NRL CLASSIC '09' Trading Card Conflicts HELP EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to the people doing the trade, you just work out a fair one that both people will agree to ... but all the factors I mentioned above still come into it.

For example, because it's a Knights card, I wouldn't swap an Uate Top Prospect for five Double Troubles, because although I would be "doing a good deal", I collect Knights cards, so the Uate means a lot more to me.

What I think of the cards matters ... if someone who doesn't rate the Double Troubles at all wants to swap one Double Trouble for one Future Force, then they should do it! What's so hard to understand about that?

It's up to the people doing the trade, you just work out a fair one that both people will agree to ... but all the factors I mentioned above still come into it.

For example, because it's a Knights card, I wouldn't swap an Uate Top Prospect for five Double Troubles, because although I would be "doing a good deal", I collect Knights cards, so the Uate means a lot more to me.

What I think of the cards matters ... if someone who doesn't rate the Double Troubles at all wants to swap one Double Trouble for one Future Force, then they should do it! What's so hard to understand about that?

hey mate,

thats a nice comment, much more understandable...

now i can understand you, you should be able to see that both of our opinions end up agreeing.

as you say those factors come into play, but like i say you must either trade the card or just sell the card, you cant do both...

this is a "limited" print series ! this being said, for eg. if your a hardcore knights fan, yes your knights cards will have more sentimental value to you, but if you are looking to trade your so be-loved players cards, dont expect to trade them for anything "more" then the ratio...

it is a "limited" print series, so if your going to trade it, the prices dont matter...once again either trade it or sell it...

so my point is, for eg. if your such a hardcore knights fan and wanting to trade one of your favourite knights cards, dont expect to get anything more in return then what the ratio's are...

otherwise, if your not satisfied then go sell your card for how ever much you want i dont care, but dont try n go around trading 09 Classics based on your favourite players and card prices and expect to get something more in return then what the ratio states....

this is a limited print series, whats so hard to understand about that ?...

:v:

You can always try your luck by suggesting a bad trade though ... it's like auctioning a house, start low, then have a max that you'll bid to.

Like, if I saw a Captain Sig on ebay with a buy it now of $50, I'd grab it! You never know what the other person will say.

I wouldn't get disgusted about the trades offered, as the person who started this thread was, one persons rock can be another person's diamond, and it's all about negotiating until there's something on the table that is fair for both parties.

You can always try your luck by suggesting a bad trade though ... it's like auctioning a house, start low, then have a max that you'll bid to.

Like, if I saw a Captain Sig on ebay with a buy it now of $50, I'd grab it! You never know what the other person will say.

I wouldn't get disgusted about the trades offered, as the person who started this thread was, one persons rock can be another person's diamond, and it's all about negotiating until there's something on the table that is fair for both parties.

now were getting somewhere :D

i agree with you to a degree mate, besides the "try your luck by suggesting a bad trade" for a limited print series !?!?!? i think not....

... thats just like me saying, here up for grabs is a limited edition built house only 300 ever made, auction price starts at 30,000$ minimum, and then come waltzing along are some potential buyers knowing this house is limited edition and knows the starting price is 30,000$ minimum, but still decide to offer something less then the minimum..... how does that work ?

but this thread was originally started to help establish a fair trading mentality towards the limited print series of 09 Classics...

because honestly, the many offers that my friend and i have recieved for 09 Classics has mostly been rediculous, and not even worth trying to negotiate a deal with someone if they have such a stubborn mentality towards a limited print series of cards...

so this thread was made to ask, where do people get the nerve to offer such rediculous offers for 09 Classics ?? and at what point should the line be drawn to establish a fair trading system regarding 09 Classics "limited" print ??

we are all here to discuss , share opinions and establish a line for fair "trading" (09 Classic series).... NOT "selling"

the main context of this thread has been 09 Classic Double Trouble trade for 2 x Top Prospect (ratio)

so keep em commin :D

ABSOLUTELY AGREED!!!

I believe both parties are right, and i believe each person has a fair and reasonable argument when it comes to what is considered a "fair trade".

I would still love to hear everyones "WORST TRADE OFFERS", that is , what ridiculous offers have some people on this site or any other card community that you are a part of offered you. ( DO NOT NAME NAMES)

It would be fascinating to know PAST and PRESENT any series of rugby league card!!!

This thread is cool, i need more opinions people especially about Predictor cards and whether a Top Prospect is worth a Predictor card????

Fair deal ????

BEARJEW aka Payney85

ahhh very nice,

Premiership Predictor trade for Top Prospect (fair trade or not ?)

in my personal opinion, i think 1 Predictor trade for 1 Top Prospect is fair and should be no more, no less..

the ratio for both of these cards are the same...so i say yes it is definately fair....any predictor for any top prospect...

i would say it just depends on whether you are at the stage of collecting predictors or not.... or vice versa...

so yes, this is a fair trade in my opinon, because it is fair by ratio and the 09 Classic is a limited print series...

what do you others think ?

I think, unless you are trying to complete the set, Predictors vary in value (roosters vs dragons for example). Ebay listings will confirm this. That said, an average predictor for an average TP is usually a fair trade

Hi guys

just an idea if the double trouble cards are so expensive why not sell them on ebay and buy 2 top prospects with the money instead of all this fuss i managed to pick up a dragons double trouble for $40 off alscards so you can pick up bargains if your lucky

cheers

At the end of the day this thread is saying one thing. "Value of limited" cards doesnt mean alot to collectors who want a particular player/team...most will trade in favour of the other person to get the card they want. Of course collectors care about VALUE ($$$) but this only matters if you want to sell the thing. Yes i agree some offers are crazy. But at the end of the day as long as you have the card you want...you have to be happy with it :)
brplat

I would trade a DT for two prospects in a heartbeat....i feel the personal touch of the on-card auto to be way more valuable than the knowledge that my piece of plastic is limited to 200 (although not even numbered)

E.g. Todd Carney Jarrod Mullen Top Prospect cards goin for 15$ from 2007 series i think.

Are you serious? Where? Sign me up!

Hi guys

just an idea if the double trouble cards are so expensive why not sell them on ebay and buy 2 top prospects with the money instead of all this fuss i managed to pick up a dragons double trouble for $40 off alscards so you can pick up bargains if your lucky

cheers

interesting point there torry :D

this is one of the aspects on this forum that has frustrated me, only concerning 09 Classic series because it is a "Limited" print...

as you say torry you could just sell the card and try buying others... but i would presume this method would be a bit uncertain if the cards are up for "auction" only as any outcome is possible. (may not get the price you want)

so that being said, yes you can try selling and buying the cards you want without the fuss, but if you are looking to "trade" 09 classic series on here ozcardtrader, you shouldnt be offering someone something "less in ratio" just because youve researched ebay prices....

the person should be willing to trade for the (ratio) as a minimum, otherwise dont bother going around on here ozcardtrader trying to pick up something more then the ratio

offers for 09 classic series that are less then the ratio are just insulting...

Dude, your a bit hung up on this whole ratio thing. I trade for Dollar Value or PC Value. Ratio doesnt even enter my thoughts. A fair trade is a fair trade no matter how hard the card was to pull. Ofcourse people want the best part of the trade, theres no need to moan about it, just say no or dont even bother replying if the trade proposal was that offensive.
Saying they need to trade at ratio is ludicrious and i have many times traded down for a PC card.

the person should be willing to trade for the (ratio) as a minimum, otherwise dont bother going around on here ozcardtrader trying to pick up something more then the ratio

offers for 09 classic series that are less then the ratio are just insulting...

Maybe just chuck just in your signature that you only trade by ratio's, but you cant say how or what ppl on a forum should be trading for.

I cant see anyone trading the top 2 top prospect signature's both numbered 2/400 or whatever there numbered out of for only 1 double trouble?

Everyone treats their trades differently and at the end of the day, you make an offer to trade and the other party accepts or rejects. Can't get any simpler than that.

If you are hung up on your ratio ideas, then I think you might be in the wrong place. Every deal is completely different, and cards should be traded equally on their market value, not on your idea of "ratios".

I think everyone has had their say on this (some more than others). Time to move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom