One touches can damage cards?

Andrew111

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
Hi guys, what do you do when you're putting an auto in a one touch? Do you put a penny sleeve between the one touch and the front of the card to stop the auto rubbing off? Has anyone had any issues when not using a penny sleeve?

Yeah I don’t think they’re the best protection method for cards it’s just they became trendy after people wanted a more improved version of the old screw down.

the one touch without the recessed corners has a history of causing more damage but I think those little cutouts on the corners have been a great change.

I seen people putting a Penny sleeve inside the one touch but I can’t be bothered doing it. I’ll just use a 9 page sleeve if I have to worry about that lol or get it graded

I recently bought a card and the auto was stuck to the one touch LOL

I managed to get it separated but it was touch and go for a moment!

Even with a penny sleeve, they do stick as well.

I have a lot of cards in one touches and have never had any issues over the years.
i have received a few cards that have had damage from being in the wrong size one touch and screwdowns being screwed down too tight.
I think a lot of the damage that happens to cards in one touches is how/where they are stored or on display. Climate, If they are moved often.

Back
Top Bottom