NRL CLASSIC '09' Trading Card Conflicts HELP EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes that is true ( because they are all from QLD :) )

I personally dont see what it has to do with what team is on top of the ladder or doing well in the comp?

I would prefer the cowboys DT to most of them, because it has Australias halfback on it :)

Soward needs to wait a few more years ;)

Come on people i love this , we need to skype it up and have a card discussion, should hit up video link sessions

:) :) :) :)

ampin way to hard on trading cards again :v:

I am new to OCT in the last few months. I have made some great trader contacts & made some swaps that both sides agree to do. YES, I have had quite a few random offers for swaps. Quite a interesting one for Cam Smith redemption. My suggestion do not worry, politely say NO, press delete in your message box & move on to the next trade. Life is to short to worry about some low ball offer. As for future value, it comes down to supply & demand. Classic is a small print run with some very good cards. I believe they will be in demand for a while. Even if prices drop there is always a collecter around the corner hoping to get the one card he missed the first time around. Cheers all z240:v:

My opinion is that ratios do not dictate the value of a card. I would much rather 2 Tps than a Double Trouble. I would swap any DT for any 2 TPs and someone offering 1 TP for a DT isnt that bad of a proposal. Look at Ebay completed listings, it isnt totally fair but it is in the ballpark.
If that deal has got you thinking that people here are vultures, stay a while and that deal will almost seem fair. :lol::rolleyes:
If i had Idris TP, i would never even straight trade that for a Dragons DT.
Seriously whats better, an up and coming stars signature rookie card or a piece of plastic that is just a recycled idea from series 1?
Thats just my thoughts and im sure i will be in the minority here

Totally agree, who cares about numbers, Top Prospects are signed, look better than the Double Troubles (which I reckon look quite ugly for some teams) and the numbers aren't that different.

But anyway, if you don't like the deal being offered then just say no, and get over it! No use crying about it, nobody is forcing you to take any deal on here.

yea mate, no ones crying, more like laughing ...

wish somewhere down here had a card busienss where fair trading can happen, :lol:

like said before, not everyone here is trying to scam (met some very nicew people, helpfull),,, but the ratio of good to bad offers so far has been even...

if youve got nothing useful to say in this thread then please dont reply, we are asking where do people get the nerve to offer such crap offers for 09 Classic (limited print release) ?? and at what point is a fair trade ??... i personally think if your wanting to trade with 09 Classics , you gotta trade by "ratio" at the minimum...otherwise, simply sell it...

this thread isnt about what card looks better amd what you personally like collecting more...

duhh...

p.s. the answer is simple people , stop wasting our time with crap offers for 09 Classic, if youve got something in mind that doesnt equal to (card ratio) then simply forget it.... regardless wheter you collect TP or DT

how about everyone else here ?? hows your experinces going with 09 Classics ?? are you having overly amount of unfair offers ?? What do you think is fair trade regarding 09 Classics, let us know your thoughts...

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

You know the thing about low ball offers from 'scam artists'. They get rejected and no one but the few that don't know their thing, consult someone or do their homework get the short end of the stick.

Those that low ball don't trade very often and simply are a nuisance and are quickly known in the community as those you are less likely to trade with.

Easy answer to the whole thing is a simple no and move on.

Nice comment there, i agree with you.

BUT (more info)

Some of these people may be potentially nice trading partners, and they maybe throwing in 1 off odd un-fairish offer for 09 Classic..

BUT when 1 odd offer comes from 10-20 potentially nice trading contacts, its gets quite frustrating even "responding no" to those offers, so there is a chance i may come across as a bit of a nuisance myself and may even less my chances to even dealing with some users because now they might not want to contact/communicate with you so much anymore, even if you have cards they need....

but this is 09 classic series (limited print) people, if you needed any other years series (non-limited print) then i would happily accept random offers to consider.., but 09 Classic is limited print and weve put in alot of time and effort creating trade/sale lists, replying to offers etc.. trying to reach out people...but when all that effort goes back to responding to rediculous deals for 09 Classic, then this less's the chance of creating your/my own reputation on this website towards potential trading partners....

so i think people just need to do thier homework and be a bit more considerate and "helpfull" non the less, make up your mind whether your collecting DTs or TPs and then make some fair offers...

that would be great and would make trading on here much less tedious

:thumbsup:

so lets do some trading people...check out my WANT/TRADE lists below, keep in touch :lol:

I think you will find there are far more good eggs on here than bad ones.

I too have had my fair share of lowballs. There is one particular user on this site that just offers ridiculously stupidly lowball offers on almost every single thread - can anyone guess who this is ? How this guy gets any trades is beyond me. I just ignore the guy :lol:

Don't tar every member with the same brush - there are a share of morons (as on every site) but there are far more quality members who are intent on trading fairly and equally. Also members who give cards away just because they can - just need to look at the Member Thank You thread to see that (and im certain that a fair number of the good deeds don't get posted in that thread).

As someone said earlier, pass on the lowball offers and find a trade that makes you happy :)

go the admins :thumbsup:

good input...

maybe it could be a idea to also create "Member Thankyou" feedback system as well... (maybe even combine it with normal feedback)

for eg: same process as leaveing feedback, but the feedback is only a reply to the "user/sellers ID's" thread, under "Member Thankyou" section... (1 thread only per user ID on ozcardtrader)

each +1 positive feedback comment could be shown as +1 on our profiles underneath our ozcardtrader feedback....and then people can read actual comments, experiences and stories about each "buyer/trader" instead of just reading, short 80character length feedback....

just a idea... maybe not the best idea :lol:

Hey guys

I love every response :) :) :)

But remember people this isn't a cry, as much as it might sound like one.

Me and my friend DO laugh at the ****ty offers that fly our way.

we DO ignore these lowball offers, and we DO NOT make any dodgy offers to members.

We DO see the friendly side to this community of traders, but if you read in my first post i say that "for as many ****ty people we have come across on this website we have found equally as many friendly and helpful ones", and once again i thank each and everyone of you for the support and information you have let me and my friend know. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

I suppose we will have to let the cards do the talking when the boxes run out :D:D

then we will see what people will really pay/trade for a Double Trouble :p:p:p:p:p

stay safe traders :v::v::v::v:

BEARJEW aka Payney85

Great thread :lol:

I think a DT is worth 2 TPs, regardless of who they are. The less important ones could be the best player in the next few years, such as John Williams, Kris Keating or Ben Jones, you never know.

Also, I know the Cowboys DT is the best, as it has the best 2 players in the world from the best teams :D

Totally agree, who cares about numbers, Top Prospects are signed, look better than the Double Troubles (which I reckon look quite ugly for some teams) and the numbers aren't that different.

But anyway, if you don't like the deal being offered then just say no, and get over it! No use crying about it, nobody is forcing you to take any deal on here.

Sorry Gould i have to disagree with you there.

Just because top prospects are signed does not make them more or less valuable, what about a signed double trouble card ??????????:D:D:D

signatures CERTAINLY DO NOT dictate price of a card, maybe in other series like basketball where you come across Rare Micheal Jordan Auto cards or something, but even in those series those cards are mostly limited to 30 - 40 oif that same card.
Thats what makes em so valuable THE LIMITED NUMBER OF THE 1 CARD.

In saying that, there are only 200 Double Troubles made of the one team, which might not be much to you, but it is still 100 less then what is printed in The Top Prospect cards.

i think its fair to say that pack ratio of the card is the best bet on grabbing a starting selling price for the card.

Well look at the Captains Sig Redemption Cards for Example 1:576 packs or something.

And i haven't seen one go for any less then 600 Dollers, EVEN ANDREW RYAN!!! eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So its blatantly obvious that Ratio is Dictating the prices of Cap sig Redemptions !

So why not Double Troubles???

Come on people more feedback

and everyone srat telling me about the worst offers or trades you have been offered, Please PM me if you do not feel comfortable posting it on this thread, but i would personally like to know what some people are willing to trade

z240 i am keen to know what some1 would offer for the Cap Sig Redempton

Especially if it was blatantly silly :v::v::v:

All comes down to personal opinion in this case i think, I'd trade a double trouble for 2 top prospects in a heart beat.

In AFL's case i'd probly feel as i'm ripping someone off a little if they were giving me 2 good draft pick sigs for a double trouble.

Hand signed double trouble? again personal preference, only worth what someone is willing to pay.
In my case i wouldnt go near it, ruin's the insert.

I would LOVE a signed Double Trouble. I am aiming to get the Cowboys in 2 weeks. :D

I think it all comes down to you personally what you want.

Someone might want to pay $100 for a signed DT while you want $150. Its all personal

I will sit on the fence, with this one, but i do lean towards the side that says that ratios alone don't dictate price. A TP is the first signed card of any player and if they look like they will be great, then their cards can demand more money. Lets face it, whilst the DTs might be rare, some of the teams have quite poor player selection and really don't have the appeal of a signed TP of a great up and comer.

Taking all that into account, I do think that with the lower end cards (TOY, CP), that ratios do dictate value as these cards are (virtually) unlimited in number.

As for the bad deals and offers Payney, once you've been on here for a while, you'll notice that these 'offers' come from the same people every time. You will learn to ignore them and never deal with them (like I do!). Build trust through trades and you will find that most of us will trade in your favour to help you out and what goes around comes around.

Cheers

Just because top prospects are signed does not make them more or less valuable, what about a signed double trouble card ??????????:D:D:D

signatures CERTAINLY DO NOT dictate price of a card,

Hand Signed Inserts devalue the card most of the time and really are only valued by the person who got it signed, Top Prospects and Future Force Cards are certified and collectors never have to worry about authenticity.

Double Troubles are rubbish, all previous Select Series 2 Releases that have a 1:2 Box inserts are way better. Example- 2005 Power Inspirations (Ebay Auction going rate $65-$75) 2006 Invincible Legend Die-Cut ($60-$120) 2008 Centenary Immortal Sketch<< Im not a big fan ($45-$70).
There is no way that when prices settle down Double Troubles will be worth over $50.
They look lame and i really think they only appeal to a younger collector.
Think about some of the 90s inserts that were 1:2 Boxes, some struggle to even get $10. Now i know that 90s were way overproduced, but im just proving my point that Ratio means nothing.
So on your whole "Ratio is key theory", 4x Team of the Year Cards are worth 1 Double Trouble and 2xTY for a Top Prospect?.............I dont think so.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I really think Selct has stuffed up big time and neglected the collector who only collects Series 2. The 1:2 Box insert shouldve been Platinum Top Prospects #/100.
That is one of Selects best ideas ever, AFL platinums (2005 Dynasty and 2008 Classic) go for $100+, there are no NRL Inserts of the same ratio that reach those prices.

I have 2 DTs (Knights and Bulldogs) that i would be more than willing to trade for 4 Top Prospects. I guess that kind of trade is really upto the individual but i am really suprised how many people really like DTs.

like said before, not everyone here is trying to scam (met some very nicew people, helpfull),,, but the ratio of good to bad offers so far has been even...

if youve got nothing useful to say in this thread then please dont reply, we are asking where do people get the nerve to offer such crap offers for 09 Classic (limited print release) ?? and at what point is a fair trade ??... i personally think if your wanting to trade with 09 Classics , you gotta trade by "ratio" at the minimum...otherwise, simply sell it...

this thread isnt about what card looks better amd what you personally like collecting more...

duhh...

I assume this is all directed at me? Hmm, I would say that the thread is about which card you prefer collecting, and which looks better. Coz that will dictate what sort of deal you are going to do.

I don't collect cards coz I'm a mathmatician, I don't do deals based on how many there are of each card, I do it if I like the card or not!

I probably have nothing useful to say on any thread, but if I got a bad offer I would just not take it, reply to the message saying no, or if I wanted to negotiate, send back another message with another offer.

It's pretty much normal practice in life, as far as I'm concerned. People are out to do the best for themselves ... it's naive to think otherwise.

Sorry Gould i have to disagree with you there.

signatures CERTAINLY DO NOT dictate price of a card, maybe in other series like basketball where you come across Rare Micheal Jordan Auto cards or something, but even in those series those cards are mostly limited to 30 - 40 oif that same card.
Thats what makes em so valuable THE LIMITED NUMBER OF THE 1 CARD.

In saying that, there are only 200 Double Troubles made of the one team, which might not be much to you, but it is still 100 less then what is printed in The Top Prospect cards.

i think its fair to say that pack ratio of the card is the best bet on grabbing a starting selling price for the card.

Well look at the Captains Sig Redemption Cards for Example 1:576 packs or something.

And i haven't seen one go for any less then 600 Dollers, EVEN ANDREW RYAN!!! eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So its blatantly obvious that Ratio is Dictating the prices of Cap sig Redemptions !

So why not Double Troubles???

Obviously the numbers have an impact if you are talking about two lots of signature cards, one out of 300 and one out of 50. Or if you are talking about a card numbered out of 50, of course the number is going to affect price.

That's not what I'm saying, just saying TO ME the Double Trouble is a pretty rubbish insert, they aren't even individually numbered, I would swap one for a Top Prospect any day of the week, if I had a spare DT lying around.

It's down to my personal opinion, I'm not into trading cards to make money or anything, just want cards I like.

And there's nothing wrong with Andrew Ryan, he's played tests and plenty of origins, and chances are he will be a premiership winning captain for the second time this year.

Hand Signed Inserts devalue the card most of the time and really are only valued by the person who got it signed, Top Prospects and Future Force Cards are certified and collectors never have to worry about authenticity.

Double Troubles are rubbish, all previous Select Series 2 Releases that have a 1:2 Box inserts are way better. Example- 2005 Power Inspirations (Ebay Auction going rate $65-$75) 2006 Invincible Legend Die-Cut ($60-$120) 2008 Centenary Immortal Sketch<< Im not a big fan ($45-$70).
There is no way that when prices settle down Double Troubles will be worth over $50.
They look lame and i really think they only appeal to a younger collector.
Think about some of the 90s inserts that were 1:2 Boxes, some struggle to even get $10. Now i know that 90s were way overproduced, but im just proving my point that Ratio means nothing.
So on your whole "Ratio is key theory", 4x Team of the Year Cards are worth 1 Double Trouble and 2xTY for a Top Prospect?.............I dont think so.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I really think Selct has stuffed up big time and neglected the collector who only collects Series 2. The 1:2 Box insert shouldve been Platinum Top Prospects #/100.
That is one of Selects best ideas ever, AFL platinums (2005 Dynasty and 2008 Classic) go for $100+, there are no NRL Inserts of the same ratio that reach those prices.

I have 2 DTs (Knights and Bulldogs) that i would be more than willing to trade for 4 Top Prospects. I guess that kind of trade is really upto the individual but i am really suprised how many people really like DTs.

Pretty much agree with all this. I've already seen DT's going for the high $30 range on ebay. Inspirations and Legend Die Cuts were much better, imo ... (although I've seen a few Legend Die Cuts which are cut off centre and don't look so good, but I digress).

And for the record, I'd never get an insert hand signed, either.

hi mate,

good response, however i only agree with 1 fact of your comment.

I agree with the fact that DTs should have been replaced with sometihing like a Top Prospect Platinum # out of 100.

This would of certainly been more appealing to the collector i think.

but as for the rest, i think alot of you just are failing to realise the following:

09 NRL Classic is a "Limited" print series, limited means a certain amount printed right ?

so therefor, yes mate 4 TOTY is a fair trade for a DT.

its simple, you cant trade and sell cards at the same time....

its either trade it or sell it, not both...

being as 09 NRL Classic is a "Limited" print, TRADING must go by ratio, its just common sense...

if you dont want to trade it then bloody sell it for however much you want.....

and yes 90's were over printed, thats why they have devalued...

09 Classic is "Limited" print,,,will hold its value much much better......

So are you tring to tell me that hypothetically, if you had a double of a card for eg. Dragons Double Trouble, and you only needed 4 TOTY in order to complete your entire set...

your telling me you would not trade the double of the dragons DT for the 4 TOTY that you needed ?:blink:

but as for the rest, i think alot of you just are failing to realise the following:

09 NRL Classic is a "Limited" print series, limited means a certain amount printed right ?

so therefor, yes mate 4 TOTY is a fair trade for a DT.

its simple, you cant trade and sell cards at the same time....

its either trade it or sell it, not both...

being as 09 NRL Classic is a "Limited" print, TRADING must go by ratio, its just common sense...

We do realise all this, but you are looking at it way too over-simplistically. Heaps of factors come into card trading, the quantity of the card is only one part of this.

If you want an example, I just did some quick calculations using the completed auctions feature on ebay. The Idris Top Prospect on ebay has sold for, on average, $46.33. The Warriors double trouble has sold for on average $44.38.

But according to what you are saying, the Idris should be selling for much less than the Double Trouble.

So many things come into the price a card will sell for, things like the team featured, the player featured, the design of the card, if it's signed, whether it has the number printed on it or not, condition, demand for the card, even what the seller charges for postage!

If all of those things were equal, then yes, the value and price of the card would solely depend on how many were printed. But the variables I've mentioned above are pretty huge, you'll never see card prices solely dependant on print run alone.

We are talking about trading cards not shares. Cards have real people from real teams, hence, emotions and preferences will come into it. If you want to trade with numbers, you have chosen the wrong hobby

So many things come into the price a card will sell for, things like the team featured, the player featured, the design of the card, if it's signed, whether it has the number printed on it or not, condition, demand for the card, even what the seller charges for postage!

If all of those things were equal, then yes, the value and price of the card would solely depend on how many were printed. But the variables I've mentioned above are pretty huge, you'll never see card prices solely dependant on print run alone.

Im not talking about prices of 09 Classic cards mate, im talking about what is a fair trade regarding 09 NRL classics...

like i said you cant trade and sell it at the same time...

this is a limited print series, you either trade it or you sell it...

but as far as trading goes, if you want to trade, you must trade by the ratio mate, its simple, this is a limited print, so dont come to me trying to trade 1 top prospect for a DT because a DT is worth 2 x Top Prospects full stop...

and like i said if you dont wanna trade it , then sell it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom