Official 2011-2012 Playoff thread

My two cents: I love the NBA fullstop. For me, watching these playoffs have been some of the best basketball I've seen. I support certain players for various reasons; I love Dwight Howard but I don't like the players that they've surrounded him with (especially Hedo). Am I an Orlando Magic fan? No, I just like Dwight. I love(d) Allen Iverson, but man I could care less for George Lynch, Matt Geiger, Eric Snow and the rest of the scrubs that they surrounded him with. I like seeing individuals succeed within a team, and I'm a fan of the game. When Iverson stole that first game from the then unbeaten LA Lakers in Game 1 of the Finals and they were clear underdogs, I was cheering him on like crazy. The step over Tyronne Lue? Damnnn.
Lebron and Wade are players I've always like, Bosh not so much, but I just hate the amount of media scrutiny about them and casting them as villains when I knew that they were just misunderstood. Just like Iverson and to a lesser extent, just like Dwight. I support them because everyone else is so keen on tearing them down; listening to the media spout nonsense and come up with negative headlines to brainwash the viewers. Do I support one team? No. I support the whole NBA, but especially a handful of players. Even if the Celtics had gone on to beat the Heat, I'd be rooting for them to win it over OKC. Do I hate OKC or am a diehard Celtics fan? No, nothing could be further away from the truth. Point is, everyone cheers for different reasons, and I got no qualms saying that I'm just a NBA fan fullstop.

I don't live in the US as most on this site don't. But i have supported the Bulls ever since 1990. When M.J came back into the league a third time i didn't change to being a wizards fan. No i stuck with my crappy Bulls. I don't think where you live is relevant. To support a team is to support a team. Anyone who went for Cleveland to only jump ship when Lebron left has no character or is too young to know better. I bet when Mo came to Cleveland they were all happy and Shaq for that matter. But was that happiness only for Lebron or because they thought the "team" they supported were possibly going to win a championship?

Sorry but even Lebron said in the press conference there is no " i " in team. Also ragging on Cleveland is just poor form. They might have made poor choices with some of the players they brought in to help Lebron but no one could accuse them of not doing everything they could to support him while he was there.

I appreciate watching Chris Judd play but would prefer to not follow the game than to lower myself to becoming a Blues supporter just for the sake of following who was once was my favourite player.

I'm not bagging Heat fans or Lebron fans. I'm bagging those who "supported" Cleveland only to jump ship once the King left. To me they don't deserve the right to celebrate. It's as hollow as a drum.

If you didn't support Cleveland then this does not apply to you. Celebrate all you like.

Congrats again Lebron, you deserved it.

As if any of the "bandwagon" jumpers care what you think? Geez get off your high horse.

OMG! i was convinced Miami must have lost today as for the first time in 3 years fox/nova did not ruin the scores for me! i wore my D-Wade jersey under my work shirt today for good luck! and then when i got home, put on the game on my IQ, i had my norris cole warm up top on, on top of that my Lebron Rookie year jersey, on top of that my Wade Alt jersey, on top of the my Lebron swingman that i bought at the NBA store in ny this year, and i had my signed Eddie house Rookie signed jersey sitting on the couch next to me!

I was so happy i cried a little!!!!!!!!!

Coach Erik Spoelstra tied Pat Riley for the Heat franchise record with his 34th postseason win. He is 34-22, while Riley was just 34-36. ...

That's remarkable in my opinion. For those who says that Erik is not a good coach or is just lucky to have the Big 3 , think again. Not many coaches gets his team to the finals in consecutive season either...

GREAT JOB! FILO PRIDE!!! =D>=D>=D>

Champagne Showers ;)

Bosh-shower.gif

How do you buy a championship with a salary cap........:confused:

Well done Heat. Have really enjoyed watching the playoffs.

At least there is no strike talk this year!

How do you buy a championship with a salary cap........:confused:

Well done Heat. Have really enjoyed watching the playoffs.

At least there is no strike talk this year!

There is no 'cap' as such! It just means you start paying luxury tax when you get over that amount

Congrats to the Heat organization and Bron Bron... Simply too good for longer... This is where I saw the series won and lost:

Durant was wonderful but started to make some uncharacteristic errors later in the series... Phenomenal talent and so humble
Westbrook was exceptional at times but very poor in others, he needs to bridge the gap between his best and worst
Ibaka/Collison/Perkins all underperformed and were a big reason why the series was lost, no real big games from any of them
Harden was kept quiet by the solid Heat D... He was a general non factor in the series

Bron was phenomenal... Did it all and was a well deserved Finals MVP... Definitely performed like a King
Wade started series slow but did great job of adjusting as the series went on
Bosh was solid but unspectacular
The biggest reason they won was their suffocating defense particularly on the sparkplug Harden and the continual huge production of the Heat role players... All had big games, Chalmers 25 pts, Miller 23pts in game 6, Battier shooting lights out in series from downtown, Cole was solid in last 2 games... None of that was expected

Miami made all the big plays at the right time... They worked out the Rubiks cube that was the OKC Thunder

OKC will be around for many years to come... Wonderful organization with classy players, good coach and the best GM in the business... Love this team and am gutted for them but they will learn from this and get better

I hate people who use the phrase "buy a championship". Isn't that the idea? To use the funds at your disposal to build a championship team? Keep in mind too that James, Bosh and Wade all took pay cuts to play together, LeBron left a 28mill a year extension in Cleveland to play in Miami for 15mill a year.

I think teams like the Thunder are the minorities, you can't develop every team. Not every team has players with the potential of Durant, Westbrook or Harden.

I hate people who use the phrase "buy a championship". Isn't that the idea? To use the funds at your disposal to build a championship team? Keep in mind too that James, Bosh and Wade all took pay cuts to play together, LeBron left a 28mill a year extension in Cleveland to play in Miami for 15mill a year.

I think teams like the Thunder are the minorities, you can't develop every team. Not every team has players with the potential of Durant, Westbrook or Harden.

they took a pay cut but also went to somewhere with no state income tax ;)

While individuals and businesses in all 50 states pay federal income tax, residents in 41 states also pay state income tax. Nine states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. The states of New Hampshire and Tennessee tax their residents only on income earned through interest and dividends.
State income tax is typically based on the taxable income or adjusted gross income reported on the taxpayer's annual federal income tax return.
Not Always Cheaper to Live There
The fact that a state does not have an income tax does not necessarily mean that its residents pay less in taxes than residents of states with an income tax. All states must generate revenue and they do so through various taxes including income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, license taxes, fuel taxes, and estate and inheritance taxes, just to name a few. In states without state income tax, higher sales, property and other assorted taxes can exceed the annual cost of a state income tax.
For example, all states except Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon currently charge sales tax. Food, clothing and prescription drugs are exempt from sales tax in most states.
In addition to states; cities, counties, school districts and other jurisdictions impose real estate and sales taxes. For cities that do not sell their own utilities, like electricity and water, these taxes represent their main source of revenue.
Still, it is worth noting that during 2006 and 2007, the seven states with no income tax whatsoever, Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming, led the nation in net population growth.

they took a pay cut but also went to somewhere with no state income tax ;)

While individuals and businesses in all 50 states pay federal income tax, residents in 41 states also pay state income tax. Nine states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. The states of New Hampshire and Tennessee tax their residents only on income earned through interest and dividends.
State income tax is typically based on the taxable income or adjusted gross income reported on the taxpayer's annual federal income tax return.
Not Always Cheaper to Live There
The fact that a state does not have an income tax does not necessarily mean that its residents pay less in taxes than residents of states with an income tax. All states must generate revenue and they do so through various taxes including income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, license taxes, fuel taxes, and estate and inheritance taxes, just to name a few. In states without state income tax, higher sales, property and other assorted taxes can exceed the annual cost of a state income tax.
For example, all states except Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon currently charge sales tax. Food, clothing and prescription drugs are exempt from sales tax in most states.
In addition to states; cities, counties, school districts and other jurisdictions impose real estate and sales taxes. For cities that do not sell their own utilities, like electricity and water, these taxes represent their main source of revenue.
Still, it is worth noting that during 2006 and 2007, the seven states with no income tax whatsoever, Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming, led the nation in net population growth.
Touché, good sir!

Back
Top Bottom