Optimum 2022

I apologise to Select. They clearly had some tricks up thier sleeve.

I think it is a good win for the collector...but only if they can get back into the hands of those who missed out. This type of defence might cause these groups to just stick to the other, easier markets

Yes I never even had the chance to see them available which was annoying . Still like the ballot idea

I got redirected to the 404 page about 5 times and missed out. Why do some not get the 404 page at all?

Everything was preloaded but I still had to do a bicycle captcha.

Never made it to shipping, said cart was empty sold out.
I got redirected with the 404 page once or twice. I found it was the top heading 'optimum' (on my phone) that I hit that took me through to buying..
Got to say, sucks to hear long time collectors like Baggies miss out..
These drop days can really turn people off the hobby, just by the extreme frantic bull#$% one has to go through.

If Select have
I got redirected with the 404 page once or twice. I found it was the top heading 'optimum' (on my phone) that I hit that took me through to buying..
Got to say, sucks to hear long time collectors like Baggies miss out..
These drop days can really turn people off the hobby, just by the extreme frantic bull#$% one has to go through.

I am sure many people have dropped off over the past 3 years. There are many true collectors and lovers of trading cards that now see this more as a business than a hobby and don't want to adapt, which is totally fine and understandable. For those that choose to stick around and try their luck on drops like today, they know what they are in for and really can't complain. My view is if you know how it works and that you could very well miss out, then there's no complaints afterwards if you DO miss out. It sucks, but that's life now. The days of going to the milk bar and buying cards of all different sets are gone.

Yes purchased a couple off ebay . Not sure I will try to buy in public drop anymore too annoying. Just my scc ones and then rest off ebay. It just means I will get less boxes but like I said they are not searched so chances of getting a good box is quite good, just more costly.

Last edited:
Yes purchased a couple off ebay . Not sure I will try to buy in public drop anymore to annoying. Just my scc ones and then rest off ebay. It just means I will get less boxes but like I said they are not searched so chances of getting a good box is quite good, just more costly.
I just have to eat from the hands that steal from me and buy into breaks. I ain't got the cash $500 boxes

Must say my afterpay comes in handy . When people find out that one of my hobbies is cards they look at me strangely. But after I tell them the money involved they look at me strangely in a different way like, are you crazy. I say ahh you gotta spend your money on something . But it is getting expensive not US cards expensive but costly all the same .

Must say my afterpay comes in handy . When people find out that one of my hobbies is cards they look at me strangely. But after I tell them the money involved they look at me strangely in a different way like, are you crazy. I say ahh you gotta spend your money on something . But it is getting expensive not US cards expensive but costly all the same .

It's only expensive if people want the higher end stuff.
Not everyone does. For me personally, I could easily be happy getting Footy Stars every year, or two similar products twice a year.
People can't expect better quality products at cheap prices, it's not going to happen. Select know what they are doing and they are taking after the overseas companies, that goes for ripping their designs off too lol. They have collectors where they want them and that is on their little finger, buying everything and anything they release no matter how lazy or great it is. That is when you know you have done well.

Select have the power and information of names to mass ban them.

Just need to do their job and squash them out.

Well I finally purchased some boxes . Imo Select are trying hard but can’t see this changing for a while . Unless they change the way they sell the public drop.

Back
Top Bottom