finishing he has edited the auction to take away the cobined shipping part.

Wish ebay would just hurry up and get back to me!

I didn't think listings could be edited after bidding had commenced, I tried to correct some spelling on an auction of mine once (very pedantic I know, but wtf) and I couldn't do it. Sounds like this bloke is just being a prick.

It's a shame because the seller actually has decent feedback. But anyway for those wanting to beaware, seller id is: sportsfaces

Going through a similar thing right now.
Bought on my phone(ebay app) listing said $3 postage and seller is saying $35 postage. Asked him to cancel the deal and was told "sorry it is our policy to not cancel deals". Jerk! He won't be getting a cent from me.

I was thinking that, but when I contacted the guy asking why it was so expensive as I normally only pay $6 for that sort of postage, he basically said it was his "international fee". This after listing on the auction that the shipping was $3!

Going through a similar thing right now.
Bought on my phone(ebay app) listing said $3 postage and seller is saying $35 postage. Asked him to cancel the deal and was told "sorry it is our policy to not cancel deals". Jerk! He won't be getting a cent from me.

Really sucks aye. The worst part about it is because I purcahsed 10 different items from him I presume I get 10 Non-Payments against me? I bluddy hope not anyway!

I contacted ebay and got this response back this morning:
"We appreciate you for letting us know about the seller’s practices. We’ll surely investigate on the seller’s account. If proven that the seller is overcharging other buyer’s as well, we will take proper actions on the seller’s account. In the mean time, what you may do is to leave an appropriate feedback to the seller. This may help notify other buyer’s about how the seller has treated you on a transaction."

I emailed ebay back asking will I still get the non-paying against me or do I have to pay first but have not yet had a response.

That really sucks...maybe you should tell the guy if he really thinks it's worth losing future business to get an extra $20 now and mention that he's now tagged as a known scammer on the Card Collector Forums. I know I'll be adding him to my no buy list !

Don't mind it when they charge an extra 50c per card or something, but that's just pure rip off...

That really sucks...maybe you should tell the guy if he really thinks it's worth losing future business to get an extra $20 now and mention that he's now tagged as a known scammer on the Card Collector Forums. I know I'll be adding him to my no buy list !

Don't mind it when they charge an extra 50c per card or something, but that's just pure rip off...

Yeah I can completely understand an additional $1-$0.50 per transaction. But the thing is I contacted the seller aand said that seen they are not offering combined shipping, I assume that the all these items would be sent seperate then.
His first response was "Why I would I waste my time sending them all indivdually it would save money to combine them all in one".
Caught out! When I asked then why is combined shipping not offered the seller followed up with "these cards are all coming from different sellers".

Back
Top Bottom