NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand the logic behind the team to some extent. There are only 4 days prep and picking a team that played well together in last years 4 Nations makes sense for continuity.

The flip side is that this is a world cup year and we have an ageing roster so this test would be an ideal time to blood some prospects.

My issue is what is the point of playing your best football at club level week and week out if you are not a realistic chance of being selected for rep honors?

I do understand the logic behind the team to some extent. There are only 4 days prep and picking a team that played well together in last years 4 Nations makes sense for continuity.

The flip side is that this is a world cup year and we have an ageing roster so this test would be an ideal time to blood some prospects.

My issue is what is the point of playing your best football at club level week and week out if you are not a realistic chance of being selected for rep honors?

Precisely. I'm hoping that NZ doesn't pick Kenny-Dowall, JWH, Nightingale (although he has never let us down), Blair and so on. Time to blood these great youngsters we have coming through in time for the World Cup

Absolute rubbish at the Bulldogs lately, they need a cleanout in the offices before they worry about the product on the field, IMO. Des, Raelene and the rest of the board can all go, as far as I'm concerned, but I'd be content with Des and Raelene. They stifle the creativity of the halves and spine, KEEP signing more forwards, (buggered if I know why), and move on juniors for rentals who don't necessarily have to play on grand final day! I'm sure Des and Raelene's master-plan is to have 17 big lumbering islander forwards out on the field, and if by some miracle the DO make the grand final, we'll have to forfeit coz the whole 17 have to go to church or girl-scout meetings... The 90's called, Des. They want their recruiting and game-plan back! :(

Absolute rubbish at the Bulldogs lately, they need a cleanout in the offices before they worry about the product on the field, IMO. Des, Raelene and the rest of the board can all go, as far as I'm concerned, but I'd be content with Des and Raelene. They stifle the creativity of the halves and spine, KEEP signing more forwards, (buggered if I know why), and move on juniors for rentals who don't necessarily have to play on grand final day! I'm sure Des and Raelene's master-plan is to have 17 big lumbering islander forwards out on the field, and if by some miracle the DO make the grand final, we'll have to forfeit coz the whole 17 have to go to church or girl-scout meetings... The 90's called, Des. They want their recruiting and game-plan back! :(
Gotta have balance.

Yes. I'll be there. I hope it's better than the test here back in 2013. That was the most boring game I've ever been to. The only highlight anyone that went remembers is the Mexican wave that went around the stadium about 10 times without stopping.

I was at that game, I think it's the coldest I've ever been, will it be any warmer this time around?.

I was at that game, I think it's the coldest I've ever been, will it be any warmer this time around?.

Not if the last two days are anything to go by. Yesterday was rainy and 11. Today was sunny but actually felt colder :confused:

The days before that were low 20s and sunny so hopefully it goes back to that for a while.

Clever play by Canberra. Court late in the week so a decision can't be reached until after the dogs game when the board has 'all the facts'. Miss the test which he was on the bench for and maybe Newcastle game.

Clever play by Canberra. Court late in the week so a decision can't be reached until after the dogs game when the board has 'all the facts'. Miss the test which he was on the bench for and maybe Newcastle game.
He's still an idiot and the club is making a mockery of the process.

Found guilty in court and copped a suspension of licence and fine but raiders don't have all the facts lol

If that was a no named player they would of actioned it

I can't say I fully disagree with you, my statement is a theory and not factual. Papa is an idiot for his actions but at least he has the balls to take full responsibility by calling the Police on himself and pleading relatively early in court. How many NRL players have we seen before the court for various offences and they often have excuses. I was depressed, I was holding them for a friend etc etc.

I think any fan of the game would agree that Canberra are one of the better clubs in the NRL for dealing with players who do the wrong thing. Three big names sacked, Paulo suspended for an act he committed while at Parra. Dave Taylor the same.

It seems to me, on the face of it, Canberra have played the system a bit. Papa will still get punished further by the club, it is the NRL and their own inconsistent rules which make a mockery.

Another week, another refereeing shemozzle. 24 hours after you CAN'T strike for the ball in the scrum and win the feed against the play, you CAN... lol! Certainly not the only inconsistency this week, even, just the most glaring one as it's the freshest in my mind... I did have a laugh about the poor fella given 10 for the slap. "You calling that a punch???" haha

Another week, another refereeing shemozzle. 24 hours after you CAN'T strike for the ball in the scrum and win the feed against the play, you CAN... lol! Certainly not the only inconsistency this week, even, just the most glaring one as it's the freshest in my mind... I did have a laugh about the poor fella given 10 for the slap. "You calling that a punch???" haha
The NRL have officially ruled that a slap constitutes 10 in the bin now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom