NFL Draft is here!!!

And first trade!
Raiders sent their #3 draft pick to the Dolphins so that the Dolphins can select...

I don't think Panini and Topps are going to be liking this draft too much!
So far in the first 7 picks:
3 x OT (Fisher, Joeckel and Johnson)
1 x OG (Jonathan Cooper)
3 x DE/OLB (Jordan, Ansah and Mingo)

And second trade: Rams traded up to the Bills pick.
Selection is: WR - Tavon Austin. First "skill" position selection. Has been compared to Randall Cobb.

And second trade: Rams traded up to the Bills pick.
Selection is: WR - Tavon Austin. First "skill" position selection. Has been compared to Randall Cobb.

He's supposed to be a gun... I hope so, because we have so many needs and already have a heap of WR's, would hate to have wasted a high pick as well as those we trading to get him. LB with the 30th pick... Tomorrow is looking interesting, a number of expected 1st rounders still available...

Good fun watching all the wheelings and dealings. Still some of the bigger names having to come back tomorrow.
Reading up on Sylvester Williams, the Broncos pick, they're talking him up big time (the Broncos that is), that's to be expected, he was the one they were hanging out for. ;)
He was rated anywhere from between 3rd to 6th defensive tackle by different experts, but while the top few went early, he did trump Aussie Jesse Williams.
Anyway, can't help being impressed by the hype and theatre that goes with all things NFL.
Very entertaining.=D>

I don't think Panini and Topps are going to be liking this draft too much!
So far in the first 7 picks:
3 x OT (Fisher, Joeckel and Johnson)
1 x OG (Jonathan Cooper)
3 x DE/OLB (Jordan, Ansah and Mingo)

Yep, boxes of 2012 product all just went up in value!!:(

This is true! I must say I am liking the picks though.
R1: DJ Hayden was rated as the top CB before his freak injury. Looks to be completely recovered now after all 32 teams cleared him.
R2: Menelik Watson is the second player from England drafted by the Raiders the last couple years. Only played one year of Football after being recruited to play Basketball but looks to have great potential and should be able to be groomed into a very solid RT (which the team really needs!).
R3: Sio Moore looks to be a decent LB pickup who can play in the 4-3 or 3-4. I like what he has said in interviews so far "The Raiders are getting a pissed-off linebacker. No one will out-work me".

This draft has been very strange. Surprised Geno fell so far and really surprised Jesse Williams is still on the board.

Back
Top Bottom