Official Patty Mills Thread

Re: Paddy Mills Season Progress Thread

looks like he may struggle to make the blazers now:

Patrick Mills faces roster squeeze after Portland Trail Blazers sign second-round pick Armon Johnson
The uphill battle for the last spot on the Portland Trail Blazers roster just got a little more difficult for Patrick Mills after the team signed 2010 second-round pick, Armon Johnson.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Mills, who has made it no secret that he would like to remain in the NBA, was one of the more interesting storylines during summer league as he, along with Johnson, tried to do their best to impress the Portland brass.

Johnson, whom the Trail Blazers selected 34th overall out of Nevada, was one of the more impressive players in Las Vegas, which included a respectable performance against the draft's No.1 overall pick, John Wall.

In five summer league games in which the two tried in vain to prove worthiness for the 15th and last roster spot, Johnson averaged 11.6 ppg, 4.2 apg and 2.2 spg, while Mills answered with 14.2 ppg, 4.6 apg and 3.8 rpg.

While Johnson now has a contract and Mills is on the outside looking in, there is still a chance that the former St. Mary's guard and Australian national team standout might find his way back onto the roster if Portland is able to trade malcontent guard, Rudy Fernandez.

Notes: Mills still belongs to BlazersBlog: Blazer Banter
Subscribe
.By Brian T. Smith (Columbian Staff)

August 3, 2010

The Portland Trail Blazers still hold the rights to guard Patty Mills, who is a restricted free agent.

The Blazers have made a qualifying offer worth $937,000 to Mills, which he has yet to accept. The non-guaranteed deal does not expire until March 1, 2011. Thus, if Mills chooses to play in Europe this season, the Blazers would still own his NBA rights. Portland also has the ability to match any offer made by another NBA team to Mills.

The Blazers' roster is set at 15 players following the signing Monday of rookie guard Armon Johnson. But Portland can carry at least 20 players into training camp. Thus, there is a chance Mills could still compete for a spot with the Blazers in October. If this happens, Portland and Mills would eventually have to reach an agreement about his contract.

The Blazers are about $3 million above the NBA's luxury tax — set at $70.3 million for the 2010-11 season — following the addition of Johnson. Portland will likely try and find a remedy for the situation if the team makes a trade before the season tips off in late October.

I rather see him get signed by a team that would play him anyway, hes a great talent and needs to be signed by someone. He had a solid Summer League campaign and deserves to be on an NBA team.

I agree. He needs to play, he's playing great internationally already. Seriously the kid is a 6th man in the league right now, and a quality one at that.

Great news for the kid considering a few games ago he wasnt getting on the court at all.

Basketball Australia : Patrick Mills to start in his first NBA game against Steve Nash

---------- Post added 08-12-2010 at 02:00 PM ----------

Great news for the kid considering a few games ago he wasnt getting on the court at all.

Basketball Australia : Patrick Mills to start in his first NBA game against Steve Nash

Update is that McMillan has changed his mind and Batum will be starting

I got one of Mill's rookie cards and it has someone who looks nothing like Mills on the front of the card. I always wondered if Panini tried to slip that one passed us or if it is an error.

Is Jawai still in the NBA?

So excited for the young fella, Im so excited it feels like im starting in the NBA. Good luck looks like he got 3 minutes in the first 0/1 and 2 assist 0 turnovers so safe and good start.

great start 5 mins to go in 2nd q he has 11mins 6 assists, 2 points, 3 boards, 1 TO.... pretty solid
oh and were stuck watching the pathetic wizards..... why..... oh because there playing at staples, makes me sick!

I got one of Mill's rookie cards and it has someone who looks nothing like Mills on the front of the card. I always wondered if Panini tried to slip that one passed us or if it is an error.

Is Jawai still in the NBA?

I think it was Juwon Howard who was on that error card, it was an error but I dont think it was ever corrected, so they are all with the wrong guy on it.

watched today's game on league pass, and can say patty had a solid game, Nash schooled him a bit, but he was able to put together some good passes for rudy, including a great no look to end the first qtr, hopefully it gets in the nba tv top 10

He ended up with 9 Points, 3 rebounds, 7 Assists, 2 turnovers and 4 of 9 shooting. Very solid game and should be good enough to keep him as the back up over Armon Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom