NRL CLASSIC '09' Trading Card Conflicts HELP EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payney85

Banned User
Real Name
C
Hey everyone

I am starting this thread to show my disgust at some users on this website. :mad:

Me and my friend signed up to this website because we thought it would be insightful and helpful in answering all our card questions and a fun and fair environment to trade in .;);););)

We also thought people on here were not trying to rip us off, NOT EVERYONE, but clearly people who do not understand the concept of what a fair trade for this '09' NRL classic series would be.

For as many helpful people i have come across (Thanks guys), i have run into equally as many assholes and scam artists who come to us with the worst offers and trades, expecting us to take them.

To all the people who have helped me over these past 3 weeks i thank you greatly :wave::wave::wave::D:D:D

Ok Here it goes:

My friend is selling his Dragons Double Trouble OR Trading it for 2 Top prospects.

That is a fair as trade!!!

Wanna know why???

Cause the ratio of getting a top prospect is 1:32 = 16 per case

Double trouble ratio = 1:72 = 8 per case

So it would be safe to assume that SINCE this is a limited press release, and the Top Prospects are numbered to 300, there would ONLY BE 150 of that double trouble ever made for each team!!!!!

Way more froth then a Top Prospect as far as im concerned, and in turn, way more valuable!!!!:woot::woot::woot::woot: REGARDLESS OF THE TEAM

I would go as far as saying that a Matt Prior and Eddie Pettybourne/Jamaal Idris Top Prospect would come as close as the = value of the Dragons Double Trouble

Tell me where is the fairness or respect to me or my friend when someone comes to us with a ****ty offer like Wade Graham Top Prospect for A Dragons Double Trouble!!! :mad:

There have been way worse offers then that , trust me:(:(:(:(:(.

I would just like to know everyone's opinion on the situation please i want as many posts and responses as possible.

I am not out to point fingers or make enemies or come off as a total psycho :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but i would like to know where people get the nerve to try and even attempt a trade like that????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely Horrid behaviour

Look forward to viewing your posts

Stay Safe Traders

BEARJEW! AKA Payney85

:v::v::v:

Thats pretty poor mate. I am a fair dinkem guy on here and wouldnt rip anyone off.

I think a Dragons DT for 2 Top prospects is a fatastic deal. But not for one TP, especially not a very good one.

My opinion is that ratios do not dictate the value of a card. I would much rather 2 Tps than a Double Trouble. I would swap any DT for any 2 TPs and someone offering 1 TP for a DT isnt that bad of a proposal. Look at Ebay completed listings, it isnt totally fair but it is in the ballpark.
If that deal has got you thinking that people here are vultures, stay a while and that deal will almost seem fair. :lol::rolleyes:
If i had Idris TP, i would never even straight trade that for a Dragons DT.
Seriously whats better, an up and coming stars signature rookie card or a piece of plastic that is just a recycled idea from series 1?
Thats just my thoughts and im sure i will be in the minority here

I got to agreed with Justin, ratios are only part of the indication of the value of the card.
Your best bet to find the value of the card is to do a completed search on ebay.

In saying that, the offer of a Wade Graham TP for the Dragons predictor is a bit rough. !!!

Also cards are like everything else: One mans trash is another man treasure.

Enjoy the site, here are many good people here. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have a query. I will try and help but l'm a AFL collector and can only help so much.

I had someone offer me 6 champions jdc's for a Predictor.

It's all part of trading, you are going to get lowball offers for stuff sometimes.

But I find that most people who trade on this site are good and don't try an rip people off.

I had someone offer me 6 champions jdc's for a Predictor.

It's all part of trading, you are going to get lowball offers for stuff sometimes.

But I find that most people who trade on this site are good and don't try an rip people off.

:lol: Now that trade proposal is absolutely ridiculous. You should of started this thread :lol:

:lol: Now that trade proposal is absolutely ridiculous. You should of started this thread :lol:

It got better. When I rejected that offer they sweetened the deal by offering two more. Like that was the difference between me accepting the deal and rejecting it.

Everyone gets the occassional ridiculous offer....$100 for two signed commons has to top my list though
Brplat

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

It got better. When I rejected that offer they sweetened the deal by offering two more.

:lol::lol::lol: thats a great deal!! definately should of done it mate:lol::lol::lol:
sometimes its funny to see offers like these :)
Brplat

im sorry but i disagree with the above,

you cant trade cards going by prices mate, its either trade by statistics (minimum) or sell the card...

and yes its upto what you personally want to collect, some people might collect DT some might collect Top Prospect...

But nothing changes, a DT is worth 2 x Top Prospects, Idris or not...

for us being newbies here and just joined, the ratio of good to bad offers has been even, which is a poor start to a potentially great card community website...

Ive even got offered 2 x 08 champion GEM cards for DT...amongst a bunch of other rediculous offers...09 Classic is a limited print series , go figure....

peace to all

all your comments are excellent!!! lets keep this topic rolling people i need as much information as possible.

I do have a little concern but that ratio does not dictate the value???

I beg to differ

Who wants to trade me their CAPTAIN SIGNATURE CARD for my JAAMAAL IDRIS top prospect :) :) :) :)

common people it is a reasonable offer

what considering you cant dictate the price of a card by its pack ratio???? ;)

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Everyone gets the occassional ridiculous offer....$100 for two signed commons has to top my list though
Brplat

mate that is ridiculous, who the hell were they?

Dally Messenger and Clive Churchill autos

PALEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!

who ever offered that is retarded and needs counselling, or is really poor:thumbsup:

Considering i have been selling all my signed cards in bulk for a lot lot lot lot cheaper then 100$.

they were maurice blair and brad tighe. 2009 champions common cards.
It made me laugh at least...$100...thats crazy
and he made it sound like he was doing them cheap!
"oh ill give them both to you for $100"
Brplat

hahaha very agreeable Ming :)

But in saying that, why does the ratio not dictate the price??

I am also a believer that its up to the collector, but we have all these people who have bought cases of NRL classic and have really sweet cool cards , but want more really sweet cool cards and are offering there crazy gay doubles in turn for a good card

Dragons DT is easily 10 x better then any old prospect card.

I have looked at some of the Prospect cards from previous years NRL series and have seen that they decrease in value cause its not a certainty whether or not the player will make it in the big time: regardless of playing 1 year of first grade .

E.g Todd Carney Jarrod Mullen Top Prospect cards goin for 15$ from 2007 series i think.
Now im not sure if that series is limited like this classic series but hey thats a 15$ or 20$ DECREASE IN VALUE and Jarrod Mullen is still playing 1st grade.

But limited only means one thing in my vocab, and thats not very many of!!!

So in saying that, once every single little box of classic is gone, BOOM BAM cya later thats it!!!
Am i correct in saying we wont be able to buy another box of classic from select and wont be able to find a 1:72 Dragons DT or a top prospect.

I feel that since these lot of Double Troubles are limited and the first Champs 09 series are continuously being printed, that these ones from this series are worth a fair bit more ( owning one out of only 150 of the card is sweet as)

I Thought it came down to the rarity of the card as well??
Only 150 Double Troubles of that team printed forever!!!
so if u own all the Double Troubles you would be 1 of 150 people who can own all 16

Anyways keep your opinions flowing people :)

i am not out to lynch anyone ( Yet ;) )
I
would just like to understand more about cards and would like to hear what everyone else knows and understands about this great hobby

Cheers Guys

:) :) :) :)

I'm pretty sure it is 200 of each top prospect (4800 boxes / 2 2400/12 teams featured = 200. Also i think it all depends on who the cards of. I'd trade my souths double trouble for an Idris and Moltzen top prospects for sure but wouldn't for the 2 williams top prospects.

hahaha very agreeable Ming :)

But in saying that, why does the ratio not dictate the price??

I said ratios are only part of the indication of the price. ;););)

And your looking at the wrong players. (Going to get jumped on for this)

But all the best valued TP and FF are the MELBOURNE ones. :lol::lol::lol:
They always go up in value. ;););)
Because thats where the best NRL players are.

You are correct

Tap Twist Snap
Excellent mathematic skills ( I sucked )

i forgot to minus the four teams that are not apart of this series.

Well it is still rarer then a Top Prospect :) :) :)

You know the thing about low ball offers from 'scam artists'. They get rejected and no one but the few that don't know their thing, consult someone or do their homework get the short end of the stick.

Those that low ball don't trade very often and simply are a nuisance and are quickly known in the community as those you are less likely to trade with.

Easy answer to the whole thing is a simple no and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom