NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win for the eels tonight after a tough week

Having mannah only play 20 minutes and mick Gordon not coming back on after half time made it a very gutsy win

They certainly played gutsy, shame that it wont count for much when they eventually take points of them. This could have been their year too!

Ask James graham how good he is as an Aussie ;)

Told ya the eels would still piss it in tonight

image.jpeg

With Watmough's retirement won't that still come under the cap unless he is paid out by Insurance?

That is how I understood it.

Apparently Ryan MATTERSON who debuted the other week for the Roosters was a Parra reserve grader on a second tier contract and by the Roosters debuting him it activated 70k of Parra's second tier salary cap

By retirement I meant the insurance type of retirement

This has been on-going since January surely there would be a result on this soon

Watmough would need to show his retirement is due to a fresh career-ending injury. That may not be easy because Watmough had a chronic knee issue when he came to the club. The Eels are therefore attempting to prove Watmough’s current knee issue is a new injury sustained via a knock during the pre-season. Greenberg confirmed the Eels had not yet lodged forms for Watmough’s medical retirement. However, Greenberg also said that solving the salary cap issue may not be as easy as just farewelling Watmough. “The salary cap is complicated,” Greenberg said. “It’s not as simple as just moving on one player”.

from this... http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/5199ec829ab020c3bcb4f09aa9ef66ca

Tony Archer admits refs call to award Panthers winning field goal was wrong. Even the in-field ref thought the defenders formed a 'wall' yet the decision was overturned. It was a no brained that one.

Some really poor efforts from the Bunker in that game. When it starts costing teams games or opportunities to win games it really needs to be sorted.

Cold comfort when the game is lost and points gone.

So if our players decide to take less then market value and stay at the eels the NRL surely won't have a leg to stand on with the Lachlan coote's and James Roberts of the world taking less then market value.

Nrl has never had double standards have they??

While I'm on double standards, how didn't Gallen get anything for that elbow he dropped is beyond me

What does he have to do to get suspended, break the players jaw???

So if our players decide to take less then market value and stay at the eels the NRL surely won't have a leg to stand on with the Lachlan coote's and James Roberts of the world taking less then market value.

Nrl has never had double standards have they??

I dont think they could if they already had a contract in place but if they were re signing to a new contract it couldnt be an issue.

That article i posted says something along the lines of the nrl wouldnt let them all just take paycuts this season

As I understand it; If Watmough does get his retirement insurance (which personally because of his injury history I don't think they have a leg to stand on :lol:) he should already have been paid more than half of this years contract. Based on the rumoured $750k he is on that only clears $312k from the cap the Eels then need to add someone onto the roster (to take it back to the mandatory 25 players) at a minimum which I think is $80k so Watmough retiring only takes them down by $232 out of $575k that means more need to go before the Eels can start playing for points.

Not that it matters because the 5 Directors will hang on for grim death ensuring the Eels cant play for points anyway.

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom