NFL Fans?!

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
Was wondering if there are any NFL fans around the board?!

I know there are a few, but I've just been getting into the game and have to say I think it's pretty cool!

It's still a bit complex, a lot of starting, stopping and shifting gears but all up it's pretty cool!

Wasn't sure which team to support, was thinking Miami Dolphins, but decided on the Atlanta Falcons because I've always liked Atlanta, and they're star quarterback Michael Vick is undersized for his position, a left-handed thrower and he wears #7, all of which are symbolic to me!

Anyway, if your a fan, let us know why, who and when you've been supporting!

In the summer holidays watched the Cowboys vs.. Seattle maybe? Sometime in the playoffs!

Tony Romo fumbled the ball for some 19 yard kick or something, that would've won them into the playoffs!!

I watch a little NFL whenever I'm at my brother's house. Saw an awesome ESPN show around playoff time with the battle for the best EA Sports game player of the latest NFL game? I think it was on X-Box? That was pretty awesome to watch too, lol.
I used to like the big Quarterbacks, like Dan Marino and the guy from the Chiefs back in the 90's. Don't really have a team to support, but I'm just a fan of the game at the moment.

Wasn't sure which team to support, was thinking Miami Dolphins, but decided on the Atlanta Falcons because I've always liked Atlanta, and they're star quarterback Michael Vick is undersized for his position, a left-handed thrower and he wears #7, all of which are symbolic to me!

The Falcons!!! I've been following them since the early 90s. I was at one of their games in the Georgia Dome last November. We have a new coach this season, who has cleaned out alot the dead wood from the Mora era.

If you are after a Falcons board, check out The Falcons Roost. I tailgated with them when I was at the game in November, they are a great bunch of informed people.

You should see what I picked up when I was over there (see attached), it takes pride of place with my Vick plaque and Dominique auto photo and cards.

Anyway, if your a fan, let us know why, who and when you've been supporting!

I started following the Falcons as I said in the early 90s. I started following the Falcons, because I followed the Hawks in the NBA. Its rough being a Falcon fan, but the highlight for me was when we went to Superbowl XXXIII. Even though we lost, it was such a great feeling of excitment when we won the NFC championship (in OT), and the anticipation as the big game was coming up. I went to a sports bar in Sydney for the game in my Tim Dwight jersey.

If you are after Falcons games, I have a heap of them from the last couple of years, as I get the DVDs sent from Pontel.

Cheers
Rick

P1010669.JPG

i recently changed from going for the NY jets to the cincinatti bengals. great team but they had a poor season. the game is all about setting up smart plays. thats why i follow it.

i recently changed from going for the NY jets to the cincinatti bengals. great team but they had a poor season. the game is all about setting up smart plays. thats why i follow it.

Why did you change teams?

I would never change teams, once I support one, I am with them for life! No matter how bad they were going. Case in point - I'm a Hawks fan! :lol:

Cheers
Rick

i was losing interest in the game. i didnt really follow them much anyway. it was sort of crossroads. then i noticed chad johnson and automatically changed to the bengals. i support them so much now.

i was losing interest in the game. i didnt really follow them much anyway. it was sort of crossroads. then i noticed chad johnson and automatically changed to the bengals. i support them so much now.

Hey Andrew, please note that wasn't intended to be a put down at all. I'm just so passionate about the teams I support that I just don't understand how someone can all of a sudden go for another team. I can see your point though, a fresh team for a fresh start in the sport. Chad Johnson is a great WR, and his battles with Deangelo Hall are always ones to watch. They are not afraid to trash talk each other before the game. The Bengals WR coach joined the Falcons this year, with our WR problems lately, hopefully he can get them performing half as good as the Bengals WRs from last year.

Cheers
Rick

The Falcons!!! I've been following them since the early 90s. I was at one of their games in the Georgia Dome last November. We have a new coach this season, who has cleaned out alot the dead wood from the Mora era.

If you are after a Falcons board, check out The Falcons Roost. I tailgated with them when I was at the game in November, they are a great bunch of informed people.

You should see what I picked up when I was over there (see attached), it takes pride of place with my Vick plaque and Dominique auto photo and cards.

I started following the Falcons as I said in the early 90s. I started following the Falcons, because I followed the Hawks in the NBA. Its rough being a Falcon fan, but the highlight for me was when we went to Superbowl XXXIII. Even though we lost, it was such a great feeling of excitment when we won the NFC championship (in OT), and the anticipation as the big game was coming up. I went to a sports bar in Sydney for the game in my Tim Dwight jersey.

If you are after Falcons games, I have a heap of them from the last couple of years, as I get the DVDs sent from Pontel.

Cheers
Rick

wow man, that's awesome! great read, great pics, great story!!

yeahh maybe i'll hit up some games, after i learn the completion of the rules first! :p

i don't even know how everything works yet, seems SO complex!!!

I watch a little NFL whenever I'm at my brother's house. Saw an awesome ESPN show around playoff time with the battle for the best EA Sports game player of the latest NFL game? I think it was on X-Box? That was pretty awesome to watch too, lol.
I used to like the big Quarterbacks, like Dan Marino and the guy from the Chiefs back in the 90's. Don't really have a team to support, but I'm just a fan of the game at the moment.

i saw that on ESPN! it was pretty cool, they got to meet the real NFL Stars and then represent them on the video games!!

some of those guys are so nuts! i swear i could do something like that on NBA Live, i'm an absolute nut at the game, i have yet to meet anyone who can beat me in a regular game.

Hey Andrew, please note that wasn't intended to be a put down at all. I'm just so passionate about the teams I support that I just don't understand how someone can all of a sudden go for another team. I can see your point though, a fresh team for a fresh start in the sport. Chad Johnson is a great WR, and his battles with Deangelo Hall are always ones to watch. They are not afraid to trash talk each other before the game. The Bengals WR coach joined the Falcons this year, with our WR problems lately, hopefully he can get them performing half as good as the Bengals WRs from last year.

Cheers
Rick

nah man, you didnt put me down dude. its all cool.

Cowboys fan. Always have been. Always will be. Case in point I'm a Hawks fan (AFL lmao).

I'm not sure why I started following them, prolly cos they were popular in the mid 90s when i started watching... but the way they were American's team (for a while anyway) just hooked me. Plus who can look Past Aikman, Irvin and Smith? Best trio in the history of the game... three key positions helped win three superbowls thats my team!!

Now that would have been a thing of beauty lol

I need to get myself a Rice Auto to go along with my Montana.

But I do have a personalised Auto'd card of Emmitt Smith that was given to me by a friend in Dallas last year.

Now that would have been a thing of beauty lol

I need to get myself a Rice Auto to go along with my Montana.

But I do have a personalised Auto'd card of Emmitt Smith that was given to me by a friend in Dallas last year.

Are you trying to make me jealous? Cos yer doing a bloody good job!

Cowboys fan. Always have been. Always will be. Case in point I'm a Hawks fan (AFL lmao).

I'm not sure why I started following them, prolly cos they were popular in the mid 90s when i started watching... but the way they were American's team (for a while anyway) just hooked me. Plus who can look Past Aikman, Irvin and Smith? Best trio in the history of the game... three key positions helped win three superbowls thats my team!!

It's great to see NFL getting a bit of attention on here and hopefully some more people can jump on board.

Aikman and Irvin were two of the best pass receiving duos ever and as for smith, the name speaks for itself but there was another player who really helped these guys and that's Jay Novacek who was an amazing TE.:D

Back
Top Bottom