Official Real/Fake Card Thread!

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Ok thanks to those who built and contributed to this thread:
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/official-real-fake-card-thread.29621/

I have started this one so that we can keep track and save all the photos into the follow posts. I've saved the first 10 posts for confirmed fakes to be saved.

Will always place the original on the left.

It would be great to hear peoples opinion on these cards and if you have any info that can help confirm/deny that the patches/cards are real/fake it would be great!

Last edited:
Fleer Auctions
Fleer went backrupt, and all their inventory was sold off at an auction.

A lot of un-numbered, un-signed and un-swatched cards (cards without serial numbering stamped on them, cards meant for autos and cards meant for a Patch or GU, etc) were sold off without their signatures and patches/swatches, etc.

There was and still is a stack of cards floating around out there where people are making their own stamps, replacing the patches, and inserting signatures, etc.

There's also an alarming rate of "1/1" cards that appear out there without the appropriate stamping. Sure, they're a legit card, but shouldn't be classed as something they're not (limited).

These are meant to be 1/1 signed by the Fleer CEO (Who knows why there are 4)
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg

An example of the blank cards sold at the auctions:
boozer fleer lot.jpg

An example of a blank card and the faked patches:
WadeCorrect.jpg
WadeFake.jpg

Other examples -

03-04 FLEER PATCHWORKS LICENSED APPAREL NBA LOGOMAN CHRIS WEBBER - FLEER.JPG
04-05 E-XL COURT AUTHENTICS AUTHENTIC YAO MING  - Fleer.JPG

These are meant to be machine stamped.
04-05 Fleer E-XL Dual Logoman Elton Brand-Chris webber back.jpg
04-05 Fleer E-XL Dual Logoman Elton Brand-Chris webber.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just been catching up with all this after 8 years away and have a 1/1 card that's always had me guessing... Does anyone have any info? It 03-04 fleer tradition and has a 1/1 stamp on the bottom left on the back

Sorry, just tried to post a photo from my phone and it doesn't seem to work? Anyway it looks like the base card and is red top and bottom where other base cards I have seen are blue in the top quarter

I know nothing about cards but used to buy a few when I was a youngster. Was cleaning out my cupboard and found this. A bit of googling tells me it's an UD Rainbow Flight Team card, which is apparently very rare. Is there any way of telling if it's a fake or not? I would have bought it off eBay, probably as part of an unopened pack rather than as an individual card because I found it with a bunch of standard Flight Team cards
pmZkkXD.jpg
BqYsiwp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom